Wilson’s head is the issue not his finger

seabowl

Reaction score
Those saying Wilson came back too soon need to really look at what went wrong yesterday. He made a ton of poor decisions that kept the O from sustaining drives and scoring points. He was 2 of 15 in passes over 10 yards. That’s 13%. I’m tired of his hero ball crap and just want to have him manage the game and take what they give you.

Sure he’s not 100% physically but the bigger issue is in his mind.

FYI his issues started well prior to yesterday.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Very true...he made some poor decisions (rookie like mistakes) in the game yesterday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Stop making sense, we don't do that here. He had a bad game. That now means he sucks and should be benched and traded in the off season :?

12th Dimension

Reaction score
He had a bad game. It happens. His mental mistakes far outweighed his physical issues.

Even with all that, I thought it was a game we had a chance to win.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It was both yesterday.

Russell was not ready to play physically, his finger was a glaring issue the entire game in 30 degree weather with the wind and field conditions.

And that compounded the normal rust of not having played in a month.

What's going on here is what I said would happen last week, this was Russell's call, not Pete's........and that may seem like not a big deal. But put a coach like Belichick in this same situation? No way Belichick lets Russell play at 60-70%, he tells him to sit another week or two.

But Pete is so afraid of losing his job and grip on this team that he's allowing Russell to dictate when he's playing or not.......and of course Russell being Russell, he needs to prove to the world that he's some healing super hero with the twitter videos and I only slept 4-5 hrs a day cause I had to rehab the finger nonsense.

It was all BS. Russell should have been on the bench as an emergency QB yesterday. He wasn't ready. Period.

KinesProf

Reaction score
seabowl":45wnwad3 said:

Are you going to provide anything to support that assertion?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1460122358547550211[/tweet]

xray

Reaction score
Remember when he referred to his alter-ego as " Mr. Unlimited " ? Sadly, he wasn't joking .

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
KinesProf":2g0kic4f said:
seabowl":2g0kic4f said:

Are you going to provide anything to support that assertion?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1460122358547550211[/tweet]

I get it but from mid season on last year this O and his play have dropped off dramatically. He has been slow, indecisive, and looks for the splash play too often.

This O needs DRIVES not quick outs.

Again I get the numbers may look good but stats don't win games.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k3y4ysdi said:
It was both yesterday.

Russell was not ready to play physically, his finger was a glaring issue the entire game in 30 degree weather with the wind and field conditions.

And that compounded the normal rust of not having played in a month.

What's going on here is what I said would happen last week, this was Russell's call, not Pete's........and that may seem like not a big deal. But put a coach like Belichick in this same situation? No way Belichick lets Russell play at 60-70%, he tells him to sit another week or two.

But Pete is so afraid of losing his job and grip on this team that he's allowing Russell to dictate when he's playing or not.......and of course Russell being Russell, he needs to prove to the world that he's some healing super hero with the twitter videos and I only slept 4-5 hrs a day cause I had to rehab the finger nonsense.

It was all BS. Russell should have been on the bench as an emergency QB yesterday. He wasn't ready. Period.

I was about to make my comments about Russ but you just saved me the time. Exactly my viewpoint.

Geno should have played yesterday. Let Russ sit another week or two or three if need be. His ego betrays his common sense at this stage. In my mind, he put himself above the team yesterday.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He needs to sit against the Cards, maybe even the game after too.

I would have never played him yesterday.

Not just not 100% but cold weather exacerbates some injury symptoms.

It made no sense.

toffee

Reaction score
If Pete sat Russ, went through GB game with Geno. Lost 17-0 with Geno, would you esteemed ladies and gentlemen still insist that Russ should have start d the game?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":evatz5me said:
If Pete sat Russ, went through GB game with Geno. Lost 17-0 with Geno, would you esteemed ladies and gentlemen still insist that Russ should have start d the game?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maybe. We'll never know if Geno would have been more effective than a 60-70% Russell.

Considering we just got shut out for the first time in over a decade......I'm thinking the answer is yes, Geno would have been more effective.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Russ certainly didnt play well but i dont think it was his injury. hes never played well in greenbay so dont think it would have mattered. Also the offensive line was horrible, had no running game to work with, and the few throws that he did make were dropped. as a whole the team simply didnt show up and its been becoming more and more common through the years. i think guys are just tired of petes rah rah attitude. locker room is lost right now.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
One problem with your original theory/post. If you guys are not taking into account wide reciever on the seahawks than blaming russ' decision making is useless. How do you throw a ball with out any one open? Gee well just throw it out of bounds so you do get sacked. No. That is an option, but you try to make a play down until you cant. Otherwise, the bitchers on this site would whine about 3 and outs where russ is constantly throwing the ball out. Anyone wonder why lockett and metcalf barely had any receptions? Then wonder why russ was just throwing the ball up for grabs? Maybe hoping someone can make a play. But they didnt. Yes russ sailed some balls. Missed swain on a diving td. Probably missed some open recievers here and there.

I'm sick of this site constantly looking for someone to blame. Did russ play perfect...no. Hardly his fault completely. Team game guys. Stop making posts questioning peoples minds, spirit and decision making. Its gross. Its judgemental and I can gurantee no one does that to you. Cuz if they did...I wouldnt see any posts discussing others faults.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
classicaaron":3131bdjb said:
Russ certainly didnt play well but i dont think it was his injury. hes never played well in greenbay so dont think it would have mattered. Also the offensive line was horrible, had no running game to work with, and the few throws that he did make were dropped. as a whole the team simply didnt show up and its been becoming more and more common through the years. i think guys are just tired of petes rah rah attitude. locker room is lost right now.

There were about half a dozen throws that clearly sailed on him and the easiest explanation is a grip issue. Unfortunately his endzone picks weren't ones that sailed. They just went into a terrible window he chose to throw into.

LTH

Reaction score
12th Dimension":2l33qy0t said:
He had a bad game. It happens. His mental mistakes far outweighed his physical issues.

Even with all that, I thought it was a game we had a chance to win.

Well the way I see it is that this was gthe issue last year... Russ just has this thing to where he wants to be a gun slinger and he is forcing balls into double coverage not because he is being selfish its because he believes he can make the play and Defenses have adjusted to him but he keeps throwing into double coverage and throwing INT's instead of taking what the D gives him and forcing the D to adjust to him again... The big plays will happen if he is patient but he is not.. he needs to wait until he gets a one on one with Metcalf or Lockett and that's not going to happen unless he adjusts to what the D is doing...

People want to blame Carroll but its not Carroll or Waldron it's the decisions Russ is making... Geno is not as good a QB as Russ physically but I think he would have had a better game than Russ did purely because of his decision making...

LTH

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I know man I saw him air sparing on the sidelines and I'd bet a million bucks he had eye of the tiger on the head phones