Poll

Would you trade Wilson to the Giants for Daniel Jones and 6 first rounders?

• Yes

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Would you trade Wilson to the Giants for Daniel Jones and 6 first rounders? There's speculation that the Giants are coming after Wilson in the offseason. If there's any truth to that what would it take to convince you we need to move on and start from scratch? Hopefully it's not our stellar defense lol

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Daniel Jones? Barf. Now the 6 first rounders has my attention.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yes. Not even a slight question in my mind.

It's not happening and no team would pay literally 6 first rounders for that to happen, but it's an EASY yes. 6 first rounders is outside the realm of feasibility.

Chapow

Reaction score
I mean, the premise is bat shit insane absurd because no team is giving up 6 first rounders for anything, but sure, I'd trade Russ for 6 first round picks. They can keep Jones though. Haha.

LTH

Reaction score
That could turn out to be the biggest trade bust in NFL history... if you just look at the average life span of a QB... what happens if Wilson gets hurt? Not sure where the OP got that info from but I highly doubt it...

LTH

Chapow

Reaction score
It's probably also worth noting that while 6 first round draft picks sounds amazing, picks that are 4-5-6 years down the road aren't going to do this team much good for at least half a decade.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Chapow":3fpe82te said:
It's probably also worth noting that while 6 first round draft picks sounds amazing, picks that are 4-5-6 years down the road aren't going to do this team much good for at least half a decade.
Unless a team has a multiple first rounders. That way we can afford a good defense and offensive line. We're stuck with Adams we might as well build around him defensively and see what free agency brings us if it's a true rebuild. Bring in a brand new DC if Pete wants act as the figure head so be it but he needs help.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sorry, this is a bad hypothetical because even the Chiefs would trade Mahomes for 6 first round picks. No one is trading 6 first round picks for anyone.

6 years is probably the extent of any GM's contract and unless that player was Wolverine and guaranteed to never get hurt and/or did not need a Line or any other player involved to be successful. You would basically guarantee as a GM your job being terminated by destroying your teams future by a trade like that (giving up 6 first round picks). That being said the Jamal Adams trade wasn't too far behind a trade like that...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chapow":1ibqlrlv said:

I disagree. That injection of talent can ramp up a team real quick, especially considering Seattle has its native firsts from 2023 on.

Ammo to get a replacement at QB as well.

John63

Reaction score
OKay if you are going to put up a poll make it semi-realistic. I don't care who the QB is you don't trade a young good QB and 6 first rounders for anyone in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams kind of almost did that for Bradford .............................

IronSaint

Reaction score
6 first rounders is certainly enough to perk any Seahawks fans' ears, but doesn't Wilson have a full no trade clause in his most recent deal? I'm pretty sure he would nix that potential trade.

Why would a player not only go from one team with a patchwork OL to another team with a patchwork OL, but go to a team with a patchwork OL AND the lack of high picks that could be used to draft quality OL early in the draft? Sure, it's New York City, but is it worth it for him to go get his *** kicked behind their OL when he can just stay in Seattle and do the same without having to move across country and learn another system?

Not sure what the Seahawks would be asking for Wilson's services but with that clause, Wilson holds all the cards as to what the Seahawks will get in that trade, not Schneider. If I was Wilson, I'd rather go to the team interested in me with the best OL.

With that said, we have a potential opening at QB next offseason and a mighty nice OL to boot. :lol: :stirthepot:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
IronSaint":383p7c91 said:
6 first rounders is certainly enough to perk any Seahawks fans' ears, but doesn't Wilson have a full no trade clause in his most recent deal? I'm pretty sure he would nix that potential trade.

Why would a player not only go from one team with a patchwork OL to another team with a patchwork OL, but go to a team with a patchwork OL AND the lack of high picks that could be used to draft quality OL early in the draft? Sure, it's New York City, but is it worth it for him to go get his *** kicked behind their OL when he can just stay in Seattle and do the same without having to move across country and learn another system?

Not sure what the Seahawks would be asking for Wilson's services but with that clause, Wilson holds all the cards as to what the Seahawks will get in that trade, not Schneider. If I was Wilson, I'd rather go to the team interested in me with the best OL.

With that said, we have a potential opening at QB next offseason and a mighty nice OL to boot. :lol: :stirthepot:

Saints would be the first team I'd call. Makes sense for everyone.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2wiqawpp said:
IronSaint":2wiqawpp said:

If RW gets traded I would LOVE to see him with Payton on the Saints.

John63

Reaction score
iigakusei":28i4ivxd said:
Maelstrom787":28i4ivxd said:
IronSaint":28i4ivxd said:

If RW gets traded I would LOVE to see him with Payton on the Saints.

I agree that said no team is giving up 6 1st rounders for anyone currently in or was ever in the NFL.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
In a heartbeat. But everyone knows that 6 first round picks will never happen. I would do it for 3 firsts and 3 players though. Isn't that what Houston is asking for Watson?

Fade

Reaction score
You can only trade draft picks up to 3 years out. So unless the Giants acquire some other team's 1st rounders the most they can offer is 3.

The Dolphins can offer 5. Their 3 + 2 via the Niners.

Pete Carroll doesn't know how to use 1st round picks, so… no. A different regime, yes.

This team cannot rebuild properly until Pete Carroll is gone. No matter what creative moves you can think of, it will not fix this. The team is stuck in purgatory until Pete Carroll is gone.

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175800

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Fade":nyacian3 said:
You can only trade draft picks up to 3 years out. So unless the Giants acquire some other team's 1st rounders the most they can offer is 3.

The Dolphins can offer 5. Their 3 + 2 via the Niners.

Pete Carroll doesn't know how to use 1st round picks, so… no. A different regime, yes.

This team cannot rebuild properly until Pete Carroll is gone. No matter what creative moves you can think of, it will not fix this. The team is stuck in purgatory until Pete Carroll is gone.

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175800

4 1st rounders is possible on draft day if I'm not mistaken. The 1st on that day, and 3 more years after that. But I do agree, Miami would probably be the go-to team that could pull off the haul that it'd take for Wilson. Ciara would probably be on board for Miami but Idk about Russ, considering his clause.