Wilson will not be traded. Pete will be gone. (Speculation)

seabowl

Reaction score
With Pete now admitting he would not have remained with the team if not for Wilson, was the biggest statement made by anyone on the team over the last 15 years. They cannot possibly trade Wilson now that the coach states he would have been gone without him. There is no way to justify trading Wilson with the coach saying he cannot do it without him.

Now more than ever I believe Pete will be gone after the season.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Wish they would just fire Carroll and Norton now, go interim and see what we can come up with.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I will take that bet.

Pete will be here next season.

Want to know the sign?

You will see the Seahawks/Pete's Excuse Mill gin up a number of articles about how close he is keeping the games and how bad Geno is, how nobody could be expected to produce under these conditions.

THEN

You will see articles about how when Pete got here he 'rebuilt the team from the ground up' and thinks he could do it again. I am already seeing stuff here and there about how the defense is starting to gel (*cough* bullsh*t *cough*).

Pete is not going anywhere and you WILL see FIRE PETE signs at the games. Hell I will bring one.

But Pete isn't Firing himself and he isn't self-aware enough to step down yet. This is only his last season if Wilson gives our owner an ultimatum, and even then it would be 50/50 at best.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only scenario I see where Pete's gone next year is if Russell and his agent tell Jody Allen and the rest of Vulcan that he's not playing another down in a Hawk's uniform unless Pete's gone and a coach he approves is hired.

That's our hail mary, that Russell forces Pete out.........and hopefully this stretch of games with no Russell is EXACTLY what ownership needs to see of what this team looks like with Pete, but without Russell. Bad, very bad.

Ownership can certainly call Russell's bluff if they want to remain loyal to Pete, but IMO this is really the only way Pete's gone before his extension expires, because he's certainly not going to admit he's lost it and quits or retires.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I've stuck by Pete for the last 9 years, but after last nights debacle, It's really hard to defend what appeared to be a non existing game plan...I think if the truth be told though, I believe he is growing weary of his own missteps.
The game is ever changing, and because he held to a belief that it still has base fundamentals that will never change, and so, because of his stubbornness, he's not able to get the hell out of his own way, & adjust to the nuances....Damned hard to admit to himself, that over the last few years, the game he's loved his whole life is passing him by. :(

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is the really disappointing thing.

If he had left a year or two ago, he would be beloved in Seattle. There wouldn't be a beer he could buy himself.

But if he gets tagged as the guy that drove Wilson off and/or squandered him for 5+ years? He might even get booed when he is inducted into the Ring of Honor.

All he had to do was get out of the chair, let someone else be either GM or coach. It might be too late though. Wilson has SO much leverage right now and many are questioning Pete's NFL accomplishments as we speak.

His Legacy is burning down around him.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is a watershed moment for the team. We have no clue what Jodi Allen will be like running this team, will she allow Vulcan Sports & Entertainment (VSE) CEO Chris McGowan to run the team like they are with the Blazers? Does she even care?

Paul Allen hired three coaches during his time with the team and only fired one of them (he inherited the first head coach).

The 2007 to 2008 seasons showed what Paul Allen was about. He allowed the 4-12 season to be ok since Holmgren was leaving, then only allowed Mora and Ruskell one 5-11 season before he cleaned house for the 2010 season. Does this team have the same ownership? Does this team have the same structure in place to make moves like that in 2021 and beyond?

Fade

Reaction score
I'm glad to see more are coming around to how I see it. 3 weeks ago I was in the minority, everyone thought that Pete has all the power and he will trade Wilson.

I simply stated that that would be financial suicide, and Pete will either retire, or be fired, and they keep Wilson. It is just too logical to do it this way.

Keeping Pete and moving on from Wilson is insane. Purely from a financial standpoint. Let alone from a winning games standpoint.

We're not through the woods yet, of course. It still could go down the wrong way, and then the things will get ugly. But with billions of dollars on the line longterm, I think the choice is easy.

Beren

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1oxciz2h said:
I will take that bet.

Pete will be here next season.

Want to know the sign?

You will see the Seahawks/Pete's Excuse Mill gin up a number of articles about how close he is keeping the games and how bad Geno is, how nobody could be expected to produce under these conditions.

THEN

You will see articles about how when Pete got here he 'rebuilt the team from the ground up' and thinks he could do it again. I am already seeing stuff here and there about how the defense is starting to gel (*cough* bullsh*t *cough*).

Pete is not going anywhere and you WILL see FIRE PETE signs at the games. Hell I will bring one.

But Pete isn't Firing himself and he isn't self-aware enough to step down yet. This is only his last season if Wilson gives our owner an ultimatum, and even then it would be 50/50 at best.

As a sincere question, what is the likelihood this will happen?

Can't recall seeing much fan protest at games in the NFL. Seems more common in football in the UK where it really is a results business and if you don't produce, you're on thin ice.

John63

Reaction score
Fade":2lwdrlfi said:
I'm glad to see more are coming around to how I see it. 3 weeks ago I was in the minority, everyone thought that Pete has all the power and he will trade Wilson.

I simply stated that that would be financial suicide, and Pete will either retire, or be fired, and they keep Wilson. It is just too logical to do it this way.

Keeping Pete and moving on from Wilson is insane. Purely from a financial standpoint. Let alone from a winning games standpoint.

We're not through the woods yet, of course. It still could go down the wrong way, and then the things will get ugly. But with billions of dollars on the line longterm, I think the choice is easy.

worse Wilson comes back and PC gives him the keys alla 2015 and we make the playoffs only to have the keys taken away again but it was enough for PC to keep his job

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Again the point is with Pete already admitting to not being able to do it without Wilson there is no way the team can get rid of Russ and solely keep Pete.

It’s simply implausible.

Rat

Reaction score
seabowl":3rd92vax said:
Again the point is with Pete already admitting to not being able to do it without Wilson
That's not what he said. Some of you take things way too damn literally.

xray

Reaction score
If Carroll doesn't retire , who's gonna fire him ?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Rat":20qpgoyb said:
seabowl":20qpgoyb said:
Again the point is with Pete already admitting to not being able to do it without Wilson

Uh pretty much that is what he said. He’s been there a long time and without Russ he probably wouldn’t be there as long. To me this means without Russ he would probably not be there anymore.

Rat

Reaction score
seabowl":1qkko8nx said:
Rat":1qkko8nx said:
seabowl":1qkko8nx said:

Uh pretty much that is what he said. He’s been there a long time and without Russ he probably wouldn’t be there as long. To me this means without Russ he would probably not be there anymore.
You're talking like he called himself a fraud. It sounded like a tongue in cheek comment to prop up Russ. He's trying to be humble.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":3lnusyrq said:

Hopefully Jody Allen after Russell and his agent tell her it's either Russell or Pete.

Allen may be loyal to Pete, but she'd be a fool to put the revenue generated and equity stake in her billion dollar NFL franchise on the side of a 70 year old coach vs an elite QB in his prime.

So that's our Hail Mary, hoping Russell tells Allen and Vulcan it's Pete or him, take their pick.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2aqsa0c8 said:
xray":2aqsa0c8 said:

Hopefully Jody Allen after Russell and his agent tell her it's either Russell or Pete.

Allen may be loyal to Pete, but she'd be a fool to put the revenue generated and equity stake in her billion dollar NFL franchise on the side of a 70 year old coach vs an elite QB in his prime.

So that's our Hail Mary, hoping Russell tells Allen and Vulcan it's Pete or him, take their pick.
Honestly, I think Wilson is as good as gone after his contract ends, Carroll or no Carroll here.

I think Wilson sees others teams close to building a complete team just the QB is missing and he’ll jump on that.

With Seattle minus Carroll, Seattle will need to go through a complete rebuild in the new coaches identity. And that will take some time.

Wilson may want to go to a contender immediately as it’ll give him the greatest chances at success immediately.

Either way, Wilson gone and Carroll gone, at least we get the possibility of becoming a good team again with a young star QB.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":3g0d53lt said:
seabowl":3g0d53lt said:

no he said this Pete Carroll on how much Seahawks miss Russell Wilson. “I’ve been here a long time and if we didn’t have Russell I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time.”

ahh that si pretty much what it says, dude. no matter how you try to slice it

NJlargent

Reaction score
I don’t think the quote means PC feels like Wilson carried him. Rather it is rah rah that Wilson is special and meant to try and keep Wilson happy.

If he thought Wilson carried him he should have recognized this long ago.