Who do you want for HC next year if PC moves on?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
My interviews:

Mike McDaniel
Renaldo Hill
Matt Eberflus
Dave Toub
Eric Bieniemy
Joe Brady
Brian Daboll
Alex Van Pelt

Brady, Eberflus, and Toub are my top choices there.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I will take Harbaugh.

He isn't lighting up college but we don't need that.

He knows how to nurture and build good lines, and how to nurture a QB.

If Wilson can make Carroll look good, pretty sure we don't even need a great coach, just a good one.

He took Kap to the effing SB for H sake. He would do just fine.

Plus he might be a bit of a DB but he likes tough, physical football - and we need that.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15ucig2q said:
I will take Harbaugh.

If Wilson can make Carroll look good, pretty sure we don't even need a great coach, just a good one.

Plus he might be a bit of a DB but he likes tough, physical football - and we need that.
I always had the impression that Harbaugh didn't want to coach college again. SF was collapsing, he hated Jed York and wanted to get far away. I figured he'd stake it out, coach in college then return to the NFL if the opportunity was right, or if a team gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

What would Seattle be to him? The right opportunity or the right amount of cash?

Boycie

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1zeln1pf said:
TwistedHusky":1zeln1pf said:
I will take Harbaugh.

I always had the impression that Harbaugh didn't want to coach college again. SF was collapsing, he hated Jed York and wanted to get far away. I figured he'd stake it out, coach in college then return to the NFL if the opportunity was right, or if a team gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

What would Seattle be to him? The right opportunity or the right amount of cash?

You have to think having Russ who fed his team their lunch, would be a draw for him. The only issue is the dumpster fire that the rest of the team is.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":11kg5vrf said:
Seahawk_Dan":11kg5vrf said:
TwistedHusky":11kg5vrf said:
I will take Harbaugh.

You have to think having Russ who fed his team their lunch, would be a draw for him. The only issue is the dumpster fire that the rest of the team is.
True. Russ alone could be a tempting offer. Top that with DK and Lockett and you have two important skill positions figured out. But it'd be a total rebuild for him.

Rat

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2mrk149r said:
I will take Harbaugh.

As a Seahawks and Buckeyes fan, that would be a LOT of hate for me to put aside. I dont know that I have it in me.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Winning tends to fix that Rat.

And you can feel free to hate him as a person and still be happy with the football he engenders.

One thing you can be assured of, we won't lose because we neglected the lines and we won't shirk on defense.

Those are pretty good pluses.

I will concede the guy is insufferable and likely annoying. I will still take it. Young up and coming coaches are a risk.

Go run a list of the top picks 5 years ago and see where they are today. Harbaugh took a team to the SB and almost won that thing but for the power outage.

We could do A LOT worse.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That I agree with.

The question is who WE would like.

But honestly, I don't care who it is as long as Wilson is both happy with him, AND he can produce a great offense with Russ.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Byron Leftwich and Brian Daboll if the team goes the OC to head coach route.

Todd Bowles with a second stint as an HC in the NFL.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
A Magic 8 ball and .net polls would be twice as good as we have now.

“Seattle Seahawks rookie starting center Creed Humphries was named an All Pro today”

Vs

“Another in a long line of Seattle rookies has missed significant games due injury this year. Though it is doubtful that they would have changed the course of this lost season.”

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2zq1m2w7 said:
That I agree with.

The question is who WE would like.

But honestly, I don't care who it is as long as Wilson is both happy with him, AND he can produce a great offense with Russ.
I really like Lincoln Riley but he is leaving Oklahoma I’m guessing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3hcy48lc said:
A Magic 8 ball and .net polls would be twice as good as we have now.

“Seattle Seahawks rookie starting center Creed Humphries was named an All Pro today”

Vs

“Another in a long line of Seattle rookies has missed significant games due injury this year. Though it is doubtful that they would have changed the course of this lost season.”

So uh

The question was

"Who do you want for HC next year if PC moves on?"

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3so296bt said:
I will take Harbaugh.

If Vic Fangio gets fired from the Broncos and they're a package deal, that would be my preference.

Harbaugh/Fangio '22. Fangio is a beast and builds talented defenses wherever he goes.

The other options are offensive coordinators, and Doug Pederson. From that litter I would go with Kellen Moore.

I'm not keen on career college coaches with no NFL experience.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’d like to say Bienemy but I don’t know. He has been passed on so many times I worry there is something we don’t know. He could be a great OC but a terrible HC. I can tell you the league will be pushing hard for him to get a HC job out of a worry of some sort of racial narrative.

I do like the idea of a fresh face from the the college ranks. Lincoln Riley wouldn’t be bad but he also walked in to a winning system. Saban won’t move and wouldn’t want him anyway. I might try Jim Harbaugh. Yes, he didn’t do great at SD or Sf but it could be time again.

So, I will go with Jim Hatbaugh.