PC not giving this team a chance to win

eo620

Reaction score
4:30 into the game and DK has 84 yds receiving and has only 12 the rest of the night? Tyler has 12 on the night? I get that Geno is Geno, but my God; let him try to throw a little! It's not like Collins and Penny were doing anything! We have two of the deadliest receivers in the NFL and took them out of the game. Poor game plan by PC and Waldren. It's hard enough to beat NO at full strength, but with your all-Pro QB hurt and basically sidelining two of the top WR's in the NFL, it's a recipe for a L.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Agreed. I get that Geno isn't Russ. But what is wrong with letting him toss easy throws to these guys and letting them make plays after the catch? And don't forget about Everett. You have to do something to keep the defense honest.

John63

Reaction score
eo620":1ibgpx2a said:
4:30 into the game and DK has 84 yds receiving and has only 12 the rest of the night? Tyler has 12 on the night? I get that Geno is Geno, but my God; let him try to throw a little! It's not like Collins and Penny were doing anything! We have two of the deadliest receivers in the NFL and took them out of the game. Poor game plan by PC and Waldren. It's hard enough to beat NO at full strength, but with your all-Pro QB hurt and basically sidelining two of the top WR's in the NFL, it's a recipe for a L.

I would add if the defender does not fall down that TD might not be

Chapow

Reaction score
eo620":2wjr7z08 said:

You don't think we a had a chance to win last night?

We lost by 3 in a game in which our kicker missed 2 field goals and our D held the Saints to 13 points. Sure seems like we had a chance to win to me.

John63

Reaction score
Chapow":ctekbzv8 said:
eo620":ctekbzv8 said:

We lost by 3 in a game in which our kicker missed 2 field goals and our D held the Saints to 13 points. Sure seems like we had a chance to win to me.

No, because he did what he likes to do play conservative till he had no chance and then expected a backup to make magic. If you think PC did his job then you really did not watch the game, the number o runs into 9 man boxes where the defense knew what was coming.

Chapow

Reaction score
John63":2ws3uv42 said:
Chapow":2ws3uv42 said:
eo620":2ws3uv42 said:

No, because he did what he likes to do play conservative till he had no chance and then expected a backup to make magic. If you think PC did his job then you really did not watch the game, the number o runs into 9 man boxes where the defense knew what was coming.

I can assure you that I watched every single snap of the game last game, and yet I still disagree that we did not have a chance to win that game, because again, we lost by 3 in a game in which our kicker missed 2 field goals. In other words, if our kicker did his job, we win by 3 instead of losing by 3. So once again, it sure seemed like we had a chance to win to me.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2vp99637 said:
Chapow":2vp99637 said:
eo620":2vp99637 said:

No chance? Did you even watch the game? Absolutely hilarious.

Frustrating game, but to say Seattle wasn't in it until the end is just lying. Blatantly lying.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":m037itl0 said:
John63":m037itl0 said:
Chapow":m037itl0 said:
eo620":m037itl0 said:

No chance? Did you even watch the game? Absolutely hilarious.

Frustrating game, but to say Seattle wasn't in it until the end is just lying. Blatantly lying.

Or to say there was no defensive improvement is blatantly lying

LTH

hawker84

Reaction score
Pete took the wind out of our sails when he ran the ball 9 straight times into an 8 man front. Not to mention blowing through time outs like he always does, one on a 3rd and 19. So no, Pete didn't give us a chance, he sabotaged it like he always does. The fact that we were within a score with a minute and some left was despite Carroll, not because if his coaching.

Fade

Reaction score
It was a classic Pete Carroll game. That is the style he wants to play. Without a miracle worker at QB it's going to be hard to win any games going forward.

They are now a measly 3 point fav against the Jags at home. The Seahawks are now Jags/Lions level, without Russell Wilson.

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":219gxqye said:
It was a classic Pete Carroll game. That is the style he wants to play. Without a miracle worker at QB it's going to be hard to win any games going forward.

They are now a measly 3 point fav against the Jags at home. The Seahawks are now Jags/Lions level, without Russell Wilson.

the game plan was exactly what it should have been... you have a back up QB that turned the ball over twice in crucial situations in the past 2 games...

even you agreed in a previous post..

LTH

Crizilla

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1lcvskfz said:
But what is wrong with letting him toss easy throws to these guys and letting them make plays after the catch?.

It doesn't work like that. You can't just plug any ol' body in there and "let him toss easy throws to the guys". There's only a handful of QB's on the planet that have that capability.

OP
OP
E

eo620

Reaction score
Chapow":936jhahd said:
eo620":936jhahd said:

Yes, the kicker blew 2 FG, but it was as if the hawks weren't even trying to get downfield for either better FG position or even try for, God forbid, a TD! Running the ball 8-9 times into a stacked front for minimal yardage is the same as banging your head on the wall! My point is/was "try something/anything!

Then Pete goes into his presser saying "we're counting on Geno". If you're counting on him, don't handcuff him! We know he's not great, but at least let him try to make a play. Not in a 90 second drill!

John63

Reaction score
Crizilla":x2mr06st said:
WmHBonney":x2mr06st said:
But what is wrong with letting him toss easy throws to these guys and letting them make plays after the catch?.

It doesn't work like that. You can't just plug any ol' body in there and "let him toss easy throws to the guys". There's only a handful of QB's on the planet that have that capability.

well if you recall early on PC said he does not need a great QB just a QB that can not mistakes and make the easy throws.

Also if the QB is in the NFL he can make the kinds of throws being talked about. I Mean we are talking slants, quick in or outs, etc etc. every QB in the NFL can make those throws.

Jville

Reaction score
Chapow":3enkgsdi said:
eo620":3enkgsdi said:

Yea ..... Chapow is correct. Both teams had a chance to win. Both had similar game plans and good coaching.

But right now, the Seahawks are a team that's finding ways to lose.

LTH

Reaction score
Jville":ttgt1nvd said:
Chapow":ttgt1nvd said:
eo620":ttgt1nvd said:

Yea ..... Chapow is correct. Both teams had a chance to win. Both had similar game plans and good coaching.

But right now, the Seahawks are a team that's finding ways to lose.

isn't that the truth... LOL last year they were winning those games... there is just a fine line there...

LTH