Eskridge changed number over injuries

Tokadub

Reaction score
https://wmubroncos.com/news/2020/10/23/football-new-number-new-d-wayne-eskridge.aspx

"I've had seven since my freshman year and it was back-to-back injuries every single year. So I thought, 2020, new D'Wayne Eskridge, New Number," said Eskridge. "I felt it was the right move to do and now I just have to put my best foot forward to live up to the No.1 jersey."

Eskridge LITERALLY changed his number over superstitions of how he has had "back-to back injuries EVERY SINGLE YEAR"...

I'm sorry but I can't feel excited about this guy, he lost vision and missed multiple weeks THE FIRST TIME HE EVER TOOK A SOLID NFL HIT...

Let's be honest it did not look like a brutal hit, this man is brittle as hell.

He seems to be super injury prone which begs the question why did we draft him so early when he's already undersized and injury prone???

Someone seems to be on drugs with our draft choices tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

seabowl

Reaction score
Tokadub":1fue2phl said:
https://wmubroncos.com/news/2020/10/23/football-new-number-new-d-wayne-eskridge.aspx

"I've had seven since my freshman year and it was back-to-back injuries every single year. So I thought, 2020, new D'Wayne Eskridge, New Number," said Eskridge. "I felt it was the right move to do and now I just have to put my best foot forward to live up to the No.1 jersey."

Eskridge LITERALLY changed his number over superstitions of how he has had "back-to back injuries EVERY SINGLE YEAR"...

I'm sorry but I can't feel excited about this guy, he lost vision and missed multiple weeks THE FIRST TIME HE EVER TOOK A SOLID NFL HIT...

He seems to be super injury prone which begs the question why did we draft him so early when he's already undersized and injury prone???

We drafted him to piss off me and many other folks on .Net who wanted to draft Creed Humphrey who would have been PERFECT to plug in at the center spot.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
seabowl":cpzayscd said:
Tokadub":cpzayscd said:

We drafted him to piss off me and many other folks on .Net who wanted to draft Creed Humphrey who would have been PERFECT to plug in at the center spot.

Yeah, we heard it in the 18 other threads that aren't about Creed Humphrey.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Considering his luck so far in the NFL, he may want to consider changing his number again.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I thought the hit was pretty tough. Right in the earhole if I remember.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Eskridge didn't need to change his number superstitiously... I've been fine-tuning my gameday wear and it's getting closer every week.

It's only weird if it doesn't work.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TreeRon":29nz47o1 said:
I thought the hit was pretty tough. Right in the earhole if I remember.
It also looked like his head bounced off the turf as well, so he may have gotten the double whammy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2vd8qckv said:
That hit was the flipper that pinballed the back of his head of the sideline hard pack.
The OP is just another negative impact clickbait hit job.
Sideline hard pack?I was at the game and from where I was the sidelines look the same
as the field..I may be missing something perhaps?
This is something we all should know by now is PC drafts some soft players
That's not their fault and they have talent but being injured is one of those.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Sideline areas are nearly always firmer than the playing field. 53 guys and staff constantly tromping along that area for the entire game doesn't help.
I don't give any consideration to numbers changing unless they are performance stats. I do care about Eskridge changing from injured to 100% healthy. The guy possesses game changing talent if he is healthy to play.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That hit was the flipper that pinballed the back of his head of the sideline hard pack.
The OP is just another negative impact clickbait hit job.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, eh? In hindsight, Tokadub absolutely nailed this one.
Actually not even broken clock, Tokadub brought the receipts with a sourced quote from Eskridge about his own injury history.
How did Pete, John, and Scouts not factor in Eskridge's injury proclivity and maybe target him in a later round? Some players bodies are just not built to hold up to NFL demands for speed and violence. Paul Richardson, Dee Eskridge, Brian Bosworth, CJ Prosise, and many, many more.

Is it that Pete & Co are overconfident that they can overcome injury-prone players issues through the wizardry of their strength & conditioning coaches? So they discount college injury history?

keasley45

Reaction score
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, eh? In hindsight, Tokadub absolutely nailed this one.
Actually not even broken clock, Tokadub brought the receipts with a sourced quote from Eskridge about his own injury history.
How did Pete, John, and Scouts not factor in Eskridge's injury proclivity and maybe target him in a later round? Some players bodies are just not built to hold up to NFL demands for speed and violence. Paul Richardson, Dee Eskridge, Brian Bosworth, CJ Prosise, and many, many more.

Is it that Pete & Co are overconfident that they can overcome injury-prone players issues through the wizardry of their strength & conditioning coaches? So they discount college injury history?

Eskridge was a Waldron selection, made specifically for an aspect of an offense he wanted (wants) to run. The only significant injury noted online in college is a collarbone break his senior year. I can't find anything about a chronic injury history that contributed to him missing playing time in college. Doesn't mean there weren't any. Just none that i coukd find. Maybe he eas talking about superstition around injuries he had to play through?

And a bone break isn't the kind if thing that woukd raise a red flag.

Everything about him since hes been here though... bright red.

Still pulling for him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Eskridge was a Waldron selection, made specifically for an aspect of an offense he wanted (wants) to run. The only significant injury noted online in college is a collarbone break his senior year. I can't find anything about a chronic injury history that contributed to him missing playing time in college. Doesn't mean there weren't any. Just none that i coukd find. Maybe he eas talking about superstition around injuries he had to play through?

And a bone break isn't the kind if thing that woukd raise a red flag.

Everything about him since hes been here though... bright red.

Still pulling for him.
Thank you for the analysis, Waldron selection. That explains a lot. Means it's Waldron as much or more than Pete that needs to refine his draft vision. Pete being Pete would tend to go along with his assistants' strongly expressed desires on draft day. I think they've improved their vetting process for high-round draft picks since then, to where they wouldn't consider a guy like Eskridge in rounds 1/2/3 now. 7th rounder Kenny Mac and UDFA Matt Landers have better stories, and tape of success against top-level college competition. I really like Landers story, going from Georgia down to Toledo to get reps, then up to Arkansas to "prove it", and showed major progress and success against really good competition.

Yes, I'm still pulling for Eskridge as well. I'd guess he's down to his last chance before relegation to XFL/Arena/USFL/CFL or whatever leagues are operating.
Someone said Eskridge better learn to spell "Saskatchewan", and I replied that the NFL has been a "Rough Ride" for him, which nobody got even a chuckle out of. Saskatchewan's CFL team is the "Roughriders"...

If it comes down to Eskridge or Landers for a roster spot, right now I'm on team UDFA Landers...

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Someone said Eskridge better learn to spell "Saskatchewan", and I replied that the NFL has been a "Rough Ride" for him, which nobody got even a chuckle out of. Saskatchewan's CFL team is the "Roughriders"...

Haha!

Yeah. The draft selection by committee approach has been abandoned, in favor of a 'fill the cupboards' with badasses that coordinators can utilize to max potential, approach.

I understand what Pete was trying to do, but you can't always get to the finish line holding hands and singing songs. Sometimes it's best for leadership to just say what's what and correct things with a heavier hand before they get too far off track.

With Dee. His career will come down to the next 9 weeks. Hoping that talent that everyone is talking about has a chance to show itself.

I'm cool with giving him that much time.

seabowl

Reaction score
Pete and John should bring Eskridge into the part of the building that houses the “could’ve been“ hall. There they should point out the pictures on the wall of CJ Prosise, Penny, Bosworth, Percy Harvin, etc and say “son, you keep this up this is where you’re going to end up at“.

Last edited: