Who do we trade

chris98251

Reaction score
So we want to rebuild quickly but have no high picks, only way is to give up players for picks but who has value to the league, not just to us fans.

List the players and reasonable compensation we think we could get.

Go

iigakusei

Reaction score
Quandre Diggs is the only player I can think of who fits the bill of expiring contract, still good player.
Maybe get a 5th round pick back?
If you are talking about getting high picks back - the only player with real Grade A value is DK Metcalf (besides Wilson of course).
The Jamal Adams trade is really going to cripple this franchise.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":dedk8xy7 said:
So we want to rebuild quickly but have no high picks, only way is to give up players for picks but who has value to the league, not just to us fans.

Go

So the biggest problem is no matter how many picks we get they will trade them down for 3-6 and our draft record dof late sucks

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Taylor - He is up and coming, cheap and is now getting attention, could be a 1st rounder, edge guys are not easily found.
Wilson - We know at least 3 1sts
Diggs - 4th or 5th safeties are all over the place now.
Metcalf - 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd and a 4th
Lockett - Probably a 3rd
Brown - 1st rounder if a needy team wants him, off season, 3rd and 5th probably.
Honorable mentions : Blair, Neal, Amadi, Reid, would like to keep them since they perform mostly and are cheap and young.

Depending on teams and how they are set up for a run and injuries, Wilson is the only one I think would need to be off season if it happened unless it was to a similar offense or one he knew mostly.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't want to rebuild with Pete Carroll plus he's on the wrong side of 70, I don't think he has it in him to blow it up and start over. I'm not necessarily sure we need to blow everything up either. I think just a change in perspective and a few seasons re-tooling could be all we need.

Personally I think Doug Pederson could come here and emulate what he did with the Eagles.

On offense we have the potential to be really potent, I think we just need some fine tuning here. The line is where I would focus here. Find a replacement for Brown, he's starting to look his age. Move Jackson back to LG and Lewis back to RG, Shell is serviceable. Get rid of Penny and Carson, I love Carson but he has proven that he is extremely unreliable. This season he doesn't look so good either. Roll with Collins and draft/sign RBs. Once we do that I think we have the weapons on offense to be scary. Get the TE's involved more and roll with Pederson's offensive system with Wilson under center.

On defense we need a lot more work to be viable here. We're running with a barebones crew. I think Wagner still has a few years left in him if we get a decent D-Line in front of him. On the D-Line our only players of note thus far this season are Poona Ford and Taylor. In the secondary Diggs and Jamal Adams could be good under the right scheme in my opinion. The D-Line and Corner positions need some love -- in fact I'd say CB is our biggest need.

If we get a serviceable CB, an upgrade at center, a future LT, and some guys that fit our system at D-Line we could have a top 15 defense and a scary offense. I just don't think Carroll is capable of re-tooling our team. I think we desperately need a change in prospective.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":29qdbn9d said:
Taylor - He is up and coming, cheap and is now getting attention, could be a 1st rounder, edge guys are not easily found.
Lockett - Probably a 3rd
Brown - 1st rounder if a needy team wants him, off season, 3rd and 5th probably.
Honorable mentions : Blair, Neal, Amadi, Reid, would like to keep them since they perform mostly and are cheap and young.

Depending on teams and how they are set up for a run and injuries, Wilson is the only one I think would need to be off season if it happened unless it was to a similar offense or one he knew mostly.

I'm assuming you are talking about Duane Brown. A team would have to be mighty desperate to trade 1st round pick for Brown currently. He's not playing at a Pro Bowl level right now ( Highsmith and Watt owned him on Sunday) and he's much older. Andrew Whitworth is still playing for the Rams so there's that but he wouldn't go for 1st round pick either.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3coqvni6 said:
chris98251":3coqvni6 said:
Lockett - Probably a 3rd

I'm assuming you are talking about Duane Brown. A team would have to be mighty desperate to trade 1st round pick for Brown currently. He's not playing at a Pro Bowl level right now ( Highsmith and Watt owned him on Sunday) and he's much older. Andrew Whitworth is still playing for the Rams so there's that but he wouldn't go for 1st round pick either.

I said this year for a team trying to make a run and loses a tackle, off season his value drops due to need and his age.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":goy53qis said:
hawkfan68":goy53qis said:
chris98251":goy53qis said:
Lockett - Probably a 3rd

I said this year for a team trying to make a run and loses a tackle, off season his value drops due to need and his age.

Only the Seahawks would be desperate enough to trade an 1st round pick for an aging LT who hasn't played very well thus far this season.

I checked to see where he lands on PFF (I don't really like their grading as it's so subjective). He's not even on page 1 for grades. I'm assuming they rank players by their grades - https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/t.

So I'm talking about this year too. No one is going to part with a 1st rounder for Brown. Maybe a 3rd at best.

nutluck

Reaction score
I will say you don't need first round picks to build a contender. All you need to do is draft well with the picks you have and bring in key vets to fill in holes. So if the hawks could unload a few players for several 2-4th round picks they could pretty quickly build a decent team, if they draft well of course.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":36ic00ep said:

Go

If you fire Pete, What’s left or Adams value and b wags (sadly), diggs

If you don’t fire Pete, RW, DK, Lockett.

What I want? Fire Pete, trade RW, DK, adams and rebuild from there with b wagz and Lockett as leadership.

Boycie

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3p3sgbzv said:
I don't want to rebuild with Pete Carroll plus he's on the wrong side of 70, I don't think he has it in him to blow it up and start over. I'm not necessarily sure we need to blow everything up either. I think just a change in perspective and a few seasons re-tooling could be all we need.

Personally I think Doug Pederson could come here and emulate what he did with the Eagles.

On offense we have the potential to be really potent, I think we just need some fine tuning here. The line is where I would focus here. Find a replacement for Brown, he's starting to look his age. Move Jackson back to LG and Lewis back to RG, Shell is serviceable. Get rid of Penny and Carson, I love Carson but he has proven that he is extremely unreliable. This season he doesn't look so good either. Roll with Collins and draft/sign RBs. Once we do that I think we have the weapons on offense to be scary. Get the TE's involved more and roll with Pederson's offensive system with Wilson under center.

On defense we need a lot more work to be viable here. We're running with a barebones crew. I think Wagner still has a few years left in him if we get a decent D-Line in front of him. On the D-Line our only players of note thus far this season are Poona Ford and Taylor. In the secondary Diggs and Jamal Adams could be good under the right scheme in my opinion. The D-Line and Corner positions need some love -- in fact I'd say CB is our biggest need.

If we get a serviceable CB, an upgrade at center, a future LT, and some guys that fit our system at D-Line we could have a top 15 defense and a scary offense. I just don't think Carroll is capable of re-tooling our team. I think we desperately need a change in prospective.

If the brain trust at Vulcan cannot see this, then this team is not going to get anywhere, and this is what scares me. Jody took over her brother's business, but she doesn't have the connection to the team that Paul did. Someone needs to get through to her to make her see Paul's passion, and the fact that he would not accept what is going on with his team. She needs to know that this team means too much to city just like Paul did.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
nutluck":evzaevai said:
I will say you don't need first round picks to build a contender. All you need to do is draft well with the picks you have and bring in key vets to fill in holes. So if the hawks could unload a few players for several 2-4th round picks they could pretty quickly build a decent team, if they draft well of course.

You don't NEED them, but the odds are pretty significantly against you.

UNLESS - those firsts are traded for players who hit and hit big, like Jalen Ramsey for instance.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to limit it to a handful of players. You gotta consider players that coaches wanted in the past drafts that might not be making a splash on this team but they might make a splash on a different team. Like Marshawn Lynch. And by no means am I trying to compare Lynch to anyone on this roster, but just making a point. I think if we advertised a fire sale, we'd be surprised at how many trades we'd get offered for more than just the popular players on the team.

Also, trading players for other players is a factor too, we're not only limited to getting picks.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":20w5mvgg said:
If the brain trust at Vulcan cannot see this, then this team is not going to get anywhere, and this is what scares me. Jody took over her brother's business, but she doesn't have the connection to the team that Paul did. Someone needs to get through to her to make her see Paul's passion, and the fact that he would not accept what is going on with his team. She needs to know that this team means too much to city just like Paul did.

Cinerama meant a lot to the city too...

nutluck

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2s7b0y3j said:
nutluck":2s7b0y3j said:

You don't NEED them, but the odds are pretty significantly against you.

UNLESS - those firsts are traded for players who hit and hit big, like Jalen Ramsey for instance.

Yes it helps but since you brought up Ramsey lets look at the Rams as that is a good example. In 2015 they drafted Gurely and he is no longer in the NFL let alone on the Rams, so wasted 1st round pick. Next was Goff, which you could argue was used as part of the Stafford trade but not sure he brought anything in trade value, so waste of 3 1st rounders, 1 for him and the 2 1st to trade up and acquire him, plus a 2nd and 3rd that year. The next first trade for Cooks, who is not on the team and they only got 2nd back after sending a 4th with him, The next 1st was used to trade down a lot and draft Rapp late in the 2nd and pick up a lot of picks in the 2-4th rounds. then the next two 1st was used on Ramsey which I agree was worth it.

So in short since 2015 the Rams have either trade away picks or drafted players they no longer have with 1st rounders and have very little to nothing to show for all those first rounders other than Ramsey and the one year they trade down to get extra picks. They did get Stafford for Goff and a 2 more 1st, so you could add him but if you think about what they gave up for Goff basically the gave up 5 1st for Stafford, plus the 2nd and 3rd the year of Goff's selection.

Anyways my point is you can build a playoff contender by just drafting well in the 2-4th and bringing in key vets to fill holes and build a contender pretty fast. It does mean drafting well and make good FA signings and trading for the right Vets. Which is something the Seahawks use to be good at at one point.

Now the question is can the Seahawks do the same today, with this FO? That is a big question, but it can be done.

I am only pointing out with smart choices it doesn't take long to rebuild quickly even if you don't have firsts or get value out of 1st round picks.

Hendo66

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":3vxa4zrg said:
i dont see us trading away anything significant.

Sadly,I think you’re right. They need to attempt to trade all the dead weight and contracts that are coming up.
Get as many 2 - 5 rounders as possible and fix this roster. Go young and stop throwing away the future of this franchise.
Write off this season. Get Wilson on board with new GM & Staff….
Pete & JS have this thing stuck in reverse.