Smellyman

Reaction score
tear it down.

Pete and/or RW is done.

Pete is definitely done.

RW magic will never be again.

irfuben32

Reaction score
unfortunately the RW injury will be enough an excuse to give Pete another year.

That being said, I would love to get rid of Pete and KNJ.

Keep Russell and turn the offense completely over to Waldron

find some young hungry DC

hawkfannj

Reaction score
One year too late . Major cuts need to happen Wagner brown and shell come to mind possibly Pete himself It’s look like he’s lost control of it

K

K.J WRIGHT

Too late....they gave two first round picks and a third.....we're screwed for the next 5 years min.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
irfuben32":1izacwpt said:
unfortunately the RW injury will be enough an excuse to give Pete another year.

That being said, I would love to get rid of Pete and KNJ.

Keep Russell and turn the offense completely over to Waldron

find some young hungry DC
I don't quite get the Ken Norton hate here. For one, in this game, our defense was FANTASTIC. The end of last year, they were also fantastic.

The fact of the matter is, our defense's biggest problem right now is our offense. Our time of possession is destroying them. You can't leave a D on the field for as long as we do every game and expect them to not finally give up some points. We get our T.O.P. up THEN start talking about problems with the D.

Right now, our biggest issue is Pete, like it has been, followed not far behind by Russ. I don't know how you can credibly argue going away from one of the best QBs in the league is a good move, so I'm not saying we should dump Russ, but not EVERYTHING that goes wrong with our O is on the poor game managing skills of Carroll.

There is only so many time you can throw into the EXACT SAME DOUBLE COVERAGE in a game before your decision making has to come into question. That is not a scheme problem.

gabel

Reaction score
Pete has the second best record in football over the last 10 days. We are spoiled by his greatness.

But:
The Shane Waldron experiment might be over.
Could be time for Russel Wilson to play on another team.
Carlos Dunlop might get cut one of these days.
As great as Bobby Wagner is, it might be time to hang them up at the end of the season.
Don't think we will be trading any high draft choices for the foreseeable future.
IT IS TIME FOR A REBUILD. And we all know it.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
gabel":1u8qla1c said:
Pete has the second best record in football over the last 10 days. We are spoiled by his greatness.

But:
As great as Bobby Wagner is, it might be time to hang them up at the end of the season.
Don't think we will be trading any high draft choices for the foreseeable future.

0-1 the last 10 days. :)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
gabel":32qpa5dw said:

But:
The problem with Pete is that he has had CONSISTENTLY the exact same issues for his entire tenure as head coach and he NEVER improves them.

I mean, your first point is to talk about the 'Shane Waldron' experiment? What experiment? Our problems with decision making on offense are the exact same ones we've ALWAYS had. There are obviously Pete mandated issues with our style that he simply doesn't have the talent on our team to overcome. Worse, he's actually setting our current talent up for failure by not playing to their strengths.

Russ was crap today. Fine. But why are we doing a screen pass (Pete's 'risky' version of the draw play up the middle) on 3rd and 10 on their side of the field? Why are we not drawing up a play to get 10 yards instead of 5? Because Pete doesn't want to lose that way. We play like a team trying to hold onto a 3-0 lead in the closing minutes of the 4th when we are actually down by 3 before we've even hit halftime.

That's not Shane Waldron. That's Pete Carroll. That's always been Pete.

K

K.J WRIGHT

gabel":4eajlghl said:

But:

We don't have any high draft picks.....that's the problem.

K

K.J WRIGHT

gabel":10j1orb7 said:

But:

LTH

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":1cwshq6f said:
gabel":1cwshq6f said:

But:

I'm really glad your not GM for the Hawks... just sayin...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":jt9h1p7i said:
Pete and John need to go. Results don’t change without this happening.

I don't know about John, I think he is talented but he is beating Petes drum looking for Pete players, remember he wanted Wilson in the 2nd round and Pete told him to wait till the next round. Tells you who is pulling the strings.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1ophzs4v said:
Sports Hernia":1ophzs4v said:
Pete and John need to go. Results don’t change without this happening.

I don't know about John, I think he is talented but he is beating Petes drum looking for Pete players, remember he wanted Wilson in the 2nd round and Pete told him to wait till the next round. Tells you who is pulling the strings.
Maybe but he does need to take some of the blame for crappy drafts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It would be very interesting to see how John does WITHOUT Pete. Pete has lost this team, period. Zero discipline and out coached, over and over again. Enough already.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
gabel":1nl5d84r said:

But:

I loves me my BWagz. BUT - i don't remember the exact play - but he got FING OWNED by their running back. Had both hands on him in a bear hug and couldn't stop his forward progress. He tried. Just didn't have it. I thinks we've lost a step or two there.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know the saddest part about all of this is...despite the SB win (and second appearance). Everyone knows this team was capable of so much more.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qxi9yh2r said:
Absolutely. 4 of their losses, they flat out had a chance to win. 3-6 is flat out unacceptable.

I feel like every team in the NFL winds up with a lot of games like this throughout the season. The difference is the good teams win those games (or most of them), the average teams split them and the bad teams for one reason or another just keep losing them. I remember the last few years whenever rival fans who gripe about "lucky wins" and I would point to this statement. Well...now the Hawks are on the other side...I gotta stick with it (sadly). The Hawks are a bad team this year.

Latest posts