We are back to running 3rd downs short of the marker BEVELL?

Tokadub

Reaction score
Shane Waldron is not good, we run so many 3rd down plays where we go to a reciever with no chance to get the 1st down...

Shane Waldron is Bevell 2.0

I think Schotty was actually better by far from what I've seen so far... let's not forget we set multiple franchise records for points in a season, wide receiver with the most yards, wide receiver with the most receptions... and we were the best Offense for half the season...

Now we just suck???

John63

Reaction score
Tokadub":2wxsxig4 said:
Shane Waldron is not good, we run so many 3rd down plays where we go to a reciever with no chance to get the 1st down...

Shane Waldron is Bevell 2.0

I think Schotty was actually better by far from what I've seen so far... let's not forget we set multiple franchise records for points in a season, wide receiver with the most yards, wide receiver with the most receptions... and we were the best Offense for half the season...

Now we just suck???

It has nothing to do with the OC or the Qb we have had 3 OCs and 4 Qbs, this has always been a problem. It is the HC and his risk-averse, conservative, protect the defensive mindset

sutz

Reaction score
That's as much on the receiver as the OC. Run the route, get past the sticks.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
sutz":34fi1z9j said:

I'm not sure... I know Bevell was stupid enough to run plays that were short of the 3rd down marker by design because it statistically happened over 100 times.

I guess so early in his first season we can give Shane Waldron the benefit of the doubt, but you are saying our receivers are bad?

We have at least 1 good receiver (in terms of ability + intelligence) with Tyler Lockett. They should be able to figure out how to pick up 1st downs instead of throwing too short?

sutz

Reaction score
Tokadub":2bamy3xm said:
sutz":2bamy3xm said:

I'm not sure... I know Bevell was stupid enough to run plays that were short of the 3rd down marker by design because it statistically happened over 100 times.

I guess so early in his first season we can give Shane Waldron the benefit of the doubt, but you are saying our receivers are bad?

We have at least 1 good receiver (in terms of ability + intelligence) with Tyler Lockett. They should be able to figure out how to pick up 1st downs instead of throwing too short?
I'm saying it happens less with Lockett than with the rookies, counting DK as a 2d year rookie. ;)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At this point, do you really believe it is the OC?

We have changed multiple times with the same result.

Pete is the problem and likely always has been.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Waldron was hired to appease Wilson

Pete is not letting Waldron do his thing