Is Pete losing it?

PNW

Reaction score
How can this man run our team if he can’t tell the difference between an old flip phone or a challenge flag :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
PNW":2x3mg734 said:
How can this man run our team if he can’t tell the difference between an old flip phone or a challenge flag :lol:

I liked flip phones...........

Tusc2000

Reaction score
JustTheTip":14mhg41y said:
Not losing, lost a long time ago.

Sure. Forget that we were 12-4 last season. But that was a million years ago, eh?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2aapaeyn said:
JustTheTip":2aapaeyn said:
Not losing, lost a long time ago.

Sure. Forget that we were 12-4 last season. But that was a million years ago, eh?

Enjoy that 12-4.
It won't happen again with Pete here.

nanomoz

Reaction score
12-4 only to get trounced in the playoffs yet again. The Hawks have won, what, 1 playoff game in 6 years against a 754-year-old backup quarterback?

I'm grateful for Pete. Truly. But it's time to move on. He needs to retire. And the team needs to hire someone that will actually build the team around the best quarterback in franchise history.

I'm a life-long fan. I remember 1992. I'm not lacking perspective.

But the only reason to support Pete at this point is to support Russ continuing to flounder in mediocrity.

But it's probably irrelevant at this point anyway. There's a reason Russ wants out. We'll be lucky if he's a Hawk next year under any circumstances, and he certainly won't be if Pete is still coach.

If you don't see that I suspect you're not receiving new information and you may not have been for several years.

Ask Bears fans how their franchise quarterback search has gone for, oh, I don't know, the past 60 years. Finding a Russell Wilson is so difficult. And there is just about a 0% chance Pete would have any success beyond Russ's tenure. And, frankly, there's not much reason to hope that even with Russ there'd be much meaningful success.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
If Pete loved the Hawks he should step down telling the fans what we already know. I can't put a well Balanced team on the field. Maybe someone will go through his emails. I hope that's not going too far.

Fade

Reaction score
nanomoz":379vzctf said:
12-4 only to get trounced in the playoffs yet again. The Hawks have won, what, 1 playoff game in 6 years against a 754-year-old backup quarterback?

I'm grateful for Pete. Truly. But it's time to move on. He needs to retire. And the team needs to hire someone that will actually build the team around the best quarterback in franchise history.

But the only reason to support Pete at this point is to support Russ continuing to flounder in mediocrity.

But it's probably irrelevant at this point anyway. There's a reason Russ wants out. We'll be lucky if he's a Hawk next year under any circumstances, and he certainly won't be if Pete is still coach.

If you don't see that I suspect you're not receiving new information and you may not have been for several years.

Ask Bears fans how their franchise quarterback search has gone for, oh, I don't know, the past 60 years. Finding a Russell Wilson is so difficult. And there is just about a 0% chance Pete would have any success beyond Russ's tenure. And, frankly, there's not much reason to hope that even with Russ there'd be much meaningful success.

This.

LTH

Reaction score
nanomoz":111i7r48 said:

Yeah Pete is losing it... allowing a franchise QB to strong arm him into not doing things the way Carroll wants to do them... If this continues I'm on the fire Pete Band wagon...

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We've already seen what the team looks like without Wilson.

We are one of the worst teams in the league, a little better than the Lions and maybe the Jets. Maybe.

Without a healthy Wilson we are a 4-6 win team, in a 17 game season.

That is what PeteBall without Wilson gets you.

Wilson isn't 100% but we HAVE seen him at 100% and we know he can be fantastic.

We now HAVE seen Pete without Wilson and we know he can be watered-down dog crap.

Not sure why this is a debate. Pete lost it a long time ago.

He is just living off the successes created back when he was a great roster builder.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3t289yrq said:

We are one of the worst teams in the league, a little better than the Lions and maybe the Jets. Maybe.

We now HAVE seen Pete without Wilson and we know he can be watered-down dog crap.

He is just living off the successes created back when he was a great roster builder.

That is BS in its finest form!!!

I'm not a Wilson Hater but he needs to make adjustments he needs to start taking what the D gives him instead of forcing the long ball because he wants to be a gun slinger....

It was clear early on that the Hawks were not protecting Wilson effe3ctively vs the GB D... what they should have done was establish the run with what the GB D was giving up in the passing game instead of throwing into double coverage trying to make the big play...

End of story line... Not Pete's fault , not Waldron's fault It was on Russ... it was the story line last year and it continues because Russ is strong arming Carroll with the threat of him leaving to get his way... and so this is what you get... a bunch of INT's and a loss to complement a strong D performance...

LTH

olyfan63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":jo36ug5u said:
<snip>.

Geno was 1-2 as a starter with both losses by a 3 point margin, including an overtime loss.
Russell is now 2-4 this year in games as a starter.

Russell, Geno, does it matter that much who's at the trigger for Pete Ball? Does it even matter who the OC is? Seemingly not. Maybe steal PJ Walker from Carolina and put the savings into the rest of the roster? Kidding, sort of. After all, a cheap rookie contract QB was the winning formula in the back-to-back Super Bowl years.

I think Pete would say Russell forcing the ball to the star receivers and getting picked twice in the end zone is really not Pete Ball. Is Russell losing it? Beats me. I just know he's 2-4 and we too often suck on 3rd down and once again TOP was 2:1 against us. That Time of Possession imbalance once again resulted in a worn-out defense that finally buckled in the 4th quarter, giving the opponent the win.

No, I'm not advocating starting Geno over Russell or anything like that. Simply pointing out that Geno got equivalent results during his relief stint. Right now this team just looks lost on offense.

Jville

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":13rq6b6b said:
chris98251":13rq6b6b said:
PNW":13rq6b6b said:

I liked flip phones...........

I still have mine.......... :shock:

The newer ones have been upgraded into "feature phones".

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2l7dx77h said:

Our most complete game on offense this year was with Geno as the starter. Our worst was with Russ. As someone pointed out the team doesn't look significantly better the moment we put Russ in.

Pete isn't 'losing it' (I know the concept of the thread related to him not being able to find the challenge flag, which is funny but not really a serious issue). Pete has the exact same issues as a coach he has ALWAYS had. The game has not past him by because the issues he has now are the same issues he had in the year we won the Super Bowl. He just had the talent around him to make up for it (and, in large part, he WAS responsible for us getting that talent INCLUDING Russ).

I think Pete needs to go. I've thought he's needed to go for a couple of years at least but Russ is NOT perfect and he isn't without blame for how the past few years have gone either. The fact that some people think this has to be about 'Russ vs. Pete' or picking sides is crazy. We have issues to fix.

The reason why Pete needs to go more than Russ isn't because he's 'worse' for our team than Russ, it's because he's shown he is incapable of making the changes he needs to address his deficits. We've gone through enough OCs to know that. We've had too many close games we lost because we didn't have enough time outs at the end of the game, we didn't make enough gutsy calls early, we didn't challenge at the right time to know that Pete is never going to suddenly become 'good' at managing a game. We KNOW he won't change while there is still some hope for Russ to adjust his deficits, perhaps under a new system.