Trade Pete?

LTH

Reaction score
Jon Gruden was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002.. So it is possible to trade a coach only he has to be willing to be traded.. did you know Mike Holmgren was traded to the Seahawks?

What kind of draft capitol could the Seahawks get for Carroll?

5 coaches that were traded in the NFL
https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2015/12/ ... en_tr.html

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
Gruden was 38 when he was traded. Herm Edwards was 47 and Bill Belichick was 48.

Pete is 70. My guess of what we could get would be "not much".

nanomoz

Reaction score
^Ya. I'd take three good dick jokes and a bottle of Herradura reposado.^

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
it would be a killer question to ask John S. LOL being they say they look at everything... LOL

LTH

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LTH":3497td2a said:
it would be a killer question to ask John S. LOL being they say they look at everything... LOL

LTH
Except for the fact that John Schneider is below Pete Carroll on the power hierarchy. Carroll would essentially have to trade himself for this insane scenario to work.

nutluck

Reaction score
With how the hawks are playing lately you would likely have to give a team picks to take him and his salary.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1b8m97u2 said:
LTH":1b8m97u2 said:

LTH
Except for the fact that John Schneider is below Pete Carroll on the power hierarchy. Carroll would essentially have to trade himself for this insane scenario to work.

The Seahawks will never trade Carroll this post was meant to be a fun hypothetical

lth

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rat":2wl0p286 said:
Gruden was 38 when he was traded. Herm Edwards was 47 and Bill Belichick was 48.

Pete is 70. My guess of what we could get would be "not much".
Pete has the energy of a 25 year old. So that’s gotta be worth something?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
He has a 5 year contract with the Hawks... I have a hard time believing that a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in MANY years such as Detroit would not be interested in him... look at the average time a coach is with a team not sure what that is but i would think its less than 5 years...

I would think he would be worth a solid 1st round pick,,, Now from Petes perspective it probably would not be a dealo he would be interested in...

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
LTH":1u73qqs5 said:
He has a 5 year contract with the Hawks... I have a hard time believing that a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in MANY years such as Detroit would not be interested in him... look at the average time a coach is with a team not sure what that is but i would think its less than 5 years...

I would think he would be worth a solid 1st round pick,,, Now from Petes perspective it probably would not be a dealo he would be interested in...

Detroit is in a complete rebuild, no way they'd trade for a 70 year old coach. If any team would be interested, it'd be one on the cusp of playoff contention. Maybe a team like the Bears.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Absolutely.

If we could trade a couple of draft picks to get rid of Pete, or even some valuable players - I would do it in a heartbeat.

They could pretty much take any player not named Wilson, and I would gladly do the deal. At almost any cost.

Throw in some draft picks and good players, trade them all if the other team takes Pete.

toffee

Reaction score
Call the Chief, swap HC. But wait, defense under Pete sucked, offense under Andy just scored 3 points

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Rat

Reaction score
toffee":28hxj6um said:
Call the Chief, swap HC. But wait, defense under Pete sucked, offense under Andy just scored 3 points

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Kansas City is having the same problem we did: rookie contracts ran out and they suddenly had to start paying their good players, and they drafted poorly in the meantime.