Interesting opportunities for the offensive line

Jville

Reaction score
The left tackle has been under the weather. Left guard rotation could carry over because of shoulder health. Carroll indicated there will be a rotation of sorts at center. And, the right tackle has been hampered with an ankle injury.

We could see less in the way of the quarterback holding on to the ball this week as that was a coaching point during the week. If realized, that should limit the number of unplanned extended plays and thus help minimize drive killing holding penalties.

Looking forward to seeing the inactive list.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1454881806583431173[/tweet]

I count 8 offensive linemen active for this game.

Kyle Fuller & Ethan Pocic
Gabe Jackson & Damien Lewis
Duane Brown & Jamarco Jones & Brandon Shell & Jake Curhan

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Apparently, a need for better communication is a reason for getting Pocic back on the field. Not that they aren't committed to the continuing development of Fuller. Should be instructive.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Ethan Pocic had an impact on the offense. His line calls settled down the line and minimized recent protection confusion. Clearly that is an over looked and underlining factor in the success that Geno Smith had with the Jaguars game. Having someone calling proper protections allowed Geno to focus on throwing with confidence and accuracy. Made a huge difference.

Well done Ethan. :2thumbs: Well done.

seabowl

Reaction score
Jville":18cm6stu said:
Ethan Pocic had an impact on the offense. His line calls settled down the line and minimized recent protection confusion. Clearly that is an over looked and underlining factor in the success that Geno Smith had with the Jaguars game. Having someone calling proper protections allowed Geno to focus on throwing with confidence and accuracy. Made a huge difference.

Well done Ethan. :2thumbs: Well done.

Hindsight is 20/20 but many of us were calling for Creed Humphrey (center out of OK) with the Hawks first pick. He was chosen by the Chiefs and is playing at a Pro-Bowl level via PFF (84.4).

Eskridge better come back and play lights out.

balakoth

Reaction score
I find it interesting hiis overall is listed as 84.4 when basic elementary math says his average is 73.53 from per game totals and thats only because of one game considered "Played Great" at 90, everything else 70 60s 50s. PFF is the bane of our statistical existence I swear.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1455258203285905409[/tweet]

........................................ making good progress.

seabowl

Reaction score
balakoth":33qxc360 said:
I find it interesting hiis overall is listed as 84.4 when basic elementary math says his average is 73.53 from per game totals and thats only because of one game considered "Played Great" at 90, everything else 70 60s 50s. PFF is the bane of our statistical existence I swear.

Whatever the case I still would have rather had him than Eskridge and so would you and virtually everyone else on this board.