Damien Lewis

Reaction score
Tuff year so far for Mr. Lewis. His rookie year was great couldn't ask for much more. What I dont understand is with him struggling why dont we move him back to right guard. Kick Jackson back to Left guard because the guy can play both and is a veteran.
Lewis had a great rookie campaign put him back to rg where it is familiar territory for him. Heck I wouldnt even be disappointed in him trying center like he did for one game last year. Maybe I dont have all the info on him or the other players on the line. But If Pete wants to Play Pete ball we need to strengthen our line a little bit. Just some thoughts I was thinking about. Brown to me is definitely showing his age this year. Are they trying to groom Lewis to get him use to playing on the left side. I really dont know why they keep playing him at left guard where he continues to struggle. Imo they should kick him back over to right guard before you ruin the kids confidence. Thoughts?

Fade

Reaction score
It is amazing isn't it. The team finally finds a stud rookie O-Lineman who plays well and is good at run blocking no less. And they screw it and move him to LG where pass blocking is more necessary. And… he is playing worse, and now is hurt. Kinda makes ya think. :idea:

Jville

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":1hqtinas said:
Tuff year so far for Mr. Lewis. His rookie year was great couldn't ask for much more. What I dont understand is with him struggling why dont we move him back to right guard. Kick Jackson back to Left guard because the guy can play both and is a veteran.
Lewis had a great rookie campaign put him back to rg where it is familiar territory for him. Heck I wouldnt even be disappointed in him trying center like he did for one game last year. Maybe I dont have all the info on him or the other players on the line. But If Pete wants to Play Pete ball we need to strengthen our line a little bit. Just some thoughts I was thinking about. Brown to me is definitely showing his age this year. Are they trying to groom Lewis to get him use to playing on the left side. I really dont know why they keep playing him at left guard where he continues to struggle. Imo they should kick him back over to right guard before you ruin the kids confidence. Thoughts?

I thought Damien Lewis had an excellent game up until his shoulder injury. For the most part, I thought he neutralized a proven veteran man handler while he was in there. Jamarco Jones didn't fair as well IMO. Settling on an improving starting left guard in support of much needed continuity as the starting left tackle ages makes a lot of sense.

Mike Solari is likely our best source for addressing the state of the offensive line. I like how our offensive line is benefiting from his 35 years of experience.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm holding judgment.. for now. He's always struggled in pass protection and needs to continue growing. Jackson was a good addition and he hasn't played the left side in a long while.

Dame improved as the year went on last year. Probably best to move him now and let him grow.

OP
OP
thegreeninyoureye
Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3q6kp7xj said:
I'm holding judgment.. for now. He's always struggled in pass protection and needs to continue growing. Jackson was a good addition and he hasn't played the left side in a long while.

Dame improved as the year went on last year. Probably best to move him now and let him grow.

I hear you Brother. I just think compared to last year He is having a down year hopefully he continues to grow.