How Good Would Russ Have Been With Another Team?

W

Welshers

Seeing this team without Russ shows just how good he truly is. It makes the question arise: if he was with another team, let's say one with a great offensive mind like Payton or Reid or Bellicheck, how great could he have been? I'm not necessarily criticizing the style of football that is played here but I don't think it allows Russ to show is true greatness.

I think Russ is so good that he could already be in the conversation for top 10 QBs of all time if he was on a different team his whole career. Sad to see,

getnasty

Reaction score
Is it really that sad that he's won like more games then any QB in his first 10 years. Poor Russell Wilson rough life.

John63

Reaction score
getnasty":1p9qxrxr said:
Is it really that sad that he's won like more games then any QB in his first 10 years. Poor Russell Wilson rough life.

No what sad is he could have accomplished more.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":2g9a9m6v said:
getnasty":2g9a9m6v said:

Yeah he might have zero rings if he didn't have an elite defesne in 2013. Cry me a river because he's played for winning organization that drafted him when everyone else passed. That chose him to start as a rookie over Matt Flynn. Probably more likely he's accomplished less going to anther organization.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure he would have been better elsewhere either and I'm a huge Wilson supporter. I think the offense here was geared towards what makes Russ great.

John63

Reaction score
getnasty":1y6m8zry said:
John63":1y6m8zry said:
getnasty":1y6m8zry said:

Yeah he might have zero rings if he didn't have an elite defesne in 2013. Cry me a river because he's played for winning organization that drafted him when everyone else passed. That chose him to start as a rookie over Matt Flynn. Probably more likely he's accomplished less going to anther organization.

Ot he.mighy have 6 if he had a team and system built around him..as to.crying once again PC as and nfl hc with out Wilson sub 500 with Wilson well over 600. It's a crying shame your hate blinds u to the truth.

John63

Reaction score
Natethegreat":v0wuwu9d said:
Yeah, not sure he would have been better elsewhere either and I'm a huge Wilson supporter. I think the offense here was geared towards what makes Russ great.

Agree to disagree.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Russ would thrive on another team.

This is a team that was never truly built for Russ. We draft DK and Lockett, but then we draft run blocking O-linemen and Penny. We give up two first rounders for a safety but then we don’t invest in corners.

Russ would thrive on a team that, for once actually prioritizes pass blocking O-linemen. And a team built around pass catching all over the field and not just deep threats. Saying Russ can’t succeed better elsewhere is laughable because he has LITERALLY never been given the chance to thrive in an offense not centered around Pete’s philosophy.

Quite frankly, it’s not a passionate argument for me. Russell Wilson is an all time great, and I laugh at anyone who doesn’t appreciate how great he truly is. If people don’t think so, it doesn’t matter. The truth is the truth and he’ll succeed on another team no matter how much people in his own fan base disrespects him.

getnasty":2v5hpl5t said:
John63":2v5hpl5t said:
getnasty":2v5hpl5t said:

You believe this because you have little respect for Russell Wilson. And that’s alright.

Every QB gets a chance somewhere. What would happen if the Patriots didn’t draft Brady in the 6th round? Or Mahomes went to the Jaguars?

Russ left NC State for Wisconsin when he didn’t get a chance. He came in and WON the job because of his great play. If the Seahawks didn’t give Russ a chance, another team would have. This team doesn’t win that Super Bowl without Russ. And I beg you to argue otherwise because Russ elevated Marshawn by opening up more running lanes. And won a lot of comeback games even with that great defense.

Your opinion is what happens when your disdain for someone clouds your ability to respect someone who’s far exceeded any “breaks” he may have gotten early in his career.

getnasty

Reaction score
Scorpion05":vbc5mbay said:

This is a team that was never truly built for Russ. We draft DK and Lockett, but then we draft run blocking O-linemen and Penny. We give up two first rounders for a safety but then we don’t invest in corners.

Russ would thrive on a team that, for once actually prioritizes pass blocking O-linemen. And a team built around pass catching all over the field and not just deep threats. Saying Russ can’t succeed better elsewhere is laughable because he has LITERALLY never been given the chance to thrive in an offense not centered around Pete’s philosophy.

Quite frankly, it’s not a passionate argument for me. Russell Wilson is an all time great, and I laugh at anyone who doesn’t appreciate how great he truly is. If people don’t think so, it doesn’t matter. The truth is the truth and he’ll succeed on another team no matter how much people in his own fan base disrespects him.

getnasty":vbc5mbay said:
John63":vbc5mbay said:
getnasty":vbc5mbay said:

You believe this because you have little respect for Russell Wilson. And that’s alright.

Every QB gets a chance somewhere. What would happen if the Patriots didn’t draft Brady in the 6th round? Or Mahomes went to the Jaguars?

Russ left NC State for Wisconsin when he didn’t get a chance. He came in and WON the job because of his great play. If the Seahawks didn’t give Russ a chance, another team would have. This team doesn’t win that Super Bowl without Russ. And I beg you to argue otherwise because Russ elevated Marshawn by opening up more running lanes. And won a lot of comeback games even with that great defense.

Your opinion is what happens when your disdain for someone clouds your ability to respect someone who’s far exceeded any “breaks” he may have gotten early in his career.

I'm a huge Russ fan. Best player in franchise history. Love him. At the same time he was fortunate to go to Seattle and because he did was able to have a ton of success early that he wouldn't have going elsewhere. Honestly i beleive his career wouldn't be near as good going to another team. Maybe better stats but not a better career.

John63

Reaction score
getnasty":1w7p5v5s said:
Scorpion05":1w7p5v5s said:

getnasty":1w7p5v5s said:
John63":1w7p5v5s said:

I'm a huge Russ fan. Best player in franchise history. Love him. At the same time he was fortunate to go to Seattle and because he did was able to have a ton of success early that he wouldn't have going elsewhere. Honestly i beleive his career wouldn't be near as good going to another team. Maybe better stats but not a better career.

Maybe, maybe not, but we will never know for sure. What we do know is PC as NFL HC without Wilson is under 500. With him over 600. And given PC pretty much said it well that's it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Welshers":1164w7tz said:
Seeing this team without Russ shows just how good he truly is. It makes the question arise: if he was with another team, let's say one with a great offensive mind like Payton or Reid or Bellicheck, how great could he have been? I'm not necessarily criticizing the style of football that is played here but I don't think it allows Russ to show is true greatness.

I think Russ is so good that he could already be in the conversation for top 10 QBs of all time if he was on a different team his whole career. Sad to see,

Bill has a great offensive mind? :?:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":3jdtfzrw said:
getnasty":3jdtfzrw said:
Scorpion05":3jdtfzrw said:

getnasty":3jdtfzrw said:

Maybe, maybe not, but we will never know for sure. What we do know is PC as NFL HC without Wilson is under 500. With him over 600. And given PC pretty much said it well that's it.

Bill is sub .500 without Tom.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2knl1vhm said:
John63":2knl1vhm said:
getnasty":2knl1vhm said:
Scorpion05":2knl1vhm said:

Okay i never said anything about bill. I am talking about PC and PC already admitted as much so.

John63

Reaction score
:141847_bnono:
John63":2doafzcx said:
Shanegotyou11":2doafzcx said:
John63":2doafzcx said:
getnasty":2doafzcx said:

Okay i never said anything about bill. I am talking about PC and PC already admitted as much so. Also as an fyi during his time in Ne Brady missed 19 games. Ne went 13-6 in those games. Meanwhile Wilson has missed 2 games and we are 0-2.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":3cioyuks said:
Shanegotyou11":3cioyuks said:

Okay i never said anything about bill. I am talking about PC and PC already admitted as much so. Also as an fyi during his time in Ne Brady missed 19 games. Ne went 13-6 in those games. Meanwhile Wilson has missed 2 games and we are 0-2.

And Pete is 49 and 54 without Russ. He had 3 playoff appearances with 2 wins without Russ.

Bill is 64 and 76 and 1 and 1 with 2 playoff appearance.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":2du7mdci said:
Shanegotyou11":2du7mdci said:

Pete would win in the AFC East if he had the top D he had in seattle too.

That AFC East was atrocious. All the teams Minus the Pats were sub .500 during the run. Hawks always played in a tougher division minus one year with Pete

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":hc331bcx said:
John63":hc331bcx said:
John63":hc331bcx said:
Shanegotyou11":hc331bcx said:

And Pete is 49 and 54 without Russ. He had 3 playoff appearances with 2 wins without Russ.

Bill is 64 and 76 and 1 and 1 with 2 playoff appearance.

And again I did not bring up Bill u did. And again. PC admitted without Russ he would not be here. Done

Tokadub

Reaction score
Welshers":3te3u69k said:

Well it's a very interesting conversation point.

I would have to say it's unlikely he would of been significantly better with any other team. I think on most teams he would of been MUCH worst.

Think about the way he entered the league, the best defense in the league and nobody has any tape on him so he can just run with his career high athleticism and burn our opponents with both his feet and his arm.

Wilson jumped into a system from day 1 with the best defense in the league and most definitely one of the top running games with Marshawn Lynch.

I said this on THIS forum during Russell's first season:

"I think he's a top 5 QB and I think he's better than Andrew Luck!"

When I said that even THIS forum seemed to almost all think Andrew Luck was better. I read all those threads...

I even had to say he's WAYYYYY better than Kaepernick because at the time that was debatable among the "experts".

My point is from day 1 I believed in Wilson! Just because I think the team sucks this season doesn't mean I didn't see our potential way back in the day!

I think the biggest tragedy is that we only won 1 Super Bowl from 2012-2014... we should of won at least 2 if not 3!

So do I think Russell would have been better with another team???

He WAS 2nd all time in passer rating behind Aaron Rodgers until Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson passed him (I doubt either of those QB's will finish their career with a higher passer rating than Russell Wilson).

He's the fastest QB to EVER reach 100 wins!

He is 3rd all time in TD/Interception Ratio behind Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. Once again I think he will finish with a better TD/Interception Ratio than Patrick Mahomes.

Russell also has a bunch of random stats like this article states:

https://www.nfl.com/photos/mind-boggling-stats-russell-wilson-0ap3000001025270

+269 point differential in the 4th quarter since 2012 (#1 in the league)

109.6 Passer rating in the 4th quarter (highest since 1991)

21 4th quarter comebacks and 27 game winning drives (most since 2012)

2nd highest pass to touchdown ratio in Super Bowl Era (at the time this article was published)...

NOT TO MENTION HE IS 4th all time in QB Rushing YARDS?

But his 35,142 Passing yards is more than any of the QB's who have more rushing yards (almost 4,000 more than Cam Newton)!

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/who-had-the-most-qb-rush-yards-career

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CunnRa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

CONCLUSION:

It's a HUGE stretch to say Wilson would of been better with another team when he is ALREADY one of the greatest of all time statistically on OUR TEAM...

Maybe he would have a little more passing yards???

I don't think he's going to join another team and do any better if that's what you mean.

I think his skill set matched the coaching from 2012 to 2014. Ever since then it's been more of a struggle but his numbers have been amazing year after year...

I JUST DON'T SEE A UNIVERSE WHERE RUSSEL WAS ON ANOTHER TEAM AND HE GOES FROM TOP 3 ALL TIME (in multiple categories) TO TOP 1-2...?

YOU THINK WITH ANOTHER TEAM HE WOULD BE THE FASTEST QB IN NFL HISTORY TO REACH 100 WINS???

Tokadub

Reaction score
Scorpion05":187s45lw said:
Russ left NC State for Wisconsin when he didn’t get a chance.

Didn't get a chance???

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/russell-wilson-1.html

Look at his stats at NC state lmao!

76 Touch Downs, 26 Interceptions?

Averaging well over 130 Passer Rating with NC State?

He had insane stats at both schools... not sure what you mean he didn't get a chance at NC State?

His team sucked? They were 9-4 in 2010 his last year there.

Compared to the #1 pick Andrew Luck:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/andrew-luck-1.html

Wilson TD to Interception = 3.63

Luck TD to Interception = 3.72

Wilson highest passer rating in College = 191.8

Luck's highest passer rating in College = 170.2