IF we go into rebuild mode (hypothetical immediate moves)

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Colts just lost their safety for the year. Maybe recoup some picks for Adams though those picks would be wasted under the current management.

Any other hypothetical moves? Wilson to New Orleans? Others?

getnasty

Reaction score
Trade Wilson for Watson and 2 first round picks.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't have a lot of options. Our only 2 players worth a damn are DK and Wilson. Why trade them and make the mistakes in the past worse? The only thing we can do is cut some really high priced players.

We only have a few pieces worth anything. Tyler would be our most valuable on the market, but it would hurt us more than help to trade him because of his cap hit.

I placed this in another thread but it would be applicable to here.......

We cut dead weight in 22 and spend the money directly in the trenches. The only problem is we only have 31 players under contract in 22.

We are doomed by the JA trade and contract. We have to wait until 2024 to get rid of JA. He is a horrible dead cap hit until then.

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 3 YR, $46,440,000; $8,000,000 DEAD CAP

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... ams-21747/

Only Bobby gives us any money to cut. 16 mil

We get 1 mil for LJ. He's a sunk cost.

3 mil for Gabe Jackson. Costs 6 mil

Cannot even trade locket without a 18mil cap hit.

Released Bobby Wagner
(Saved: $16,600,000)
Released Benson Mayowa
(Saved: $1,510,000)
Released L.J. Collier
(Saved: $986,322)
Released Carlos Dunlap
(Saved: $900,000)
Released Gabe Jackson
(Saved: $3,000,000)
Released Ethan Pocic
(Saved: $0)
Restructured Russell Wilson
(Saved: $11,920,000)

CAP TOTALS
Total Available Cap:
$220,859,307
Total Team Cap $:
$130,772,581
Cap Space:
$90,086,726
Total Savings:
$34,916,322

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roste ... awks/2022/

By not going out and getting a quality LG and any pass rush or quality DT we pretty much spent too much money in low impact positions.

Cap Space:
$90,086,726 With only 31 players on the roster.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roste ... 1c81438d5/

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Rebuilding with the guy that decimated the roster and made the bad decisions that got you there?

Ok.

Trading Wilson makes no sense, but yes, if you have to - trade for Watson if you think that the winning is worth the PR issue. If you think this was a shakedown or can find these women on 'massage & more' sites, so you can show there was this expectation - have at it. But it seems long odds.

You have a good QB. You have an aging ineffective coach and GM. The decision seems pretty obvious but the wrong decision was already made.

You have to wait until the current GM/Coach is gone or the whole thing will have to be ripped out anyway. Rebuilding needs to happen, but it cannot until Carroll stops whatever he is doing to this team.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ww2iz4ag said:
Rebuilding needs to happen, but it cannot until Carroll stops whatever he is doing to this team.

This. You have to start there.

massari

Reaction score
Metcalf for two 1sts
Adams for a 1st
Wagner for 3rd
Poona for 3rd
Diggs for mid rd pick
Collier for Clelin Ferrell

Load up on DL, DB and LB in free agency and draft

ZagHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":19z004wf said:

We just going to ignore Watson has 20 different people accusing him of pretty bad stuff? I mean it's possible he can be cleared, but it's not looking great. Plus it also makes a franchise look pretty horrendous picking up a dude with that kind of baggage following him. Players with DUI issues are one thing, because I feel like the majority of adults will admit they may have gotten behind the wheel when they shouldn't have (although repeat offenders I personally have less willingness to give third/fourth chances to).

However, allegations of sexual assault hits a lot of people very personally. I'm pretty sure 80% of males (because we no doubt have a large percentage of scum bags) are not okay with that and probably 99.99999999% of females and/or non-binary are fully against that as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":3q7i62v9 said:

1. Houston would not trade two 1sts AND Watson. It'd have to be straight up, or maybe one 1st or 2nd.

2. Russell would have to waive his no trade, and NO WAY IN HELL he'd voluntarily go to a dumpster fire of an organization like Houston. Team's terrible, ownership's terrible.

You'd have to trade Wilson to one of his approved teams, and then turn around and trade for Watson......and honestly, that's not a bad idea to inquire into. Even if you lose Watson for half a year with a suspension, might be worth it in a year or two if you're doing a complete rebuild.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If we're rebuilding without Pete, I don't think you need to blow it up quite that bad because there is talent on the field to make this into a non-Pete desired team. Get rid of KNJ for sure. I honestly would get rid of Carson too, need a RB with a bit more consistency starting games. With Carson, I would relate it to having a ferrari that only works 80% of the time or choosing to drive my Corolla that works 95% of the time as my daily driver to work. Sure getting there faster can be impressive to the boss, may even get me a raise if I'm seen as a good team player who's always early, but then again not showing up and being late can back fire as well vs having something consistent I can work with. I know injuries are freak things, but there does seem to be a pattern with people who get injured often. Perhaps they just try too hard after every injury and never let their body fully get to 100% or they have some weird body mechanic or lack of limberness that makes them more likely to get injured during a hit.

If we're rebuilding with Pete, then yes, pretty much trade anything that has to do with a passing game (Lockett and Metcalf), any O-Linemen who are good at Pass blocking but not at run blocking, get rid of Adams because he doesn't fit Pete's scheme for whatever you can get for him, keep Bobby as veteran leadership. And then re-start over and build what Pete wants/needs...if we're stuck with Pete.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I agree with those that say any rebuild small or big with PC still a Seahawk is futile.

Add more draft picks? He will piss them away. Have extra cap space (like right now) sign quantity over quality and overpay no tread veterans and set all of them up for failure because of a crap system.

Jville

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1mxta85o said:
Colts just lost their safety for the year. Maybe recoup some picks for Adams though those picks would be wasted under the current management.

Any other hypothetical moves? Wilson to New Orleans? Others?

Hypothetically speaking ......... what happens if Mount Rainier blows?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Move the team to Salt Lake.
Field Gulls would be as appropriate.

flv

Reaction score
Lockett could be traded if you really wanted to do that. He's due $16M next year which is fully guaranteed. Moving him would accelerate $11.4M of dead money. It wouldn't be an immediate increase of $4.6M in cap space because the Seahawks are only scheduling to account for $6.25M of Lockett's 2022 money - thus it would show as a loss in 2022 and a gain in 2023. However the cap implications should be looked at over 2-3 year's rather than a 1 year time frame. Personally I think Lockett is worth more to the Seahawks than he is to another team so for me trade talk would be moot.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Throwdown":3m2yft16 said:
Fade":3m2yft16 said:
NEWSFLASH! They cannot rebuild properly until Pete Carroll is gone.
https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175800

You’re also ignoring the horrible drafting and handling of the d line for years now by the current GM. He’s gotta go too

Does he, though? You're talking as if JS is in any control of that when it's PC that's at the helm of everything. If PC doesn't like JS' drafting and handling of something, PC won't allow it. I think JS' hands are tied for the most part because he doesn't have the authority that a normal GM would have.

Latest posts