Something you never thought about

LTH

Reaction score
What makes you so sure that Russell Wilson would want to stay in Seattle if the Hawks fired Pete Carroll?

I would just laugh hard if they fired Pete and Russell bailed... you lose a whole organization, GM, franchise QB... from the way everybody talks it feels like you think Russell doesn't like Pete?

LTH

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I would hope the powers that be would consult Wilson during the coaching search.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1pn72wz3 said:
I would hope the powers that be would consult Wilson during the coaching search.

So basically what you are saying is your going to let Wilson pick the coach?

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am almost certain that Wilson will want to leave.

Nothing would cement his greatness like being great in TWO cities. It would erase all the playoff failures because he could pin that on being stuck in Pete's system.

BUT

We almost have no other choice.

There is no upside with Pete. There is no future but losing.

Yes, Pete built the blueprint for creating a great team out of nothing, but he stopped following his own blueprint years ago.

The only option is to give Wilson everything he wants and HOPE it is enough. It might not be.

But it might be enough for long enough to unravel the mess that Pete has created, and get us over the hump to get us a good coach and maybe let JS or another GM finally fix things.

Because without a great QB, you are NOT attracting a good coach. And if you lose JS, forget about getting a great GM opportunity with a decimated roster AND no QB.

The only option is to bet on Wilson. Because betting on Pete is betting on an aging washed-up coach that has nothing left of worth to contribute and likely only accomplished as much as he did because of Wilson.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LTH":3cbxrom1 said:
Jerhawk":3cbxrom1 said:

So basically what you are saying is your going to let Wilson pick the coach?

LTH
It will probably be something like what Manning went through in Denver. His stipulation was that he got to run the offense exactly how he wanted to run it. He got a great degree of control over the offense, he was essentially a defacto OC. In Tampa Bay it is the same exact arrangement, Brady has quite a bit of input as to who they bring in on offense. He has control over personal decisions to some degree.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":wunnt44o said:
What makes you so sure that Russell Wilson would want to stay in Seattle if the Hawks fired Pete Carroll?

I would just laugh hard if they fired Pete and Russell bailed... you lose a whole organization, GM, franchise QB... from the way everybody talks it feels like you think Russell doesn't like Pete?

LTH

Russ could still leave, but the fact is outside of you and others like you (which at this point is a minority of the fanbase), people are NOT optimistic that PC with or without RW is going to give this team the best chance at winning another SB. Others like myself preferably with Russ, but even without Russ are ready to see a different Seahawks. One that could turn out way worse than what PC has brought to the table, but perhaps one that will surpass the ceiling that PC has created for the Seahawks.

The NFL is a race with one winner, you can drive the aging Corvette that won once in the past, placed top 3 even a few times after, but since then has been finding itself getting slower and slower and among the mid pack. There are those that swear the Corvette just needs some minor maintenance and time it'll be back in the top 3 and perhaps win the race. Meanwhile the top 5 cars the last 5 years appear to do overhauls every few years. Now The option is continue to do slight maintenance to this aging corvette and just hope it will find itself back in the top 3 OR you can pick up the brand new prototype model car, could be way faster and win, could be an absolute lemon and blow up mid race. Bring me the prototype Tesla racing car.

p.s. I have thought about it, RW could totally leave, but i'd like to see the Seahawks move on from Pete.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3s4k6cqa said:
LTH":3s4k6cqa said:

LTH

Russ could still leave, but the fact is outside of you and others like you (which at this point is a minority of the fanbase), people are NOT optimistic that PC with or without RW is going to give this team the best chance at winning another SB. Others like myself preferably with Russ, but even without Russ are ready to see a different Seahawks. One that could turn out way worse than what PC has brought to the table, but perhaps one that will surpass the ceiling that PC has created for the Seahawks.

The NFL is a race with one winner, you can drive the aging Corvette that won once in the past, placed top 3 even a few times after, but since then has been finding itself getting slower and slower and among the mid pack. There are those that swear the Corvette just needs some minor maintenance and time it'll be back in the top 3 and perhaps win the race. Meanwhile the top 5 cars the last 5 years appear to do overhauls every few years. Now The option is continue to do slight maintenance to this aging corvette and just hope it will find itself back in the top 3 OR you can pick up the brand new prototype model car, could be way faster and win, could be an absolute lemon and blow up mid race. Bring me the prototype Tesla racing car.

p.s. I have thought about it, RW could totally leave, but i'd like to see the Seahawks move on from Pete.

Yeah I can see that you are ready for a different Seahawks... anything to get rid of Pete Carroll. Gut the whole organization, get rid of a franchise QB if necessary... Oh and yeah lets not forget Jody Allan crappy owner...but I guess your just kinda stuck with her?

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":2tajc3s0 said:
ZagHawk":2tajc3s0 said:
LTH":2tajc3s0 said:

LTH

Yeah I can see that you are ready for a different Seahawks... anything to get rid of Pete Carroll. Gut the whole organization, get rid of a franchise QB if necessary... Oh and yeah lets not forget Jody Allan crappy owner...but I guess your just kinda stuck with her?

LTH

You get upset that no one answers your questions, or gives any of your posts any thought. People respond with any kind of thought and your automatic defense is to act like the other person is insane and that you're the only person who sees any kind of truth. It reminds me a lot of certain people who scream how much they hate drama and toxic people, then spout out all sorts of very confrontational things, someone responds with "what is your deal? why are you even that way?" and then their immediate response will be like "OMG SEE TOXIC PEOPLE Get away from me your toxic! I cant stand toxic people, everywhere I go I'm the only sane one, everyone is so toxic".

I fault myself for falling for your posts.

BTW I'm adding you to my foe list now. THere is nothing of value I'll ever read from you and you can move on knowing i wont respond to you anymore as well. Enjoy living in your blindly optimistic bubble.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2da8tztw said:
I am almost certain that Wilson will want to leave.

Nothing would cement his greatness like being great in TWO cities. It would erase all the playoff failures because he could pin that on being stuck in Pete's system.

BUT

We almost have no other choice.

There is no upside with Pete. There is no future but losing.

Yes, Pete built the blueprint for creating a great team out of nothing, but he stopped following his own blueprint years ago.

The only option is to give Wilson everything he wants and HOPE it is enough. It might not be.

But it might be enough for long enough to unravel the mess that Pete has created, and get us over the hump to get us a good coach and maybe let JS or another GM finally fix things.

Because without a great QB, you are NOT attracting a good coach. And if you lose JS, forget about getting a great GM opportunity with a decimated roster AND no QB.

The only option is to bet on Wilson. Because betting on Pete is betting on an aging washed-up coach that has nothing left of worth to contribute and likely only accomplished as much as he did because of Wilson.

So am i understanding you that its worth losing Wilson in your mind to get rid of Pete? what does that leave you with? If you lose Pete don't you have to rebuild the entire organization? why do you think it's worth that?

Edit: better question How long do you think it would take to get the orgainization back to where it is now?

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No because the blueprint that Pete pioneered works. You don't need him to run it.

It is counterintuitive. But if you follow it, you have a team full of pro-bowlers within 3-5 years.

Even if Wilson leaves, that is true.

The problem is that Pete no longer follows his blueprint. In fact, he cannot.

Whether it is worth losing Wilson to jettison Pete? That is a hard one. Probably. But the whole point of getting rid of Pete is to see what another coach can do with Wilson. Pete is not a good coach, so just with Wilson - you should see some improvement.

What I can say for sure, is that if you keep Pete AND get rid of Wilson that is the worst possible outcome. We would literally be better with any other coach in the NFL, no hyperbole. Because Pete will not only lose, but mortgage your future on failed bets - delaying your recovery.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":36rpet60 said:
No because the blueprint that Pete pioneered works. You don't need him to run it.

It is counterintuitive. But if you follow it, you have a team full of pro-bowlers within 3-5 years.

Whether it is worth losing Wilson to jettison Pete? That is a hard one. Probably. But the whole point of getting rid of Pete is to see what another coach can do with Wilson. Pete is not a good coach, so just with Wilson - you should see some improvement.

What I can say for sure, is that if you keep Pete AND get rid of Wilson that is the worst possible outcome. We would literally be better with any other coach in the NFL, no hyperbole. Because Pete will not only lose, but mortgage your future on failed bets - delaying your recovery.

What happens if your wrong? LOL

LTH

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":xh1j1kjk said:

exactly I am pretty sure if I were the owners and were thinking of letting PC go I would talk with Wilson first.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":xi5rza4x said:

Im just trying to take a step back from my opinion and really try to understand where you are coming from...

The one thing I do know is there are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes that we know nothing about which makes it very hard for us as fans to see the big picture...

LTH

Elemas

Reaction score
Few things first. Pete has been successful here. Personally, I like his energy and positive attitude.

But, it’s time.

I would think that management would consult with Russell Wilson first. I don’t think of this as much as “letting him run things”, “picking the coach”, or anything of that nature. But, we all know who has been the most important piece to the Hawks success and his name is not Pete Carroll. This old school mentality of suppressing player input or going off the deep end when RWs agent mentions teams that Russ would be willing to go to is very dated. People act like including RW on decisions is letting a player have “too much power”. Is this like Jordan in the Last Dance? Maybe like Manning? How about Aaron Rodgers? And how do you know it wouldn’t be the right move anyways?

I believe in Russ far more than I do Pete. He’s earned his say…regardless of what anyone here thinks.

The backlash is crazy… he mentions getting sacked too much (yes, some are his fault but look at your game manager savior Geno and what he coughed up against the Saints)…and received a cold response. And we then drafted Eskridge instead of a center. Unfuxkingreal.

Hypothetical post of course. I understand. But after putting the Hawks on notice this last off-season, I know Russ can’t wait to move on from Pete. He’s just too professional to come out and embarrass Pete and/or John like that.

Pete’s gone.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
GemCity":2jee7bqj said:
Few things first. Pete has been successful here. Personally, I like his energy and positive attitude.

But, it’s time.

I would think that management would consult with Russell Wilson first. I don’t think of this as much as “letting him run things”, “picking the coach”, or anything of that nature. But, we all know who has been the most important piece to the Hawks success and his name is not Pete Carroll. This old school mentality of suppressing player input or going off the deep end when RWs agent mentions teams that Russ would be willing to go to is very dated. People act like including RW on decisions is letting a player have “too much power”. Is this like Jordan in the Last Dance? Maybe like Manning? How about Aaron Rodgers? And how do you know it wouldn’t be the right move anyways?

I believe in Russ far more than I do Pete. He’s earned his say…regardless of what anyone here thinks.

The backlash is crazy… he mentions getting sacked too much (yes, some are his fault but look at your game manager savior Geno and what he coughed up against the Saints)…and received a cold response. And we then drafted Eskridge instead of a center. Unfuxkingreal.

Hypothetical post of course. I understand. But after putting the Hawks on notice this last off-season, I know Russ can’t wait to move on from Pete. He’s just too professional to come out and embarrass Pete and/or John like that.

Pete’s gone.

How do you know that Russ can't wait to move on from Pete?

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3rqw8lgh said:

Look at whats happening to KC. The exact same thing that happened to Seattle last year... How is Reed going to adjust to that? we will see but I would imagine he is going to run the ball to bring those 2 high safteys down to play against the run...

Elemas

Reaction score
LTH":1q1vgq5q said:
GemCity":1q1vgq5q said:

But, it’s time.

Pete’s gone.

LTH

I feel like he’s handcuffed Russ and the offense way too long…and they know it. But, you’re right. It’s just a deep, gut feeling I had. It’s the same feeling I had with LJ over Sweat and picking Penny over Chubb. Old username is Elemas (lost pe..couldn’t retrieve).

John63

Reaction score
GemCity":2p5o3jc0 said:
LTH":2p5o3jc0 said:
GemCity":2p5o3jc0 said:

But, it’s time.

Pete’s gone.

LTH

I feel like he’s handcuffed Russ and the offense way too long…and they know it. But, you’re right. It’s just a deep, gut feeling I had. It’s the same feeling I had with LJ over Sweat and picking Penny over Chubb. Old username is Elemas (lost pe..couldn’t retrieve).

Well actually in another thread Greg Olsen who played here says that exact things. AS does Chris Simms and a lot of other experts

xray

Reaction score
WTF...if they all left we would have practically a new team to build and--advance--and succeed in a few seasons . That's what is fun . New could be refreshing . example...the Jags and their fans are having a blast this season .

Elemas

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, I somewhat understand Pete’s philosophy on ground and pound. It does take balance. In no way am I advocating “Let Russ Cook” or whatever that mess was about but, when you’re running dives into a stacked box with 9 defenders (last game vs Saints who were the #2 ranked run D) or that playoff game against Dallas a few years back, you’re exuding pure stubbornness or poor decision making. Hate to bring this back up but, regardless of what the NEs D was expecting, 31 other teams would’ve ran the ball with Lynch in the backfield. It’s almost like we choose to do what most others wouldn’t dare do. Sometimes it works…I guess.

The lack of trust would wear on me as a player. Definitely as a QB. Definitely on a guy like DK. It’s almost as if we don’t want to play to our strengths…but we’ll run our #2 back up the middle all day for 1 yard a pop and even send Penny through there (who truly belongs on primarily on screens and the edge).

Turnovers suck..,no doubt. But if the fear of them drives your playcalling to be what we’re seeing here as of late….

Rambling now. It’s just hard to watch. And I imagine, even harder to play in.