Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DK is really the next Antonio Brown, Terell Owens

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Lost it like those two diva WRs.
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

• That would be so horrible, if he became an elite, HOF receiver like those two.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• He really has become the next player who is immensely and physically talented and can't get out of his own way. An elite physical specimen who's mind can't keep up.
    PasteyNuTTeR
    NET Rookie

• [https://youtu.be/MjMCaw4qzjg]

If there was ever a thread that needed derailed.

https://youtu.be/MjMCaw4qzjg

--dammit, how do I imbed?--
    Last edited by HomerJHawk on Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

• He needs to accomplish a hell of a lot more before he deserves being compared to either of those guys.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• He deserves to be a team that utilize him there for sure. He is literally wasting away on this garbage offense. I don’t blame him for not being ok with it.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

• He needs to be a spokesman for Gerber baby food.
    K.J WRIGHT
    NET Rookie

• Yep. It's only a matter of time before Metcalf does something stupid enough to end his career.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• Maybe he just wants traded because if he keeps doing this he will be.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• I doubt DK or any WR would do this kind of stuff , getting into fights all the time and being ejected under serious coaches and QBs. It’s just Pete , Russ and Front Office can’t do something in order to shut DKs mouth.
    Gio
    NET Rookie

• Locker room is lost. Period. That’s on Pete , Front office and maybe Captains.
    Gio
    NET Rookie

• Didn't the other team get penalized for taunting?

The penalties offset...

We don't know what the Packers players said to DK but if there were 3 penalties called and DK is physically assaulting the opposing players helmet yet somehow that didn't make us worst for wear according to the referees...

I think it's very likely the Green Bay players said some very unprofessional, unwholesome, down right disgusting and unacceptable words and phrases towards DK. They knew the game was out of reach for us so they didn't care and they in all likely hood provoked him.

DK is one of the best players on our team, I don't think we should be pointing fingers in a scenario where we had no chance to win before it even started.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

• No chance to win? Just stop. It was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter. They had plenty of chances to win.
    On point of the thread, I've tried to stick up for DK for a long while now. After yet another tantrum and seeing him act like a 5 year old, I'm officially worried about the guy. IF he keeps doing this, trade him in the off season a for a haul.
    This is becoming a habit more than just a once in awhile thing. I have the guy's jersey, one of my favorite players, but dude needs to grow up, period.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:No chance to win? Just stop. It was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter. They had plenty of chances to win.
    On point of the thread, I've tried to stick up for DK for a long while now. After yet another tantrum and seeing him act like a 5 year old, I'm officially worried about the guy. IF he keeps doing this, trade him in the off season a for a haul.
    This is becoming a habit more than just a once in awhile thing. I have the guy's jersey, one of my favorite players, but dude needs to grow up, period.

Been saying since the camera grab in the stands incident from last year:

He's a diva. He's a problem. He's cute, but his blue hair masks his underlying diva-ness.

Honestly - love him, but cut him as part of the reboot. Seen enough tantrums and sulking. And that's just me!
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Cut?? Hell no. Trade
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Cut?? Hell no. Trade

whoops - sorry - my bad words. trade him as part of the reboot -
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• I never thought I would ever say or even think it. But I'm to the point where I think it might be best for the team to move on from him. Could get a nice haul back imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• This is going to be Michael Sinclair/ Rufus Porter type of an issue.

If you cannot win the game, at least you can watch a few entertaining players.

DK is one of those.

We are not winning anyway - not sure why people want to get rid of one of the few reasons to still watch.

Guys like

DK

Diggs

Lockett

Wilson

(Tre Brown?)

Adams

Are some of the few reasons to even watch, you want to trade away one of our best players and most entertaining players because he punches someone in the face? Someone wearing a mask that doesn't even get hurt by it?

(Clutching at pearls isn't going to make Pete any less old.)

We aren't losing because of DK.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• hes becoming really hard to like. i dont mind the complaining and whining if he was truly elite, but hes far more talk than substance. hard to throw to a guy consistently when he drops a few balls every week. More throws his way equals more drops and hes killed 3rd down conversions way too many times to be relied on. this offense has a hard enough time staying on the field.

and at this point hes much more dez bryant or obj than either brown or owens.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

• It's only a matter of time before DK's antics cost us a game with a stupid personal foul at just the wrong moment. He gets 1-2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties each week, so this is just a ticking time bomb.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• I'm excited to have this "fanbase" shrink. Weeding out the bandwagon fans eliminates wild opinions.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• What's going to be interesting is what happens to his and Russ's relationship when DK gets fed up with all the missed opportunities when he's been open and Russ missed him. There were two for TDs against GB and he famously tossed Hi helmet on the sidelines after being missed a few times in a game last year..

DK has dropped his share, but the misses from Russ will no doubt be what he focuses on. And if a fan can see how bad it is on gamepass, then so can he. If DK sours on Russ, look out. I'm not so sure that kind of internal criticism is something Russ can handle well. AdB used to call him out all the time but he knew how to deal with #3 and was wise beyond his years in that way. Dk? Not so much.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:No chance to win? Just stop. It was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter. They had plenty of chances to win.

There was literally 83 seconds left in the 4th quarter with us down by 17 points when DK got ejected...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401326476

(1:23 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete short middle to D.Metcalf. Penalty on SEA-D.Metcalf, Disqualification, offsetting. Penalty on GB-D.Savage, Taunting, offsetting. Penalty on SEA-J.Jones, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, offsetting.

We had no chance to win at the point DK got in a fight, that's a fact.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:I never thought I would ever say or even think it. But I'm to the point where I think it might be best for the team to move on from him. Could get a nice haul back imo.

He's literally the best player on our offense right now with Russell and Shane Waldren sucking ass this year... what are you smoking?

Lockett is only good vs bad defenses so far this season. DK is the only guy we have that can improve and possibly help to carry our sorry ass team.

I just made that Lockett statement before even looking up the stats but sure enough:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LockTy00.htm

Lockett's only "Good" games this season come against the three teams ranked 19-21 in yards allowed (Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts).... he hasn't had a good game against an above average defense...

In the other 6 games Lockett is averaging 30.33 yards a game!!!!

We still need a 3rd receiver which we straight up don't have...

Unless Chris Carson comes back late in the season and starts playing like the best running back in the league, we are gonna get knocked out early in the playoffs even if we make it (which we 90% won't at this point).
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

• classicaaron wrote:hes becoming really hard to like. i dont mind the complaining and whining if he was truly elite, but hes far more talk than substance. hard to throw to a guy consistently when he drops a few balls every week. More throws his way equals more drops and hes killed 3rd down conversions way too many times to be relied on. this offense has a hard enough time staying on the field.

and at this point hes much more dez bryant or obj than either brown or owens.

DK Metcalf would be ranked 14th all time in most reception yards in his first 3 seasons with his 66.77 average per game so far this season and then subtracting 66.77 because we have 1 additional game this season...

He is on pace for 3275 yards in his first 3 seasons even with subtracting 1 game off for the 17th game...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-in-first-3-seasons

If being 14th best all time in reception yards in a run oriented team... in a super tough division where all 3 of our divisional opponents have extremely strong defenses...

All 3 of our divisional opponents are above average in yards allowed per game this season:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Cardinals are ranked 4th, 49ers are ranked 8th, Rams are ranked 11...

For reference we are ranked 31st...
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, I'm smoking something because I finally have to admit that his tantrums are a real issue.
    He's one of my favorite players in the league. But if you think he's just gonna' stop acting like this, you're the one smoking something. I have spent his entire career sticking up for the guy. Sunday just finally made me admit that people were right about the issues. This isn't a once in awhile thing, this is a pattern.
    Incredible player, but also extremely immature at this point. Grow up and do your job kid. He has all the talent in the world, maybe let your play do the talking for awhile?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, I'm smoking something because I finally have to admit that his tantrums are a real issue.
    He's one of my favorite players in the league. But if you think he's just gonna' stop acting like this, you're the one smoking something. I have spent his entire career sticking up for the guy. Sunday just finally made me admit that people were right about the issues. This isn't a once in awhile thing, this is a pattern.
    Incredible player, but also extremely immature at this point. Grow up and do your job kid. He has all the talent in the world, maybe let your play do the talking for awhile?

Totally agree with your last points.

I've had employees like him in the old days. I always said: "I hire based on attitude and reasonable quaifications. The rest can be taught. Attitude cannot."

I must be getting older 'cause i have ZERO tolerance for 'me first' and 'showboating'. Just do your job and STFU please.
    We get it. You're awesome. Maybe take a break from the 4-ways with internet chicks and get back to not dropping the ball when it's put IN YOUR HANDS. Just a thought.

I'd trade/cut him. Just to make a point.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• But remember, it somehow is RUSS' fault when DK drops a pass. :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:But remember, it somehow is RUSS' fault when DK drops a pass. :?

Exactly. Rest of the time, I guess, just run around yelling "gimme the ball" - gotta catch it tho.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Lmao.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Sorry, as a proud Rebel, I have to defend my alum DK. Frustrations built when you were either open or one on one against a LB, yet ball went elsewhere, for incompletion that stalked drives.

DK is an emotional boy, he cried when drafted, he wears his emotion on his pacifier, but his frustration were justified.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:Sorry, as a proud Rebel, I have to defend my alum DK. Frustrations built when you were either open or one on one against a LB, yet ball went elsewhere, for incompletion that stalked drives.

DK is an emotional boy, he cried when drafted, he wears his emotion on his pacifier, but his frustration were justified.

Well actually - my problem is that as an ex-lifter - football aside - i LOVE DK. I'd kill for his body fat %.

The problem I have isn't with the passion, it's when it crosses over into f*** stupid, really.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• ddores wrote:
    toffee wrote:Sorry, as a proud Rebel, I have to defend my alum DK. Frustrations built when you were either open or one on one against a LB, yet ball went elsewhere, for incompletion that stalked drives.

Well actually - my problem is that as an ex-lifter - football aside - i LOVE DK. I'd kill for his body fat %.

The problem I have isn't with the passion, it's when it crosses over into f*** stupid, really.
    DK is an emotional guy, he might express himself differently, but I felt his frustration.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• keasley45 wrote:What's going to be interesting is what happens to his and Russ's relationship when DK gets fed up with all the missed opportunities when he's been open and Russ missed him. There were two for TDs against GB and he famously tossed Hi helmet on the sidelines after being missed a few times in a game last year..

DK has dropped his share, but the misses from Russ will no doubt be what he focuses on. And if a fan can see how bad it is on gamepass, then so can he. If DK sours on Russ, look out. I'm not so sure that kind of internal criticism is something Russ can handle well. AdB used to call him out all the time but he knew how to deal with #3 and was wise beyond his years in that way. Dk? Not so much.

That's what actually needs to happen. The reason russ was so good in 2015 was ADB getting in his ass
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

• OrangeGravy wrote:
    keasley45 wrote:What's going to be interesting is what happens to his and Russ's relationship when DK gets fed up with all the missed opportunities when he's been open and Russ missed him. There were two for TDs against GB and he famously tossed Hi helmet on the sidelines after being missed a few times in a game last year..

That's what actually needs to happen. The reason russ was so good in 2015 was ADB getting in his ass

2015 was before Russ evolved into Mr. Unlimited, and aspired team owner. Upon his retirement, only QB our Angry thanked and praised was TJack, ooouch. DK better watch out, it's no fun to be on the wrong side of your franchise QB.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Pretty much every thread has now become a blast Russ somehow thread.
    Damn does this team need a win :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Pretty much every thread has now become a blast Russ somehow thread.

We have not even reached critical mass yet, just remember the Hass bash threads for a couple years.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Yeah, you have a good point there.
    That being said, it's just dumping rain out there. Thanks, Russ :irishdrinkers:

Have a good night.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Pretty much every thread has now become a blast Russ somehow thread.
    no worries, we have John63, to blast Russ one have to get by John the defender,.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Late in the game Metcalf grabbed one of the Packers by the face-mask and held on for about 10 seconds. After releasing it he grabbed it a 2nd time and held on. After releasing it a 2nd time he then hit the same player in the head. Metcalf was ejected from the game, although this was not immediately made clear to the viewing audience by the referee on the field. Metcalf did not leave the players area as ejected players are required to do by NFL rules and on a following play he tried to re-enter the game. He was then prevented from doing so by an official and told to leave. For his actions Metcalf was fined $6,949.

Earlier in the game Dunlap picked up a shoe, that had come off a Packers player's foot, and threw the shoe. Dunlap was fined $10,300.

I'd like to point out that shoes are important and they should never be disrespected by any NFL player.
    #shoesmatter.
    flv
    NET Rookie

• Rat wrote:That would be so horrible, if he became an elite, HOF receiver like those two.

There are a lot of HOF receivers who are losers. They consistently drop the ball, screw up routes, upset the balance of the team, and lose their tempers and get stupid penalties. DK $.50 head, on a $1,000,000 body.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

• Ill stand by my comments earlier in the thread, 3 huge drops today, far from elite. Hard to be considered elite when hes not even the best WR on the team.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information