Meh. It Is What It Is.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2-5.

It's painfully clear this is a season we will want to put in our collective rear view mirrors. Baring a historic comeback for the ages of the NFL, we are likely looking to next season. I said in my other thread that this was a must win game and it really was. Sure there was effort, some good plays and moments, but in the end, we looked like the 2-5 team we are.

And that sucks. And that hurts. But I am not going to fight it anymore. Meh. We are rolling with a QB who is a backup for a reason. A defense that makes us sorely miss the LOB like nothing else. Being out coached almost every game is just flat out embarassing. The game has passed Pete by. It's crystalline clear.

I would have been so thrilled had they decided to have Adams shadow Kamara on every single play. Or double, triple team his ass. Because clearly we had no answer for their most obvious offensive weapon all night. Our coaches are stealing pay checks at this point.

So the rest of the year is just a curiousity campaign. No stress. Just, "what are they going to look like this week?"

My fear isn't finishing with a losing record. My fear is how and when can we fix this mess?

Fade

Reaction score
Aros":28zq9chl said:
2-5.

It's painfully clear this is a season we will want to put in our collective rear view mirrors. Baring a historic comeback for the ages of the NFL, we are likely looking to next season. I said in my other thread that this was a must win game and it really was. Sure there was effort, some good plays and moments, but in the end, we looked like the 2-5 team we are.

And that sucks. And that hurts. But I am not going to fight it anymore. Meh. We are rolling with a QB who is a backup for a reason. A defense that makes us sorely miss the LOB like nothing else. Being out coached almost every game is just flat out embarassing. The game has passed Pete by. It's crystalline clear.

I would have been so thrilled had they decided to have Adams shadow Kamara on every single play. Or double, triple team his ass. Because clearly we had no answer for their most obvious offensive weapon all night. Our coaches are stealing pay checks at this point.

So the rest of the year is just a curiousity campaign. No stress. Just, "what are they going to look like this week?"

My fear isn't finishing with a losing record. My fear is how and when can we fix this mess?

Pete can't fix it clearly as the same issues continue to persist. Rearranging the lawn chairs orbiting around Pete isn't going to change anything. You must start with him.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fade":36d1e42f said:
Pete can't fix it clearly as the same issues continue to persist. Rearranging the lawn chairs orbiting around Pete isn't going to change anything. You must start with him.

Incredibly clear at this stage. I was a big advocate for Pete up until this season. Now it's stupid clear he's the problem. The Saints adjusted in the second quarter. That's great coaching. We did not. That's bad coaching. Carroll and Norton are simply not good enough coaches and it shows damn near every week.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh! And let's not absolve Jason Myers...By himself he took 6 points off the board which would have won the game outright 16-13.

Freaking kickers. I am all for getting rid of that aspect of the game. For real.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fade":217dz19t said:
Aros":217dz19t said:
2-5.

I agree with Fade.

Carroll needs to be removed and/or resign.

Carroll stays, Seahawks continues losing and Wilson’s chances of staying goes out the door.

I feel like the damage has been already.

It’s inevitable Wilson will leave Seattle and when Carroll is done, Seattle will be left in shambles, especially with a non-existent owner who has no idea how to run an NFL team.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
What was it, 7? 9? rushing plays in a row that went absolutely nowhere?

Bang head against rock, man.

That was so ugly to watch. The game has passed Pete by to a sickening degree, on prime time, no less.. Without Russ he was exposed.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1452844738579550208[/tweet]
200w.webp

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And let’s also not absolve the refs. They were terrible. And I haven’t felt that way in a long time so this isn’t some lame excuse. Flag happy, and worse they somehow missed blatant holds to the point I was screaming at my TV.

Yes I get we weren’t good enough to overcome the officiating but it still just adds to the frustration of the game.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fade":2b7l9rny said:
200w.webp

And there you have it.

Fade

Reaction score
You know its gotten bad when Aros is onboard. :shock:

LegendKiller

Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts on shutting down Wilson for the season? Personally, I don’t see why we should have him play when we won’t make playoffs and even by some miracle if we do, you know this team will get massacred in the first round. Why risk him getting further injured or reaggravting the same injury to his throwing hand. If anything, we need to make sure he’s healthy heading into next season.

Fade

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":13yqdtm6 said:
What are your guys thoughts on shutting down Wilson for the season? Personally, I don’t see why we should have him play when we won’t make playoffs and even by some miracle if we do, you know this team will get massacred in the first round. Why risk him getting further injured or reaggravting the same injury to his throwing hand. If anything, we need to make sure he’s healthy heading into next season.

I am concerned with Russ coming back too early myself. But if he is right he should play.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1452825508195016712[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SONTSeattle/status/1452802088203735047[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":10uazdou said:
Fade":10uazdou said:
200w.webp

Like bill without Tom. Am i right?

Bill lost Tom Brady for the season in the 1st game of the year and proceeded to go 11-5 with a backup QB. Pete isn't in Bill's league.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fade":3qorn350 said:
Shanegotyou11":3qorn350 said:
Fade":3qorn350 said:
200w.webp

Like bill without Tom. Am i right?

Bill lost Tom Brady for the season in the 1st game of the year and proceeded to go 11-5 with a backup QB. Pete isn't in Bill's league.

Iol ok. You hate Pete. You have a huge biased view. Here let me spin it. That 11 and 5 record got them a non playoff berth. Pete took a over the hill Matt to a playoff game and then won a playoff game.

It was 7 and 9. Derp. Doesnt matter right? Both sub .500 head coaches without HOF QBs. One also made the playoffs 3 times and won two games and the other one went 1 and 1.

One also has a worse record without a HOF QB.

Wonder who? Bill has a worse record and 1 playoff appearance.

See how easy that spin was?

Also AFC East was soft AF for a decade plus.

Fade

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3pqqxnjg said:
http://archive.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/10/the_end_of_incompetence_the_patriots_dominance_in.html

Pete Carroll could never win 11 games in a season with a backup QB, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fade":l8uxa05e said:
Shanegotyou11":l8uxa05e said:
http://archive.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/10/the_end_of_incompetence_the_patriots_dominance_in.html

Pete Carroll could never win 11 games in a season with a backup QB, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

It doesnt hurt my feelings at all. You are super dense is all and think you are smarter then you really are.

And i forgot pete is 2 and 3 without Russ in the playoffs. He made it 3 times. If you think Pete could not win in the AFC East, then even i give you too much credit. Lol.

The AFC East with Tom Brady and Bill all had sub .500 records during their run. What does that tell you? Soft division.

Latest posts