If PC were to.....

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
If Pete Carrol would, next year, get with JS and bust KNJ back to LB coach or fire him, and go out and hire a world class OC and DC more 'modern football minds', and step back, handle drafting and 'morale' of the team, I'd see it as a potentially 'winning formula'. I don't think Pete has 'lost it' as a coach, but yes, his schemes have become predictable, and easily beatable. Add in the fresh talent on both sides as coordinators, and I think we could win, with Pete.

IDK if Pete's ego would ever allow it, but I just don't see our only SuperbOwl coach getting "fired" while under contract.

I do think we're too quick to dismiss what Pete brings, because the Xs and Os are 'stale' and we're seeing the lack of success that comes with that. Still I think some fresh young talent at the coordinator positions, running the show, with Pete overseeing it all, I do think a successful formula could be readily achieved. As I said, not confident Pete's ego would allow for such moves, but as a fan, I can dream (since Pete's firing is so unlikely). :stirthepot:

Jville

Reaction score
So they are interviewing Mike Holmgren on the pregame show as this was posted. And game day kick off is in less than an hour.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Jville":1xpsp77e said:
So they are interviewing Mike Holmgren on the pregame show as this was posted. And game day kick off is in less than an hour.

So?

I am out of bandwidth. Overshot last month, can't watch anything without running out, until tomorrow. I am planning to listen on the radio. Will be less painful if things go wrong against a 1-5 team. Will not be fun being a rung down from the Jags (if such should happen).

Plus what have you fgot against discussing our team and it's staff? Isn't that the point of a message board?

Jville

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":2wfixi89 said:
Jville":2wfixi89 said:

So?

I am out of bandwidth. Overshot last month, can't watch anything without running out, until tomorrow. I am planning to listen on the radio. Will be less painful if things go wrong against a 1-5 team. Will not be fun being a rung down from the Jags (if such should happen).

Plus what have you fgot against discussing our team and it's staff? Isn't that the point of a message board?

Nothing wrong with topic. Just thought the timing was odd given all the current events and multiple interviews on game day.

By all means carry on if that off season topic is your priority.

P.S. they just finished up with a Pete Carroll interview.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Jville":2zwlkxjt said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":2zwlkxjt said:
Jville":2zwlkxjt said:

So?

Nothing wrong with topic. Just thought the timing was odd given all the current events and multiple interviews on game day.

By all means carry on if that off season topic is your priority.

P.S. they just finished up with a Pete Carroll interview.

I caught the tail of that on KIRO, unfortunately. Nothing was ever gained by listening to a PC or RW interview. Nobody can say less with more pretty ra ra words than those guys.

Don't get me wrong, I love RW the player, but RW the media personality, is as phony as a $3. That's fine, doesn't make me hate the guy, he's got that right, but I prefer not to hear either PC or RW interviewed. Nobody does "football political correctness" more completely than those two. God help me a Brett Favre interview is worlds more interesting.....

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Since USC, Pete has had a problem hiring adequate coordinators.

So if we fired KNJ, we would likely just get someone terrible to replace him OR get someone good that Pete's meddling produced the same results as terrible.

Part of this is Pete not letting his coordinators thrive, but most of it is that Pete likely promotes people to coordinator based on factors that have little to nothing to do with on-field success.

So, I doubt it would matter.

The only advantage is that KNJ is literally terrible and always has been. So that means that when given some chances to try to overcome Pete, he is going to underperform.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2lc3md21 said:
Since USC, Pete has had a problem hiring adequate coordinators.

So if we fired KNJ, we would likely just get someone terrible to replace him OR get someone good that Pete's meddling produced the same results as terrible.

Part of this is Pete not letting his coordinators thrive, but most of it is that Pete likely promotes people to coordinator based on factors that have little to nothing to do with on-field success.

So, I doubt it would matter.

The only advantage is that KNJ is literally terrible and always has been. So that means that when given some chances to try to overcome Pete, he is going to underperform.

Pete has always effectively been the DC. That will never change. His biggest success with an OC was when he first started at USC and hired Norm Chow. After 4 years, the relationship soured because Chow was having conflicts with his proteges, Kiffin and Sarkisian, and Chow was nudged out. Still, the O kept putting up big numbers for a few more seasons.

Note that great OCs are not so easy to come by -- and the salary cap complicates matters, as has some of our sub-par drafts, and less-than-terrific trades. Even if Pete found the next Sean McVay, there's no guarantee he'd be hitting home runs here. There are other issues that have gotten in the way.