Am I literally the only person who...

LTH

Reaction score
Am I literally the only person who believes Seattle can turn this thing around? Better sound off now if you think Seattle has a chance because I'm going to take all the credit when it happens for being the one and only person who still believed...

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
The season is over. Even if they make the playoffs, they will be promptly bounced. Pete is only capable of putting together 2 quarters of football in a 4 quarters game. The talent level on the team including the HoF QB is no longer capable of overcoming this handicap.

Over 40% of the teams make the playoffs now. Making the playoffs isn't an achievement, unless you are the Jaguars or the Lions. Is that what the Seahawks are now?

hinton

Reaction score
I still think they can, but losing the Steelers game makes it tough.

The team has been somewhere between sub-par and flat-out terrible all season (aside from the Colts game) and yet have somehow been in every game (aside from the Vikes).

If you look at it objectively we should have beaten the Titans, and if we;'d played more than half-a-game against either the Rams or the Steelers we'd have won at least one of those games.

We should be at least 3-3 despite playing with their heads up their backsides.

If our D can build on the Steelers performance they can be an average unit. If the O can get Wilson back and play to potential they can be top 3.

We'll need to beat the Rams, and probably sweep the Cards.

Realistically 11-6 will probably make the playoffs this season, maybe even 10-7. If we get into the playoffs we'll be on a roll, and when you're in anything can happen.

If we beat the Saints and the Jags, with the D stepping up and Wilson coming back for the GB then I'll feel a lot better about our chances.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m thinking it will be a 9-8 type of season. They already have 4 losses and still have to play the Cards twice plus the Packers and the Rams. They might surprise us and win one of those 4, but surely they will stumble somewhere along the way too against a team they have no business losing to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you mean by "turn things around".
Avoid a losing record?...Yes.
SB?...no way.
Playoffs?....possibly.
If playoffs then an early exit?...Most likely.

That being said - I have always been a pretty optimistic homer of a fan when it
comes to the Seahawks. No matter how frustrated I am with the team...I will always watch...and I will
always have a deep down feeling that somehow they are going to find a way to win right up until the last
second ticks off of the clock. Even when the odds have been stacked against them - and yes - even when
they look like a total dumpster fire.

Go Hawks!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They are 2-4 with Geno Smith at QB right now. I honestly dont see them winning any games until Wilson gets back, but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and give them one against either the Jags or New Orleans. I dont see Wilson coming back until the Washington game because the losses will be piling up and there wont be much reason to rush him back at that point. Personally I see the team being 3-7 at that junction of the season. 8-9 is the best I think they will be able to muster with the schedule, the QB injury to Russ, the worst defense in the league, the under performing Oline (as usual), the inept coaching staff, and the non active ownership that wont make changes although they need to happen.

sutz

Reaction score
Nope. I still believe they can pull off double digit wins. :179417: :0190l: :179422:

(If I didn't believe that, I don't think I could continue to watch ;))

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I believe. There are still 11 games left to play. Lots can happen.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
In the prediction thread I went with 9-8 and missing the playoffs. It looks like I was pumping too much sunshine at the time. I think it is over. Pete has hollowed out the team with his incompetence and this year we pay the price.

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":3j98oqot said:
Am I literally the only person who believes Seattle can turn this thing around? Better sound off now if you think Seattle has a chance because I'm going to take all the credit when it happens for being the one and only person who still believed...

LTH

I don't know how many people share your belief, but I'm not one of them. That doesn't mean that I'll stop watching or not root for us to win. But one has to be realistic and admit to themselves that this is not a very good football team and that our chances of turning this thing around are somewhere between slim and none.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is a very badly coached team right now. No amount of optimism is going to solve that problem. Add in the RW injury and you have a sub .500 team.

xray

Reaction score
Blind faith is an affliction that usually results in disappointment .

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm not worried. This happens every year, the Seahawks start off slow, this year more so because of a new Offensive Coordinator, then Pete gets it turned around.

And every year there's a couple of teams that start off getting busters, the entire NFL broadcast field jumps on their wagons, claiming that they are the best thing since "The Greatest Show on Turf," and proceed to induct the rosters of several teams in to the Pro Football Hall of Fame!

Then...REALITY his everyone in the face, opposing teams adjust, injuries happen, and the WORLD comes back to Earth.

Beginning of last year, everyone had the Cardinals in the Superbowl, and had Tom Brady forced in to retirement. :tardssmall: :nonodallas:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":1igre270 said:
Am I literally the only person who believes Seattle can turn this thing around?

You and Soulfish, I think that's it.

It's over bro. If we were in the NFC North or AFC South I'd say we could make a run against some terrible division opponents and see what happens for the wild card.

But we aren't.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
HawkFreak":16gl4kq0 said:
I guess it depends on what you mean by "turn things around".
Avoid a losing record?...Yes.
SB?...no way.
Playoffs?....possibly.
If playoffs then an early exit?...Most likely.

That being said - I have always been a pretty optimistic homer of a fan when it
comes to the Seahawks. No matter how frustrated I am with the team...I will always watch...and I will
always have a deep down feeling that somehow they are going to find a way to win right up until the last
second ticks off of the clock. Even when the odds have been stacked against them - and yes - even when
they look like a total dumpster fire.

Go Hawks!

:ditto: :irishdrinkers:

mistaowen

Reaction score
We've essentially backed ourselves into a corner now of only having a buffer of 1 or 2 losses the rest of the season for a shot. Cardinals and Rams look primed for playoffs, who knows about 49ers, and that's just our division. Maybe they can back into a WC spot if Russ gets hot and the defense becomes remotely average. These next 2 games are huge for determining where this season goes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I literally didn't say a word about them turning it around.
Get over yourself Largent. This is an average team that MIGHT get a wild card birth.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm going to say the season is over. Cards are playing hot, Rams are playing pretty well, we're down Wilson for the next 2 weeks at LEAST, and we still have Carroll and KNJ on the coaching staff. We might be lucky to squeeze into a wild card round, but it's going to take a lot of luck and we'd have to play a full 4 quarters of great game for pretty much most of the season and I just don't see that happening. Even with Wilson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":f4opzgl9 said:
I literally didn't say a word about them turning it around.
Get over yourself Largent. This is an average team that MIGHT get a wild card birth.

I was giving you credit for being the eternal optimist.

My bad, I won't make that mistake again. I now amend my statement and put Soulfish down as a "maybe" wildcard and all around .Net hyperbole expert.