Excellent article on the value of trading Wilson.

flv

Reaction score
The article is entitled "Why Russell Wilson’s salary is not holding back the Seahawks"...and that's what the article is about. The article's author is of the opinion that the Seahawks shouldn't trade Wilson - full stop. It doesn't give an opinion on what his value would be, or should be, in a trade.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
My title is correct your simply misreading it. The article is evaluating whether or not trading Wilson is the right move for the franchise moving forward. My title is not how much would the Seahawks get in a trade for Russ but rather is that the right move.
In other words will keeping Russ or trading Russ hold more value for the Seahaks.

John63

Reaction score
Natethegreat":108apq7a said:
My title is correct your simply misreading it. The article is evaluating whether or not trading Wilson is the right move for the franchise moving forward. My title is not how much would the Seahawks get in a trade for Russ but rather is that the right move.
In other words will keeping Russ or trading Russ hold more value for the Seahaks.

I think the title is a little misleading perhaps it should have been more like "Excellent article on the value of trading or not trading Wilson."

OR better how about the title of the article itself "Why Russell Wilson’s salary is not holding back the Seahawks"

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The whole premise is ridiculous. Russ is an elite QB. You can't win consistently in this league without an elite QB. Finding another elite QB will be very difficult and will take many years and lots of luck.

Next.

John63

Reaction score
Tusc2000":j3kxe6km said:
The whole premise is ridiculous. Russ is an elite QB. You can't win consistently in this league without an elite QB. Finding another elite QB will be very difficult and will take many years and lots of luck.

Next.

I agree and the article actually supports that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":23nm1ix0 said:

Next.

Totally True!!!

Finding 'that guy' and training him so he is a reliable force for team success isn't as easy as some think.

All we need to do is to look at Cleveland's sorry history of almost horrific failure after failure to find the guy as they burned through very early draft pick to do so and the pay some loser before they found their guy or at least a player who could become their guy. Their attempts became a sorry joke. Many other teams have had similar problems. Having early first round picks and using them is no certain thing when looking for 'that guy'.

When you have a franchise QB of elite talent you hold onto the player and attempt to surround him with enough talent to get the job done.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3uj0zanc said:

Next.

Some team is going to get very lucky in the off season, and we will bottom dwellers again. This will make many here very happy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
After reading that article?, yeah? the title should read>> ;) "Excellent article on how STUPID it would be to trade Wilson".

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Natethegreat":158kon3d said:

Seriously, STFU.

Latest posts