Question for AROS or anyone else

LTH

Reaction score
From your perspective what differences did you see in the Seahawks D vs the Steelers compared to the Rams?

What adjustments did the Seahawks make? and How did those adjustments improve or take away from what Norton was trying to accomplish?

EDIT: Please if anyone else has thoughts on the subject please contribute?

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":1l0bci4j said:
From your perspective what differences did you see in the Seahawks D vs the Steelers compared to the Rams?

What adjustments did the Seahawks make? and How did those adjustments improve or take away from what Norton was trying to accomplish?

LTH

Hey Pete, you can PM your question

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":142tzzbm said:
LTH":142tzzbm said:

LTH

If you know and you havea good answer to the question please chime in? and thats Mr Carroll to you LMAO!!!!

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
LTH":pmfphany said:

EDIT: Please if anyone else has thoughts on the subject please contribute?

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":1xydxhz7 said:
ZagHawk":1xydxhz7 said:
LTH":1xydxhz7 said:

LTH

If you know and you havea good answer to the question please chime in? and thats Mr Carroll to you LMAO!!!!

LTH

Pete, adding LMAO at the end of every response is just your subtle way to convince yourself you're right. LMAO so funny this guy is insane and so is the rest of the world. I'm the only one who can see things the way they are. LMAO!!!

Do you still have an ass anymore? must be hard to keep track of given how often it falls off.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3le1a8wt said:
LTH":3le1a8wt said:
ZagHawk":3le1a8wt said:
LTH":3le1a8wt said:

LTH

LTH

Pete, adding LMAO at the end of every response is just your subtle way to convince yourself you're right. LMAO so funny this guy is insane and so is the rest of the world. I'm the only one who can see things the way they are. LMAO!!!

I hope you wear black shirts given the amount of time you spend rolling on the floor.

Im trying to find a decent conversation... it's not about being right or wrong but when you bombard posts with the same crap you take away from the point of as conversation and it gets lost in a narrative that is worn out.. how many times do we need to talk about if Pete gets fired or not how many times do we need to talk about why the Seahawks suck...

do you even know what D the Seahawks played against the steelers and why... No you have no friggin idea you have nothing to add other than mindless drivil go away troll... or contribute to the point of the conversation but don't kill it because your not smart enough to contribute..

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You're not having decent convos with anyone. You start threads and the second anyone disagrees with you even with thoughtful input. Your automatic response is: You're a terrible fan, you don't understand PC's history and scheme and of course:

5r76s9

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I'm not going to defend my self against irrationality and pointless behavior...

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":1x1x5bpa said:
I'm not going to defend my self against irrationality and pointless behavior...

LTH

I bet you get frustrated that you find yourself in this situation all the time...almost as if there's a common denominator.

John63

Reaction score
Very simple

Rams 6th ranked scoring offense, 8th ranked yardage offense

Steelers 25th ranked scoring offense and 25th ranked yardage offense

The difference going from playing a top 10 offense to the bottom 10

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Right off the bat the Seahawks were trying to play Jamal Adams closer to the LOS. We were also crunching up closer to the LOS. Tre Brown played notably better than Jones and Flowers.

I suspect we played the Steelers this way because of Ben Roethlisberger. He no longer is able to push the ball down the field, and really this was probably the biggest factor in the Seahawks pass defense improvement and scheme shift. Ben Roethlisberger now has an arm that would make post injury Chad Pennington look like a cannon. His accuracy is gone and he can't drive the ball into tight spaces anymore. His timing also looks off -- I assume because he is used to being able to throw the football with more umph. It is also worth noting that the Steelers top weapon was out.

I'm curious to see how we decide to play Jameis Winston. If I were the Seahawks I'd try to dare him to throw deep, as he gets careless with the football.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":299jmj5i said:
Very simple

I saw more than that... I think its interesting that the Hawks not only played a dime D but at some points they played 7 DB's... almost like they were daring the Steelers to run against them, in which they tried and had limited success still went over 100 yards but it was manageable... They put Neil in at saftey and played JA as a Linebacker which is the right thing to do because that is JA strength rushing the passer... Now JA was not as effective against the Steelers but... is that because big ben used that quick passing game and got the ball out really quickly? I think so all in all I saw improvement... yeah they are not as good as the Rams but then it really doesn't matter at this point because its just about building momentum and small victory's which lead to large victory's

Interesting to see what the saints do against this D... will Seattle play the same dime D? how will they adjust to the saints? How will the saints O attack the Seahawks D? will they go to the run game against a dime D? All great questions...

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
Schematically, the Hawks played their corners up more aggressively because they didn't have to fear Big Ben's noodle arm and banged up WR core. (They were missing JuJu.)

That goes out the window this week as Winston can really sling it, and will burn you deep. So expect the Seahawks to go back to soft coverage, giving up cheap stuff underneath in fear of being beat over the top. The check down and screen game NO runs is one of the best in the league.

You're about to see it look oddly familiar to how it's been going once again.

Have to hope for a Jameis meltdown. Which he is about due for.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":2eb9q0wz said:
Schematically, the Hawks played their corners up more aggressively because they didn't have to fear Big Ben's noodle arm and banged up WR core. (They were missing JuJu.)

That goes out the window this week as Winston can really sling it, and will burn you deep. So expect the Seahawks to go back to soft coverage, giving up cheap stuff underneath in fear of being beat over the top. The check down and screen game NO runs is one of the best in the league.

maybe... i just wonder exactly how much the corner play will be improved with Tre Brown? i guess i dont even know if they will start him... but thats two small corners against bigger receivers...i don't know what adjustments the hawks are going to make... do they stay in that dime? and blitz to get pressure on winston? or do they drop back into coverage like they did against the rams...

BTW what is the D called when they have 7 DB's?

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
John63":9kvzinfi said:
Very simple

This is the answer. Trying to make into anything different is just silly.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fade":1xvojm6k said:

LTH this is pretty much my take. And I am honored you called me out specifically because I think my opinion on the topic is no more relevant than the next guy or gal.

John63 has a valid point. The Rams O ranks in the upper echelon of the league where the Steelers O is at the bottom so it's not really a fair analysis. The Saints will definitely provide more of a challenge generally but if Winston can get the best of us at home? Then it may be time to just admit the season is a wash.

I LOVE Tre Brown and his potential! He looks like the real deal, admittely a massive small sample size, but still.

I have this weird feeling this week that we are going to beat the Saints, and beat the Jags next weekend. We shall soon see.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":co0gkj4e said:
Fade":co0gkj4e said:

maybe... i just wonder exactly how much the corner play will be improved with Tre Brown? i guess i dont even know if they will start him... but thats two small corners against bigger receivers...i don't know what adjustments the hawks are going to make... do they stay in that dime? and blitz to get pressure on winston? or do they drop back into coverage like they did against the rams...

BTW what is the D called when they have 7 DB's?

LTH

We started it against Chicago some years back in Petes first or second year. We only had one healthy LB for the game and no TE's if I remember correctly.

Bandit Package is what it was called.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2uw76cwi said:
John63":2uw76cwi said:
Very simple

This is the answer. Trying to make into anything different is just silly.

Maybe if all you look at is numbers and charts. The improvement in communication in the secondary and between the safeties and lb'ers is blatantly obvious. The gaps in zones are smaller. The recognition of screens is better. And the most obvious improvement, not only in recognition, but skill, is the arrival of t brown at corner.

The bad... some of our substitutions or lackthereof are mind-boggling. That's on Norton 100%

Our use of Jamal in pressure packages is obvious and results in presnap adjustments by the offense that usually minimize his effectiveness.

Our Dline still isn't generating enough pressure. Dunlap is getting doubled, but I'm also wondering if his foot problem is keeping him from playing at the level we saw last year.

As the communication continues to improve, I'm hoping we start to see the guys on the backend work more toward attacking the ball than just trying to get themselves set correctly and assignments identified. Would be great if we could grab some ints against jameis.

Jville

Reaction score
On the subject of the bandit package, perhaps this link will be of assistance >>> [urltargetblank]https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175857[/urltargetblank]