Guys let’s be honest here

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Pete should’ve rested Wilson for a couple more weeks and just went with Geno Smith. Wilson is sailing balls and like always hangs onto the ball far too long. He needs to hang it up til next year or his trade value will plunge more. Geno gives us the best chance at winning here and now. No ifs ands or buts. Bilbo needs to ice his stupid finger longer duh.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I need some Sourpatch watermelons. Bad. Or some Haribo Gummy bears. ..and im too lazy. Why do we have self driving cars, but I can't push a button and have food shoot through a "bank drive thru tube" straight into my pantry? The future is kinda ass.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I wish there was a cake machine in my neighborhood. I could use some chocolate cake. Maybe red velvet.

gabel

Reaction score
Let's be honest if Wilson did not play the fanbase would have lost their shit. It was up to Russel to decide if he was ready or not.

PNW

Reaction score
I think we can all agree he in fact was not ready and looked more like 70% Geno should’ve started this game at the very least.

getnasty

Reaction score
You might have the argument that a couple of the balls that sail on him were because he wasn't ready but it was his decision making that killed us. I think he was ready i just think he sucked. If he's healthy enough to be out there then he should play over Geno.

tersal

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":231jhbtw said:
Pete should’ve rested Wilson for a couple more weeks and just went with Geno Smith. Wilson is sailing balls and like always hangs onto the ball far too long. He needs to hang it up til next year or his trade value will plunge more. Geno gives us the best chance at winning here and now. No ifs ands or buts. Bilbo needs to ice his stupid finger longer duh.

tersal

Reaction score
tersal":1frsz5xc said:
ArlosSpecial":1frsz5xc said:

A rare poor performance for Russ this is the first time I have seen him make poor decisions. First down trying to force the ball in to double coverage with the game still winnable what was that?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seeing him sail a couple showed to me that they could have waited an extra week. That was a team loss, but def. one of his worst games.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1nu1dbx0 said:
Seeing him sail a couple showed to me that they could have waited an extra week. That was a team loss, but def. one of his worst games.
It wasn't lost by the defense. Got to score more than 17 points with the weapons we have. Heck ya gotta score more than zero points to win any game. Wilson is dried up, washed up and frankly we need a new quarterback.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Defense def. played their hearts out. Esp. with that time of possession. Just were totally gassed by the 4th quarter.

And if you believe Russ is washed, you're not really worth having a conversation about football.

Next

xray

Reaction score
Wilson will get his gold jacket based on his past play not his present of future play . We have seen his best...that's past now . IMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for letting us know what you think. I mean you only blast him every chance you get. Congrats you grumpy old man :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36uz7drn said:
Defense def. played their hearts out. Esp. with that time of possession. Just were totally gassed by the 4th quarter.

And if you believe Russ is washed, you're not really worth having a conversation about football.

Next
Oh lemme guess you're a "player" fan boy instead of "team"
I've been a Hawk fan longer than most in here (indicative of my age)
And my mom can beat up your mom :p

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2yt92zup said:
Ok, thanks for letting us know what you think. I mean you only blast him every chance you get. Congrats you grumpy old man :irishdrinkers:
Haha my wife tells me that every time my Hawks lose. She notices a sad mood swing and somewhat a little grumpy :D

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2v28qx5v said:

To say it was a team loss is being way too generous to the offense. We got frigging shut out. Considering the venue, the opposition, and the officiating, the defense played like SB champs.

I don't know what to attribute Russell's performance to, whether his finger was a factor in those errant passes or if he just wasn't ready after not seeing any game action for a month, but it was arguably his worst performance of his career. He completed just 50% of his passes, had just 161 passing yards on 40 attempts, and 0 TD's with 2 INT's. If it were any other QB, he'd be riding the pine.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
While we are being honest, can we be honest about Geno?

You are not beating GB with Geno. Ever.
(People are conveniently forgetting his tendency to choke close games away at the end anyway)

I am on record as wanting to hold Wilson out of the GB and Cards game. Not even close to some Wilson Stan. But come on.

Geno?

Wilson has a tough time overcoming Pete's terrible coaching. You think Geno can?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I thought Collins was the only bright spot for our offense on the day. Our passing game was non-existent. Russ played so poorly he was a negative impact. Our defense played well enough we should have won the game with merely an average offense.
No baked cake lasts forever. We have some good ingredients to stat with, but I think we're due for a makeover.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Seriously retarded. And I'm not making fun of physical or mental handicaps. Some of the thought processes on this site. Wow...

Russ is in the past or washed up. You lost your god dam mind.

Defense played great...except for scheme. The whole Idea was to let them drive the field and shut em down inside the 20. That's great and all...except the coaching staff isnt accounting for how it wears down the d and then no offensive production makes it a complete waste of time.

Yesterday, I thought the d played great. However, how many ******* screenplays do they have to run before we actually defend it well? Jesus. The screen was the majority of the offense besides a few throws to davante adams.

Russ is far from the main problem. The real problem is miss managing a game. Stop laying flat at beginning of games. Do not go away from the run. Do not wear down your d when the offense isnt putting points on the board.

Take care of that then we can start talking about russ sailed some balls or dk and dunlap are idiots etc.

Poorly managed games.