Seahawks VERY ALIVE in the Wild Card Race

W

Welshers

1 & 1/2 games back from the last WC right now. Let's assume the Saints and Cardinals/Rams get the first 2 spots. Competing for the last WC spot we are very much alive. The tiebreaker situation isn't as bad as people are saying. We don't have the tiebreaker vs Minny, but it's very conceivable they don't finish well. Tough schedule left for them.

We still play Bears, Texans, Lions, Washington and 49ers again. All very winnable. Win all those and win one of the GB, LA, or 2 AZ games and the Seahawks can have a 9-8 season. Very conceivable to get the last wild card. Things could go even better than that as well. This team is very live. Get in and anything can happen. Don't throw in the towel yet.

Stud

Reaction score
And it only took beating the worst team in the leauge to do so!!!!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Stud":hdpvqrwl said:
And it only took beating the worst team in the leauge to do so!!!!
The Lions are objectively (by record) the worst team in the league, not the Jags. Also, the Seahawks beat the Jags more convincingly and held them to less points than anyone else did all year. It was a good outcome, like it or not.

That's with us coming off a short week and them a bye.

Rat

Reaction score
Is there some kind of monetary award you're hoping to get with all these threads? They're getting cringy.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Rat":165uqgig said:
Is there some kind of monetary award you're hoping to get with all these threads? They're getting cringy.
Buddy if you haven't noticed this place isn't very active anymore. I don't see them harm in someone trying to get some discussion going. I happen to be someone who is not all doom and gloom yet and still believes in this team. Not sure why that makes you guys so mad.

Rat

Reaction score
Welshers":2vcj5cws said:
Rat":2vcj5cws said:
Buddy if you haven't noticed this place isn't very active anymore. I don't see them harm in someone trying to get some discussion going. I happen to be someone who is not all doom and gloom yet and still believes in this team. Not sure why that makes yoau guys so mad.
Optimism is fine. Your posts are so frequent and over-the-top, that they dont even sound like they're trying to generate discussion. It feels more like you want to convince yourself of something or want to be recognized as the best superfan or something. Like that one last week where you said that we're still the favorites to win the NFC West? Come on...

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Rat":2dk5489q said:
Welshers":2dk5489q said:
Rat":2dk5489q said:
Buddy if you haven't noticed this place isn't very active anymore. I don't see them harm in someone trying to get some discussion going. I happen to be someone who is not all doom and gloom yet and still believes in this team. Not sure why that makes you guys so mad.
Optimism is fine. Your posts are so frequent and over-the-top, that they dont even sound like they're trying to generate discussion. It feels more like you want to convince yourself of something or want to be recognized as the best superfan or something.
When did I ever ask for any type of recognition LOL? That's a pretty weird angle man. I'm just trying to bring my opinion and some optimism. There is a lot of doom and gloom here. And I am not one of those guys who goes and hates on the doom and gloomers either. Everyone has a right to their opinion and that's fine. I've also posted some critical stuff. But the fact is I think this team is still alive. And mathematically they are not eliminated from championship contention yet. I don't care if anyone recognizes me or not. Just like to bring my opinion. It's funny because I leave the doomers alone but they sure like to come at me for being overly positive.

toffee

Reaction score
If the Hawks makes the playoff, some folks on dot net would be very disappointed. Pete should win the coach if the year which is against the Fire Pete movement.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Mizak

Reaction score
The game against Chicago might be very important for both teams regarding Wildcard position if Hawks go on a winning streak.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks have had a brutal schedule first half of the season. New Orleans just beat the crap out of Brady and Bucs. The Titans are 6-2 (beat the Bills and Chiefs), the Steelers look like they have suddenly found themselves at 4-3, the Saints are 5-2, and the Rams 7-1 - tied for first place in the division. 4 of their 5 losses to all winning teams. All were 2020 playoff teams too. They lost 3 of those 4 by FG.

With that said, hopefully they play much better in the next 9 games remaining.

LTH

Reaction score
This was a great win for the Hawks... I know people are going to say well it was only Jacksonville but... the Hawks dominated... they did what they were supposed to do... This was a nice confidence builder... it was a foundation to build on feels like the D has played well in the last 3 games... feels like they have turned the corner lets see what happens against Green Bay and AZ..

Got to give Geno some props he played well better than what I thought he was going to play... Welshers is right It's not over yet the Hawks have not given up... get ready for a really nice comeback season...

LTH

Ruminator

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but this is a weird year in the NFL. Maybe it's partly because watching the Seahawks is eerily like watching the Mariners.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1454955680872288262[/tweet]

......................... posted this for our nerdy friends

Rat

Reaction score
I'm certainly not saying this victory should be dismissed. It was great. Regardless of the strength of opponent, it was a short week, coming off an emotionally-draining loss on national tv, and the win was absolutely thorough: we dominated in nearly every aspect. This was exactly what we needed to do, and it could end up saving the season.

But what does it mean for the rest of the season? Is this team back on the playoff track we all expected before the year started? Kinda hard to tell from this game. It was a home win against arguably the league's worst team (personally, I'd put them second-worst after the Texans, even though the Texans beat them earlier this year), coming from across the country, with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach who looks way in over his head, and they lost their best player after four early carries. This wasn't exactly some epic triumph over adversity.

The bye week is coming at the right time. Unfortunately, our next game is at Lambeau against a Packers team on a seven-game winning streak, led by the reigning league MVP, and they just beat a 7-0 team without their top three wideouts (who are all expected back against us), top two corners, and two starting offensive linemen. Their head coach just set the NFL record for best winning percentage of all-time in their first 40 games. That is brutal.

And we HOPE we're getting our star QB back for it. And if Russ does return, we HOPE there won't be any lingering issues with his injury, but we really don't know. Russ has never even won at Lambeau healthy, and this is the first time in his career he has had to miss games.

A win would be absolutely incredible going forward, but this team will have to play a perfect game most likely. And I don't know that we can really afford the loss because the 3-5 start gives us so little margin of error. Realistically, we have to go no worse than 7-2 the rest of the way to maybe make the playoffs. We lose to the Pack, and suddenly that's 7-1 at worst we can be over the last eight games.

Season is nowhere near over, but I can't get on board with either extreme on the confidence spectrum.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
A game we should have won of course but certainly didn’t think it was going to come as easily as it did. Not saying there isn’t glaring issues with coaching decisions at times but for everyone casting off Pete this team has never once packed it up and mailed it in. When down 14-0 at Pitt they could have came up and gave up yet fought all the way back to get to OT and had a chance to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yeah, we're alive but still behind the 8 ball since we play GB next, hopefully with RW back, & still play in the toughest division in football.

All the dominoes would still need to fall almost perfectly for us to make it but all things are possible when your QB is Russell Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":2b3dayej said:
Welshers":2b3dayej said:
Rat":2b3dayej said:
Buddy if you haven't noticed this place isn't very active anymore. I don't see them harm in someone trying to get some discussion going. I happen to be someone who is not all doom and gloom yet and still believes in this team. Not sure why that makes yoau guys so mad.
Optimism is fine. Your posts are so frequent and over-the-top, that they dont even sound like they're trying to generate discussion. It feels more like you want to convince yourself of something or want to be recognized as the best superfan or something. Like that one last week where you said that we're still the favorites to win the NFC West? Come on...
Why the Buzz Kill, Rat, did somebody pee in your cheerios? :17:

keasley45

Reaction score
scutterhawk":iv1k9o1d said:
Rat":iv1k9o1d said:
Welshers":iv1k9o1d said:
Rat":iv1k9o1d said:
Why the Buzz Kill, Rat, did somebody pee in your cheerios? :17:

Seriously. We're 3 - 5 but have lost against some pretty strong teams at a period when we were struggling to get on track.

Titans, Saints, Rams, Steelers - nothing there to sneeze at and again, we plaid badly and were without Wilson for 3 and Carson for 4.

And it's not as though the teams were competing against for the wildcard are lighting it up. 2nd half is easier, save for the games within the division, and doesn't matter what the records say, they're always up for grabs- we should have won the Rams game.

PNW

Reaction score
Loved the win and the fight our team has but the Jags put up zero fight and basically conceded from the get go.....do we not remember finishing strong last year and getting bounced out of the playoffs right away? I love the optimism but I’m not sure how we even make it to the playoffs let alone win a game against a playoff team. Greenbay will be a good test to gauge where we actually stand. I’m looking forward to that test.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's how you win and or lose, today the Seahawks looked like they were dominant in all aspects and inflicted their will on the Jags, that's what good teams do, now the question is do they continue with that mind set or play it safe and just good enough and hope to be in a position to win in the 4th or take control of the game and don't look back.

Even losing if your playing your game and make an opponent have to play high risk to win it's not as bad as looking like your not equal to them on the field as far as coaching and playing.