Chris Simms: It sucks to play in Seattle as a QB.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1p3itqfz said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBa-wniajlk&t=132s

So I suck at embedding, anyhow, at 2:10 about he starts talking about Seattle's offense and how tough it is for a QB to execute.

well that says it all and a lot of what a lot of us have been saying for years

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":2szdjl86 said:
Chrissy is spot on.

Yep, and to think people were saying that the team could get by with just a game manager type QB only a few short weeks ago.

Jville

Reaction score
LOL .............

That show is all about trawling for subscribers.

Chris Simms' role is that of throwing the chum bait overboard.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":2sqvkdta said:
LOL .............

once again I know it does not fit your narrative so we should forget it we get it only stuff that fits your narrative is really the rest fake news.

The good part is since some of the shows and experts are saying the same thing most fans know what's real and what is being said on this show is legit.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":xrx6vbw3 said:
Jville":xrx6vbw3 said:
LOL .............

once again I know it does not fit your narrative so we should forget it we get it only stuff that fits your narrative is really the rest fake news.

The good part is since some of the shows and experts are saying the same thing most fans know what's real and what is being said on this show is legit.

That entertainment show was made for you ...... eat it up!

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2hdk88fa said:
Fade":2hdk88fa said:
Chrissy is spot on.

Yep, and to think people were saying that the team could get by with just a game manager type QB only a few short weeks ago.

Well I am sure any knowledgeable fan knows better now

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Russ leaves this team, a lot of Seahawks media and fans will have eggs on their faces. Because they chose narratives over being impartial.

The idea that Russell won't succeed in another offense that doesn't only ask him to make 4th quarter magic, on a team that has always been cheap on the O-line is laughable. This is not an offense that caters to a QB's strength. Anyone arguing that we're running an offense that is best for Russ, is arguing against all evidence. And it will be embarrassing, and shameful when Russ finds success with another team. Because ALL OF IT was preventable, and we'll likely be in QB hell for sometime. Truly a shame.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1n9nrcfl said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Russ leaves this team, a lot of Seahawks media and fans will have eggs on their faces. Because they chose narratives over being impartial.

The idea that Russell won't succeed in another offense that doesn't only ask him to make 4th quarter magic, on a team that has always been cheap on the O-line is laughable. This is not an offense that caters to a QB's strength. Anyone arguing that we're running an offense that is best for Russ, is arguing against all evidence. And it will be embarrassing, and shameful when Russ finds success with another team. Because ALL OF IT was preventable, and we'll likely be in QB hell for sometime. Truly a shame.
The results won't be any different on another team than they were the last few seasons here for Russ

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2cm6cz85 said:
Scorpion05":2cm6cz85 said:

The results won't be any different on another team than they were the last few seasons here for Russ

The facts say otherwise.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jville":hpi1smfb said:
LOL .............

And?

How is this any different from shows that people sportscasters and other media analyst do? The answer is it is not. Every NFL program is trawling for subscribers in some way shape or form. Can some of these shows be sensationalist at times? Absolutely. Are they right on this particular instance? You bet.

Chris Simms talks about how he's heard from Griese and a few others that have talked to Carroll and he's mentioned how he likes to keep things close. Carroll has even said as much during his pressers. Several times Carroll has exclaimed that he loves close games. He even went so far as to say that he might be "sick" for preferring for games to go down to the wire.

Secondly, Chris Simms also makes a fantastic point about allowing the QB to get into a rhythm. This offense doesn't really let the QB do that. Mike Holmgren always emphasized the importance of establishing a tempo and rhythm in the game, and important it was. We don't do that, we never really have. We skip the foreplay and go straight for the jugular. We linger at the LOS until the final second ticks down. There is never a mystery as to what we're going to do.

Chris Simms made some very good points. Greg Olsen also made similar points about the offense today as well.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Spin Doctor":e7aroyte said:
Chris Simms talks about how he's heard from Griese and a few others that have talked to Carroll and he's mentioned how he likes to keep things close. Carroll has even said as much during his pressers. Several times Carroll has exclaimed that he loves close games. He even went so far as to say that he might be "sick" for preferring for games to go down to the wire.

Secondly, Chris Simms also makes a fantastic point about allowing the QB to get into a rhythm. This offense doesn't really let the QB do that. Mike Holmgren always emphasized the importance of establishing a tempo and rhythm in the game, and important it was. We don't do that, we never really have. We skip the foreplay and go straight for the jugular. We linger at the LOS until the final second ticks down. There is never a mystery as to what we're going to do.

This. This right here is why I can't stand PC. I think that's where the PC/Harbaugh heat came from when they were both college coaches. (i.e. PC to Harbaugh: "What's your deal?"

NEWSFLASH PETE: You're quite possibly the ONLY HC in the whole NFL that loves keeping it close down to the wire, and I'd be willing to bet other HC's LOVE playing against you because for the most part you always give everyone else a chance to win, and if they do win, it's just SOOOO "heart-crushing" and "disappointing" and "we played our best"

NO. Put your foot on the gas and ALWAYS outscore your opponent except for a FEW exceptions depending on situation and time.

justafan

Reaction score
Has Chris Simms ever seen an offensive system he found easy to execute?

chris98251

Reaction score
justafan":9d2t8awr said:

Well his Pro Career shows, oh wait that was his dad that could execute a system under the Tyrant Parcells. This Simms has a total of 23 game appearances to give us his in depth professional opinion based on experience.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":khlggzk5 said:
Scorpion05":khlggzk5 said:

That’s the great thing about wrong opinions. People don’t loudly admit they’re wrong when it happens. Kind of like those who thought Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers were washed up with Belichick and Mike McCarthy.

People were saying that Russ couldn’t be a starter coming out of college. Then, they said he couldn’t read defenses. Then they said he couldn’t carry a team without a number 1 defense.

Narratives are always made up about the guy. Now you’re telling me…that the elite, advanced Pete Carroll offense, with the elite O-line, and creative modern Offense Russ has been playing in for years, is the best Russ will ever do. Lol.

No thanks. I think I’ll listen to the people outside of the PNW who watch our games, and have been complaining for YEARS how simplistic and non-QB friendly our offense is. You can believe what you want, but I’ve seen this movie before. People like yourself declare these things, and when proven wrong have nothing to say.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
chris98251":2tfe68nf said:
justafan":2tfe68nf said:

Well his Pro Career shows, oh wait that was his dad that could execute a system under the Tyrant Parcells. This Simms has a total of 23 game appearances to give us his in depth professional opinion based on experience.

I know this is hard to believe. But some people really are better coaches and analysts, than player. Being a great QB also takes talent, doesn’t mean what he’s saying is factually wrong.

Which brings me to my next point. It’s pretty bizarre how defensive some get when our scheme is actually criticized by OBJECTIVE parties

zchurch74

Reaction score
The comments are confusing. Why are people arguing about Russ. What Simms said has nothing to do about Russ. ITS 100% about the coaching staff. I do not like Russ and never really have, check my history. I also do not like PC. He is garbage. With that said, I do think Russ would be better without PC. Simms said it best. And he is spot on about Pete, let’s go suck ass for three quarters and then put it ALL on Russ to win us the game.

The issues are not Russ and not even our Defense. Our issue is the guy calling ALL the plays on both sides of the ball. PC has to go

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1455gxbr said:
OrangeGravy":1455gxbr said:
Scorpion05":1455gxbr said:

That’s the great thing about wrong opinions. People don’t loudly admit they’re wrong when it happens. Kind of like those who thought Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers were washed up with Belichick and Mike McCarthy.

People were saying that Russ couldn’t be a starter coming out of college. Then, they said he couldn’t read defenses. Then they said he couldn’t carry a team without a number 1 defense.

Narratives are always made up about the guy. Now you’re telling me…that the elite, advanced Pete Carroll offense, with the elite O-line, and creative modern Offense Russ has been playing in for years, is the best Russ will ever do. Lol.

No thanks. I think I’ll listen to the people outside of the PNW who watch our games, and have been complaining for YEARS how simplistic and non-QB friendly our offense is. You can believe what you want, but I’ve seen this movie before. People like yourself declare these things, and when proven wrong have nothing to say.
I have no problem admitting it if he proves me wrong. In order to do that, he'd have to go somewhere else or get a new HC here and make the playoffs just about every year and win at least 1 game in those playoffs to best what he's done here since it's been "his" team. Do that and I'll gladly admit I was wrong about him

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3c61iyxk said:
OrangeGravy":3c61iyxk said:
Scorpion05":3c61iyxk said:

And who ate these people outside the PNW that aren't either part of Russell's PR campaign or on a sports talk show where they're paid to have opposing view points so every episode is an argument meant to spark controversy to drive viewership