Russell’s trade value dropping like a rock.

seabowl

Reaction score
What team in their right mind would trade more than a 1st rounder for Wilson? He’s arguably been average at best the last year and a half and looks like a shell of his former self. I think just to get as much value as possible he needs to be moved in the offseason.

Loved him but he’s just not the Russ we came to love anymore (physically and mentally).

chris98251

Reaction score
seabowl":179012j1 said:
What team in their right mind would trade more than a 1st rounder for Wilson? He’s arguably been average at best the last year and a half and looks like a shell of his former self. I think just to get as much value as possible he needs to be moved in the offseason.

Loved him but he’s just not the Russ we came to love anymore (physically and mentally).

Dallas, Chicago, Philly.

Dallas traded the farm for Galloway back in the day. Jerry can't resist headlines.

Chicago traded a a first for Mirer. Was will to make a trade this season for him.

Philly will sell the farm for a QB.

Problem is Wilson has to want to go someplace, so none of this will happen.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":21f98zrg said:
seabowl":21f98zrg said:

Dallas, Chicago, Philly.

Dallas traded the farm for Galloway back in the day. Jerry can't resist headlines.

Chicago traded a a first for Mirer. Was will to make a trade this season for him.

Philly will sell the farm for a QB.

Problem is Wilson has to want to go someplace, so none of this will happen.
Dak has surpassed Russell. No way anyone makes a Dak for Russell trade currently.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Miami seems like an easy choice even though he didn't name the team. Maybe we even get a high 1st for it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Howie Roseman, start tampering with Russ. Get in his ear. Tell him you'll let him pick the HC. Get Philly on his list.

The Eagles have 3 firsts this year if Wentz plays 75% of the total snaps for the Colts this season. Let's make some magic, baby.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1krzrh83 said:
Sheesh. Russ had a sub-par outing first game back from an injury against one of the best teams in the league -- on the road. Get a grip.

It was more than subpar. It was downright bad. I was never on the trade Russ train, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea for everyone if the compensation is 3 firsts or better.

It's becoming clear that this arrangement isn't working, and that Russell is in the second half of his career. I'm of the opinion that it's time to take the haul, try to get a new group of cornerstones, and set the franchise up for the next era of Seahawks football. It's a completely sane viewpoint.

I don't really think his trade value is dropping that much, though. I'd agree that take is an example of recency bias.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He has value now and the only way to go forward with the rebuild is to get value from him.

Trade while the iron is hot, before it is too late

soxhawk

Reaction score
It's over. He's been consistently above average the last few years and he has his fanboy apologlists while he gets paid like a king. I'll take hurts and picks for him tomorrow. Dude is not what he was 8 years ago.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":s4ykk9w4 said:
Tusc2000":s4ykk9w4 said:

It was more than subpar. It was downright bad. I was never on the trade Russ train, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea for everyone if the compensation is 3 firsts or better.

It's becoming clear that this arrangement isn't working, and that Russell is in the second half of his career. I'm of the opinion that it's time to take the haul, try to get a new group of cornerstones, and set the franchise up for the next era of Seahawks football. It's a completely sane viewpoint.

I don't really think his trade value is dropping that much, though. I'd agree that take is an example of recency bias.

If that happens, get set for a bunch of 3-14 seasons. Russ and Lockett and Bobby (and Dickson I guess) are the only good things we have right now. Trade Russ and it'll be a lot of years before we see a winning season again.

misfit

Reaction score
Sounds like we have to make a change at coach instead since the value isnt there trading out qb :stirthepot:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3ib6hz1a said:
Maelstrom787":3ib6hz1a said:
Tusc2000":3ib6hz1a said:

If that happens, get set for a bunch of 3-14 seasons. Russ and Lockett and Bobby (and Dickson I guess) are the only good things we have right now. Trade Russ and it'll be a lot of years before we see a winning season again.

There's certainly a chance that this would happen, but the fact that this is a league of unmatched parity makes me err on the side of swinging for the fences. The team is on the downswing anyway. I'd rather have ammunition to rebuild it.

Also, John Schneider is bang on when it comes to quarterbacks. He called it on Mahomes, he called it on Allen, he called it on Russ, and he liked Tannehill too according to reports.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tusc2000":30nfmas0 said:
Maelstrom787":30nfmas0 said:
Tusc2000":30nfmas0 said:

At least your rebuilding, as it is we are going to see a lot of 3 -14 seasons regardless if we don't make a change, we will sell draft picks for a quick fix reach further digging our hole in the ground. As it is we are in a situation with a lack of impact picks for a few years and only thing we have to sell is players.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Tusc2000":gce7xa55 said:
Maelstrom787":gce7xa55 said:
Tusc2000":gce7xa55 said:

As opposed to the upcoming 3-14 year seasons? They are close to that now.

Rip the bandage off now and do it quick. Need players and picks now

nanomoz

Reaction score
soxhawk":1wxesfj0 said:
No way Chicago passes on Fields for Wilson either. We f'ed up royally this off-season

Last offseason was probably worse. But, yeah.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Tusc2000":165yd1wt said:
Maelstrom787":165yd1wt said:
Tusc2000":165yd1wt said:

3-14 if Pete stays

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are one of the worst teams in the entire NFL.

And people think that is because of Wilson.

Wilson had his first game back, and the gameplan (as predicted) was garbage.

Shockingly, we lost. (as predicted)

A healthy Wilson has a hard time overcoming Pete, you think a rusty likely still somewhat dinged up Wilson would be able to overcome Pete - IN GB? In the first game back?