What Do You Think Russell's Thinking Right Now?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seeing Russell on the sideline the past couple weeks seeing his team struggle in all three phases made me think of a good forum question.

What's Russell's temperature right now? What do you think he was thinking on the way home last night?

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm thinking he finally answered his own question which is.......

Why not us?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you are Russell, and finally getting a chance to see just what the team looks like without you, would you be that excited to go back to a team that:

- you literally had to carry
- had issues protecting you
- misused you consistently
- had little chance or future
- regularly failed to use the resources it had to help you succeed
- tended to point the finger at you when it did fail

Or would you start to wonder what you could do with a competent coaching staff?

I am a fan wondering this, you think someone that made their life the study of football and success in same would not ?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Probably thinking he needs to get out of that s*** show.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3tgvwf12 said:
If you are Russell, and finally getting a chance to see just what the team looks like without you, would you be that excited to go back to a team that:

I am a fan wondering this, you think someone that made their life the study of football and success in same would not ?

Pretty much what I think, and I'd take it a step further and say what Russell and his agent are now thinking is mapping out his exit from Seattle. There's no way he can look at the depleted talent on the field last night, and the bungling coach and staff unable to eek out wins against mediocre teams and think "yeah this is where I want to be for three more years."

So unless the organization shocks us all and fires Pete next off season and whoever replaces him is enough to satisfy Russell to stay? I think we're in for a BIG knock down drag out fight with Russell demanding a trade.

iigakusei

Reaction score
He is thinking about how to get to work with Sean Payton next year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson has carried this team for 5+ years. Maybe close to 8.

If he asks for a trade, he probably earned it.

Good god. Can you imagine him on Cleveland with THEIR playcalling? And that line?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3kh3zvnr said:

Good god. Can you imagine him on Cleveland with THEIR playcalling? And that line?

I think what iigakusei just said above, he probably saw himself on that loaded Saints roster that is never going to make it back to a SB with a mediocre QB like Winston on it......and I'm sure Sean Peyton is thinking the same thing.

Let's just hope Russell throws the hail mary we all want him to throw next February, and tells Jody Allen and Vulcan that if Pete's back, he's gone.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Russ has big dreams about his legacy. He won that first ring in his second year, should have had a second, and has not gotten another chance since. Seven years later its obvious another one ain't gonna happen here. He should bail.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1x2vy3f3 said:
TwistedHusky":1x2vy3f3 said:

I think what iigakusei just said above, he probably saw himself on that loaded Saints roster that is never going to make it back to a SB with a mediocre QB like Winston on it......and I'm sure Sean Peyton is thinking the same thing.

Let's just hope Russell throws the hail mary we all want him to throw next February, and tells Jody Allen and Vulcan that if Pete's back, he's gone.

Sean Peyton and the Saints never made it back to the Super Bowl with HOF QB Drew Brees, so of course they aren't going to make it back with Winston. Hell, they only made it past the divisional round once since 2009, and again, that was with a HOF QB, and that roster has been far more loaded in the past than they are now. They were also a missed FG or two away from losing to a team with a horrible defense that was playing a backup QB and a 3rd string RB just last night. I'm not so sure that Saints team is looking as desireable as some of you guys seem to think. Surely if our lack of success in the playoffs since 2014 is unacceptable, you'd have to say the same thing about the Saints lack of playoff success since 2009.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":1jkaiu0i said:
Sgt. Largent":1jkaiu0i said:
TwistedHusky":1jkaiu0i said:

Sean Peyton and the Saints never made it back to the Super Bowl with HOF QB Drew Brees, so of course they aren't going to make it back with Winston. Hell, they only made it past the divisional round once since 2009, and again, that was with a HOF QB, and that roster has been far more loaded in the past than they are now. They were also a missed FG or two away from losing to a team with a horrible defense that was playing a backup QB and a 3rd string RB just last night. I'm not so sure that Saints team is looking as desireable as some of you guys seem to think. Surely if our lack of success in the playoffs since 2014 is unacceptable, you'd have to say the same thing about the Saints lack of playoff success since 2009.

Their defense is young and loaded now, in all three phases.

So while you're right, this is a better team than the last 3-4 Brees years.....and Brees was not the same QB he was either in his prime, so that contributed to them falling short.

Either way, there's a reason the Saints were on Russell's "don't want to be traded, but if you're so inclined here's my teams" list. They're young and loaded.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He's a forward thinker. He's probably evaluating whether or not he wants to stay bad enough to tell the powers that be "Pete or Me" and the potential backlash that would come with it (especially if he does NOT perform after they get rid of Pete). Then he's probably thinking okay how do I get traded, to where I want to go, while still looking like the good guy who did not ask for this.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What is Russ thinking? He's thinking that his hand isn't going to be healed until next season.

LTH

Reaction score
I think Russ is thinking if he didn't get hurt, the Seahawks would have a much better chance of making the play offs... They probably would have won the last two games...

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
Something like this:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/_kendallrjones_/status/1449938235711311872[/tweet]

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I remember catching that in real time. An eye roll would have been perfect, but that's not Russ.

chris98251

Reaction score
So I am the franchise, my next contract I was thinking 350 million, screw that now, if Seattle wants to keep me it's 450 million. Sean, call Ciara and let her know what your thinking, we don't want any tampering happening you know. My speaker phone is house stereo by the way :)

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":o50uvyyr said:

STOP THE WILSON HATE! - John63

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1uv3xogr said:

THIS