If we play Russ against AZ

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
We'd be sabotaging the season. He isn't ready now and he might never be the same again. That type of injury is life altering for most. He'll probably never have the same movement as he once did and he's also missing wide open receivers that he can't see. Geno wins that game against Green Bay. I love Wilson but we need to face reality. He could be done. We need to move him this offseason while he still has a shred of trade value. What say you?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This right here ^

It was already dumb to say that Russ is washed up. Then to double down and say Geno would have won that game?
No, he wouldn't. Even after all that, it was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter.
Russ had a bad game, people are now turning that in to he sucks, is washed up etc. Just stop.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Arizona has no QB now with McCoy going down. Seattle could win that game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not if we continue to try to keep the game close and don't even bother trying to score a TD until the 4th quarter.

But honestly, not worth it.

Sit Wilson and let him heal. The only shot we have is a healthy Wilson.

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1r88pi5d said:
Arizona has no QB now with McCoy going down. Seattle could win that game.
And no Cam Newton available to sign lol.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":36bscmsc said:
We'd be sabotaging the season. He isn't ready now and he might never be the same again. That type of injury is lif altering for most. He'll probably never have the same movement as he once did and he's also missing wide open receivers that he can't see. Geno wins that game against Green Bay. I love Wilson but we need to face reality. He could be done. We need to move him this offseason while he still has a shred of trade value. What say you?

I actually do believe he was ready to come back physically, but the other stuff is just stuff that is gonna take time for him to get back into the swing/groove of things (call it rust?). So yeah...play him. Either that or sit him out for the rest of the season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28okg3qv said:
Nah, Hawks don't get that luck in 2021. Murray AND Hopkins will be back. I expect it. Because, 2021

Lol. You are probably right.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1hu9i20x said:
SoulfishHawk":1hu9i20x said:
Nah, Hawks don't get that luck in 2021. Murray AND Hopkins will be back. I expect it. Because, 2021

Lol. You are probably right.
I don't care if we lose I just want halfway decent quarterback play. Wilson laid and egg and stank ass it happens to everyone but lately he's costed us a few wins with poor play. Compound that with wanting to come back too early from an injury to your throwing finger and with his head on wrong and you get the result we had yesterday. The defense balled out. Do we know if doctors really cleared him this soon or if he told his doctor to say that is what I want to really know. Every Hawk fan I know is passionate and wants wins and we invest heavily financially and emotionally. Russ makes too much to back it up with worse play than Stan Gelbaugh.

Rat

Reaction score
First, people say we would have beaten the Steelers and Saints with Russ. Now, we would have beaten the Packers with Geno? Wow, we're getting unlucky with the availability of these two. Maybe we should just have them alternate possessions so we can tie every week. Would going 3-6-8 get us into the last wild card?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's a dude at work who blamed Russ for 2 losses. Game he didn't even PLAY in. That kind of sums up how some look at Russ. It's his fault even if he doesn't play.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dc3pfn9 said:
There's a dude at work who blamed Russ for 2 losses. Game he didn't even PLAY in. That kind of sums up how some look at Russ. It's his fault even if he doesn't play.
So you’re saying Russ played great yesterday? Stop excusing his poor play. I know this is Russ’s team for now but we need him to maybe sit it out for a few more games and let Geno do his thing with the dimes he’s been dropping with regularity in Wilson’s absence. We all know it’s true. Wilson needs to heal and we need to hold him out for 2 reasons

1) draft value

2) locker room cohesion

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I didn't say he played well ONCE in here. He had a crap game, and clearly they brought him back too soon.
But to act like he is washed is laughable. But people can believe what they want.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2267htym said:
I didn't say he played well ONCE in here. He had a crap game, and clearly they brought him back too soon.
But to act like he is washed is laughable. But people can believe what they want.
My bad. Can we mash the redo button guy? :180670:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or we could just raise a pint before a game and wonder what the hell happened to our Hawks in 2021 :irishdrinkers: