On side kick

PNW

Reaction score
I haven’t seen one returned for a TD like that in a while, sweet play to see.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Homer's always been a valuable player. He's a "glue" player - he has a great feel for the small details that contribute to a successful team.

Is he the best pure rusher? No.
Is he the fastest? No.
Best hands? No.

But he is quite possibly the best pass blocking back in the league. In the conversation, certainly. He's a special teams beast. To top it all off, he's become SERIOUSLY shredded over the years and has a monstrous physique now. You need these guys on your team.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Homer had two of the best blitz pickups I've ever seen by a Hawks running back against the Jags. He looked like Michael Westbrook. It was glorious.

LTH

Reaction score
Ive never seen a play like that before...that I can remember... that's 2 plays this year that were just fantastic! one being the double punt...

and I have to say that I think we should expect some more surprise plays from special teams... wouldn't surprise me at all.

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3v6aivp9 said:
That was a sweet play. Homer is really stepping up this year
Hmm, so, would you say that you are becoming a big Homer..........................................Homer? :irishdrinkers:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2be09lg9 said:
Homer's always been a valuable player. He's a "glue" player - he has a great feel for the small details that contribute to a successful team.

Is he the fastest? No.
Best hands? No.

But he is quite possibly the best pass blocking back in the league. In the conversation, certainly. He's a special teams beast. To top it all off, he's become SERIOUSLY shredded over the years and has a monstrous physique now. You need these guys on your team.

Surprisingly, WRONG! Homer has at times been the fastest player in the game!
There was one week, on a fake punt run, where Travis Homer reached the highest TOP SPEED of any player in that game. I was surprised to learn a few days later that Homer's outburst was the second highest top speed reached by any NFL ball-carrier in the NFL that week, only one WR was faster. The SI link below has the speed ranking info, including a video.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/ro ... r-seahawks
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/12/2/20 ... trick-play

OK, so it's kind of a technicality, and Homer is not exactly going to run down DK Metcalf, but Homer being the #2 top speed guy in the NFL that week surprised the hell out of me.

Once I saw he had a step on his pursuers on that onside kick, I knew he'd score unless someone somehow made a diving shoestring tackle that tripped him up.

More impressive has been seeing Homer actually break tackles as a running back. I don't recall EVER seeing him break ANY tackle prior to this season's Pittsburgh game.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
There are posters on this very site that have stated unequivocally that Homer didn't belong on an NFL active roster ever.

Jville

Reaction score
I watched that play again today.

Travis Homer got small and low and slipped thru a gap. Showcased excellent skills.

LTH

Reaction score
Jville":3rvcwj4y said:

Travis Homer got small and low and slipped thru a gap. Showcased excellent skills.

It's really cool that they are using special teams as a weapon... I want to see more of that kinda stuff... I know they practice it... might as well take advantage any where u can.

Edit: By the way that's a good example of smart coaching and putting players in position to be successful.

LTH

Jville

Reaction score
LTH":sza70h0z said:
Jville":sza70h0z said:

It's really cool that they are using special teams as a weapon... I want to see more of that kinda stuff... I know they practice it... might as well take advantage any where u can.

Edit: By the way that's a good example of smart coaching and putting players in position to be successful.

LTH

I love how the Seahawks look for role players that offer explosive plays and have an impact.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3qijy9u3 said:

Is he the fastest? No.
Best hands? No.

Excellent points on Homer. Agreed. :2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Homer is the absolute best at picking up a rusher or in pass pro of any of our RB.

It isn't even close.

LTH

Reaction score
well in this next game I'm looking for a fake punt...or some big play on special teams...I just feel it's going to happen...

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1878dl16 said:
Homer is the absolute best at picking up a rusher or in pass pro of any of our RB.

It isn't even close.

He's frankly incredible at it. He's got the blocking prowess of an old school H-back.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
More Homer less Penny please.

More Homer as 3rd down back - Pass pro on the blitz, or catch passes out of the backfield.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Homer is keeping DJ on the bench, which is meaningful because I think they'd like to see more of Dallas.

The thing about Penny is that in previous seasons he has been effective when healthy. This season he's missed a ton of time in a brand new offense and looks like he doesn't know what is going on. It's reasonable to expect him to improve over the next couple of weeks as he gets a chance to catch up. Benching him now would be buying high and selling low.