OBJ a good fit for Seattle?

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Odell Beckham Jr was released by the Browns this morning. He seems like the type of player that Pete can keep on track. Hopefully we make a move for him.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
OBJ isn’t that good, still reaping the fame of a phenomenal catch a few years ago. Do you really think he’ll accept WR3 duties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mizak

Reaction score
Oh great, another WR that DK looks up to.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here we go, getting mad at the Hawks for something that likely won't happen :mrgreen:

The Browns are paying all but 1 mil of his salary. Someone is going to swoop him up. His 2022 and 2023 salary isn't guaranteed. So, you'd be getting him for the rest of 2021 for 1 mil.
Not saying I want him here or not, but to act like he isn't still a good player? Come on.
And if he can help the team win, I couldn't care less if people dislike him or not. It should be about winning, he can help. That being said, would Pete actually let Waldron use his skills accordingly, or would he hamstring the offense by butting in? Because you know, we have to do things his way. Even if the opponent is adjusting accordingly :?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You pick him up because these kinds of reclamation projects are one of the few things that Carroll can still do well.

Check w Wilson, Metcalf, and Lockett - but if they are for it, then you do it.

We need all the help we can get.

Getting a former star receiver for only $1M would be a gift.

seabowl

Reaction score
AKNFidel":3t7fhsd1 said:
OBJ isn’t that good, still reaping the fame of a phenomenal catch a few years ago. Do you really think he’ll accept WR3 duties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Take off the glove and he has no shot at making that catch. Could you imagine if Largent or Rice had the gloves that they have today?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You can't actually believe he's not a good player. I don't really like the guy that much, but sports don't work that way.
I couldn't stand Ricky Watters before he came to Seattle. Funny how quickly I got over it when I saw how good he was. And he turned out to NOT be nearly the locker room killer that people made him out to be.
1 mil for a guy as good as ODB? Add that to DK and Lockett? Holy hell. Pick your poison.
I want the team to win, that doesn't mean everyone has to be a choir boy.
But, what do I know? I'm just a homer who supposedly thinks Russ can do no wrong, wears my pom poms and is "content" with just making the playoffs. :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No thanks.

IMO Lockett and DK already don't get enough targets, they should be the #1 WR tandem in the entire league with how good they are.

So add in a malcontent who also wants more balls? No thanks.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I don't think Detroit, Miami, Houston, Jacksonville, Jets, Washington, and Philly are all going to pass on him only having to pick up $1 million for the rest of the season. They're all ahead of the Seahawks right now. I think the waiver list will change slightly after the games next week when he's probably going to be in the right status. Also note that the Giants are on that list but seems like they would pass.

Even if he falls to the Seahawks in the waiver wire, you have to balance someone who has that much talent/ability for only $1 million for the rest of the season with no commitment versus his desires and previous behavior. Supposedly he's not happy with his targets/snaps nor playing in a smaller market. I don't see the target/snaps being there to make him happy given that this team already has two Pro Bowl caliber receivers already starting.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Hell NO!! Don’t need another Diva on this team. He is a one catch wonder who can’t stay healthy. Waste of money and roster spot. This team has way bigger needs right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Feels like one of those things where if they do it, great. If not, that's fine too.
He can help the team win, good enough.
But, IF they sign him, a bunch of people will say the Hawks are stupid for bringing in this Diva etc. And, if they DON'T sign him, a bunch of people will say they are stupid and/or don't want to do what it takes to win.

Very 12 like.
The Bucs had no problems bringing in a guy with a TON of baggage last year. Shoot, Brady had the guy living at his house. Not many even batted an eye. Yet, just the thought of Russ wanting him here made people blast him for it.

Chapow

Reaction score
Are there enough targets to go around to keep him happy?

Sure doesn't seem like it.

The offense is already being pretty heavily criticized for underutilizing the guys we already have, so lets bring in a guy that we know will be unhappy if he doesn't get the targets he feels like he's entitled too. Sounds great.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":348dky21 said:
No thanks.

IMO Lockett and DK already don't get enough targets, they should be the #1 WR tandem in the entire league with how good they are.

So add in a malcontent who also wants more balls? No thanks.

I agree with Sgt largent..

But if anything I would bring in some O line depth.. I think the Hawks are ok with there starting group but after that it gets a bit dicey...

That's the one area I really wish they would shore up...they need to be great there... its hard enough trying to block Aaron D and company but now with the addition of Miller... that's a scary group...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, I'm a lot more concerned about the coaching of this team than I am how he feels about targets etc.
This team seems to RARELY adjust to the opponent. Coaching is a real legit issue with this team. It's just maddening. Case in point: Running the ball 8 straight times, against the #2 run defense in the league, right up the gut. And why? Because that's how we do it here. Pete and his coaching staff get outcoached almost every game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Beckham would be a good grab. He's an upgrade over any WR3 on the roster, Eskridge included. OBJ could have the impact Antonio Brown had for the Bucs last season. They were a middling team until AB signed with them on Oct 27 2020.

With this said, I still believe the Seahawks need to add to their interior DL. Geno Atkins or Kawann Short would be more significant additions to the team. Either one would upgrade the DL instantly. Before the trade deadline I saw a rumor that the Eagles were open to offers on Fletcher Cox. I was hoping that PC/JS would inquire and somehow get a deal for him. But it was a pipe dream.

rjdriver

Reaction score
ESPN is listing the teams he should go to as the follows: (from a couple different videos)

1. GB
2. LAR
3. LV
4.NE

So I'm confused...can he sign with anyone like a FA, or does he have to do the waiver wire thing going from bottom to top?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bottom to top. Sounds like we won't hear anything until Monday. He can't go where he wants unless he clears wavers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rjdriver":ooe82v94 said:
ESPN is listing the teams he should go to as the follows: (from a couple different videos)

1. GB
2. LAR
3. LV
4.NE

So I'm confused...can he sign with anyone like a FA, or does he have to do the waiver wire thing going from bottom to top?

If he's claimed, then that team has to pick up the remainder of his contract, which only has like 1M of guaranteed money anymore, but still has like 7-8M of salary this year.

If not one claims him, THEN he can sign with anyone as a free agent.

So it's possible he will slide pretty far down the waiver wire until a playoff contender is willing to spend 7-8M on a rent a WR for the remainder of this year.