Who has a great D?

LTH

Reaction score
Ok once again I have taken so much crap on this board for seeing this D for what it is...Ive been ridiculed,,, called names (LTH Love to hallucinate) been told I am full of crap so many times its not funny.

Who is your DADDY now mo fo's!!!!!

that's twice in two years I've been literally the only one on the board who believed this D would turn... hell even ARO's said this D was finished...

Just sayin guys understand Carroll's process and how this team works and things become much clearer into whats happening...

I would not have made this post if I didn't get so much crap in the past..!!

LTH

seabowl

Reaction score
LTH":25dwubvf said:
Ok once again I have taken so much crap on this board for seeing this D for what it is...Ive been ridiculed,,, called names (LTH Love to hallucinate) been told I am full of crap so many times its not funny.

that's twice in two years I've been literally the only one on the board who believed this D would turn... hell even ARO's said this D was finished...

Just sayin guys understand Carroll's process and how this team works and things become much clearer into whats happening...

LTH

Thanks for calling all of us Mo Fo's.

With that said if you have watched the D the last few weeks they finally changed their scheme and with that are playing better. Safeties are coming in to cover and DB's are playing closer to the LOS. Most of the D players were here last year so they already understood as you say "Carroll's process". When we said the D sucked, IT DID!!! Even the players were outwardly complaining about the scheme.

Now with a better scheme in place they are way improved.

Just keepin in real.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
seabowl":kqiuczv3 said:
LTH":kqiuczv3 said:

LTH

With that said if you have watched the D the last few weeks they finally changed their scheme and with that are playing better. Safeties are coming in to cover and DB's are playing closer to the LOS. Most of the D players were here last year so they already understood as you say "Carroll's process". When we said the D sucked, IT DID!!!

Just keepin in real.

The part that your missing is why did the scheme change? why did all of this happen? the scheme was just dialled back because they had some issues at corner, some issues with young linebackers understanding and executing the scheme the scheme and they were not getting pass rush from the front four... They fixed these issues enough to open up the D scheme... so it was not the scheme it was not the coaches it was the integration of new players and there understanding of the scheme....

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Whats wrong Pitt, John 63, Zag hawk, twisted Husky, Mizak, and the long list... you guys ain't got nothing to say now LMAO!!!!!

LTH

seabowl

Reaction score
LTH":lculnu1u said:
seabowl":lculnu1u said:
LTH":lculnu1u said:

LTH

With that said if you have watched the D the last few weeks they finally changed their scheme and with that are playing better. Safeties are coming in to cover and DB's are playing closer to the LOS. Most of the D players were here last year so they already understood as you say "Carroll's process". When we said the D sucked, IT DID!!!

Just keepin in real.

The part that your missing is why did the scheme change? why did all of this happen? the scheme was just dialled back because they had some issues at corner, some issues with young linebackers understanding and executing the scheme the scheme and they were not getting pass rush from the front four... They fixed these issues enough to open up the D scheme... so it was not the scheme it was not the coaches it was the integration of new players and there understanding of the scheme....

LTH

Who are the plethora of new players that you are talking about?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
seabowl":3k0it3qm said:
LTH":3k0it3qm said:
seabowl":3k0it3qm said:
LTH":3k0it3qm said:

LTH

Just keepin in real.

LTH

Jones, Brooks, Brown, Taylor. JA, , the guy from the jets,

seabowl

Reaction score
LTH":31yd6v60 said:
seabowl":31yd6v60 said:
LTH":31yd6v60 said:
seabowl":31yd6v60 said:

Just keepin in real.

LTH

Jones just got here and barely plays. Brown is a rook and just started playing with the D a few weeks ago. The rest were all here last year.

Sorry but if you’re trying to make a point your argument is really weak. Just saying

toffee

Reaction score
Our biggest problem so far has been time of processions, we simply left the defense on the field for too long. Our offense supposed to carry the defense this season, but hey, no one predicted that our HOF QB regressed so much. Our defense is far from perfect, but our majors stars are on offense and they have not earn their glories so far.

At this point, one wonders if Pete need to be more involved in offense, our offense's struggle could be learning a new system, or, the new system sucked, or our QB regressed, or blame the OL. Probably a combination of all. Our defense hold GB to less than 2 TDs til 4th Q, they have done their part in my book. Our offense haven't earn their paycheck this week,

Jville

Reaction score
The silver lining is that the Defense has no shortage of snaps. Plenty of excellent learning opportunities and chemistry building opportunities.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
seabowl":34qq01lf said:
LTH":34qq01lf said:
seabowl":34qq01lf said:
LTH":34qq01lf said:

LTH

Jones just got here and barely plays. Brown is a rook and just started playing with the D a few weeks ago. The rest were all here last year.

Sorry but if you’re trying to make a point your argument is really weak. Just saying

So.... just because Brooks and Taylor were here last year doesn't mean they are sufficient in coverage they are still learning... and Jones was a new addition he played in a bunch of games... and Brown is a piece of the puzzle its all about learning to play together if one guy doesn't do his job it leaves the whole D vulnerable... it all contributed to how the Hawks schemed so yeah... it is a good point especially because it came from Bobby Wagner and Carroll.

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":qx8u7u5p said:
Our biggest problem so far has been time of processions, we simply left the defense on the field for too long. Our offense supposed to carry the defense this season, but hey, no one predicted that our HOF QB regressed so much. Our defense is far from perfect, but our majors stars are on offense and they have not earn their glories so far.

At this point, one wonders if Pete need to be more involved in offense, our offense's struggle could be learning a new system, or, the new system sucked, or our QB regressed, or blame the OL. Probably a combination of all. Our defense hold GB to less than 2 TDs til 4th Q, they have done their part in my book. Our offense haven't earn their paycheck this week,

I can't tell you exactly what's going on between Russ, Waldron and Carroll.... It feels like Carroll is letting Russ and Waldron work it out....

what I see happening is Russ was rusty and tried forcing the long ball into double coverage and that most of the time is a recipe for not good things happening... I think Russ needs to make some adjustments..... now weather or not Pete is going to put his foot down remains to be seen.

It looks to me like Russ strong armed Carroll into letting Waldron and himself take the offense... I don't agree with this... Its Carroll's team he should do things the way he wants because as we saw last year, Russ will just keep throwing into double coverage and throwing picks and they will keep losing to good teams...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Team just got shutout and your patting yourself on the back because the defense is playing better (lets be honest, it couldnt have gotten much worse). Congratulations. You must be elated.

Never change LTH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was listening to John Clayton's show this morning. One of the callers was ranting about KNJ. Clayton said that if the defense continues to decline, the Seahawks may part ways with KNJ in the offseason. If that happens, then Gus Bradley could be a potential replacement. Gus Bradley has had success as DC. He was the DC that helped build the LOB. As they had drafted ET and Kam while he was DC. In 2012 (his last with the Seahawks), the defense was ranked #4 in the NFL for total yards per game, and 1st for points per game (15.3). He wasn't fired by Seahawks, he got the HC gig with the Jags in 2013.

Info on Bradley's defensive scheme -
https://www.silverandblackpride.com...ders-gus-bradley-defensive-coordinator-scheme

Another one who was mentioned is Jim Schwartz who is currently with the Titans as a defensive assistant.

mistaowen

Reaction score
These posts are always weird to me. The defense was dead last in almost every single category and couldn't stop an offense for 5-6 straight weeks. Same as last year until they faced a string or literal 2-4th string QB's. They've definitely improved recently, Tre Brown may the Pete Carroll scheme saver, but like... why post this? Team is 3-6 looking at 3-7 and their star QB leaving with a bunch of gigantic question marks everywhere. Russ leaves, Carson retires, a defense that goes from dead last to above average is what we bank on?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a yawning difference between worst defense in the entire NFL (if not NFL history) and 'great defense'.

Yes the defense is improved.

It would be difficult to be worse.

As Largent pointed out, at least having effective CB play (moving Reed to his natural position and our rookie) is a big help.

But 'great'?

No.

By the way, nothing personal. Nothing wrong with loving the Hawks. We wouldn't BE here in a 3 win season if we all did not love the Hawks.

Someone pointing out you are wrong is not 'making fun of you'. And people shouldn't care what people on the internet think about them anyway.

If you feel like people are taking shots at you personally because of your support for Pete, the Hawks, or even KNJ (I just vomited a little in mouth thinking that anyone would support him but ok) - then that kind of sucks. And hopefully, it stops.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":m7vunb60 said:
There is a yawning difference between worst defense in the entire NFL (if not NFL history) and 'great defense'.

As Largent pointed out, at least having effective CB play (moving Reed to his natural position and our rookie) is a big help.

But 'great'?

No.

By the way, nothing personal. Nothing wrong with loving the Hawks. We wouldn't BE here in a 3 win season if we all did not love the Hawks.

Someone pointing out you are wrong is not 'making fun of you'. And people shouldn't care what people on the internet think about them anyway.

If you feel like people are taking shots at you personally because of your support for Pete, the Hawks, or even KNJ (I just vomited a little in mouth thinking that anyone would support him but ok) - then that kind of sucks. And hopefully, it stops.

I shouldn't have made the post...I just was frustrated because I know the D was going to turn and when I said so I was ridiculed and that's fine... I have tough skin but there is also this other part of me that I try to suppress that LOVES to punch back.. and if one dishes it out those people should be able to take it back... I don't REALLY care what people think... not really but sometimes it's VERY frustrating for me when I see something, I know its right and others are telling me I'm dilutional it is implying that I'm lame and that's just not true... I don't know football as well as some but I have a keen sense for the Hawks... and thats just true... so I apologize for making the post I let one get away...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":3bsjtx8m said:
TwistedHusky":3bsjtx8m said:

But 'great'?

No.

I shouldn't have made the post...I just was frustrated because I know the D was going to turn and when I said so I was ridiculed and that's fine... I have tough skin but there is also this other part of me that I try to suppress that LOVES to punch back.. and if one dishes it out those people should be able to take it back... I don't REALLY care what people think... not really but sometimes it's VERY frustrating for me when I see something, I know its right and others are telling me I'm dilutional it is implying that I'm lame and that's just not true... I don't know football as well as some but I have a keen sense for the Hawks... and thats just true... so I apologize for making the post I let one get away...

LTH
You should be commended for your effort, our defense has played well enough, if not well for the pass few weeks with noticeable improvement week by week. Pass rush still suck and yes out of four drafted for pass rush: Green, Collier, Taylor, and Robinson, only Taylor looked the part. Dunlap somehow disappeared this season.

It took courage to not follow the narrative, with that, you are the man..

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I'm not a stat guy I don't even know what DVOA is nor do I really care... I see stats as a tool and I don't think you can Judge a D on what the stats say for the whole year just about the last 3 games... I just know that this D is miles better than the first part of the season... This is a really formidable D and they will prove this today and if not i guess i will have a bit of egg on my face but I like this D a lot it has TONS of potential they are getting better every week!

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I appreciate the optimists talking us off the ledge.

Things are rarely as good as you hope or as bad as you fear.

But this about the Seahawks. Nobody should be calling people out personally.

Nothing wrong with being wrong. And I've been right about a number of things I was really hoping to be wrong about.

Being right sucks too.

Nobody should feel crappy about themself because of a football game, a message board, or the people on the board.

I would love to find out you are right LTH. Just not as optimistic about this defense as you are.

At least it is getting better, no longer the worst that ever was. Just still does not seem very good.