Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is all feeling very Mora-esque.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
This is all feeling very Mora-esque.
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:40 am
  • You know what?

Just tired of losing here.

And, tired of the same old retread excuses.

Seahawks are going into the Red Zone broadcast for me for the rest of the season. Love em - but only so much of this I can watch.

Call me fairweather/bandwagon if you want. I just keep remembering the Mora quote after one of the games: "We lost..... because of.... a KICKER.... if you can believe that".

The kicker wasn't the only problem, and wasn't why they lost.

Wish I had more of a point - but again, feeling very Mora-esque here with ALOT of excuses and no answers for really anything. Game plan adjustments at 1/2time? non-existant. Game plan adjustments 'ever' - non existant. dk? no change. Deep ball audibles for hero status that throw into contested coverage because for some reason we don't have an underneath game? no change.

Anyhow. Just frustrated. Let's keep running headfirst into a brick wall for the rest of the season, hope they win it out, and pray for a first round 7th place elimination at this point.

Sorry. And, oh yea, Waldron was a scapegoat, and didn't fix $h!t.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Re: This is all feeling very Mora-esque.
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:11 am
  • I still see players making an effort at least. they're showing some fight. The team flat out quit on Mora. I'd rather watch the Green Bay game 100x in a row than any game from the Mora season.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:15 am
  • Very good points ^
    They certainly are still playing hard. I just think the team lacks discipline. And I'm not the only who thinks it's time for Pete to hang em up. Hell of a run as a coach, but it's time for a change.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:01 am
  • When I looked at the schedule I saw 5 wins at this point. 6 would have me feeling pretty good going into the last 8 games. If you told me Wilson and Carson wouldnt be healthy for 4 or 5 games I would have thought ya 3 wins against this schedule.

I know its not fair to YOU that players get hurt and we dont win 10 or 12 games every year. Its just not.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:00 am
  • ddores wrote:You know what?

Seahawks are going into the Red Zone broadcast for me for the rest of the season. Love em - but only so much of this I can watch.

Call me fairweather/bandwagon if you want. I just keep remembering the Mora quote after one of the games: "We lost..... because of.... a KICKER.... if you can believe that".

Wish I had more of a point - but again, feeling very Mora-esque here with ALOT of excuses and no answers for really anything. Game plan adjustments at 1/2time? non-existant. Game plan adjustments 'ever' - non existant. dk? no change. Deep ball audibles for hero status that throw into contested coverage because for some reason we don't have an underneath game? no change.

Anyhow. Just frustrated. Let's keep running headfirst into a brick wall for the rest of the season, hope they win it out, and pray for a first round 7th place elimination at this point.

Fair weather/Bandwagon fans don't support this site with their hard earned money. You did. :2thumbs:

The Mora era was a disaster. The last few years the PC era has been slowly going in that direction. Certainly not to the degree of that one year yet, but it's getting to that point. It's more like the last few years of the Holmgren era where you could tell a change was needed, but ownership wouldn't open their eyes to the reality of the situation.

I don't think Paul Allen would have allowed this to happen. But he's gone and we have no real ownership that will take the correct steps to get this team back on track right now.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:24 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:
    ddores wrote:You know what?

Fair weather/Bandwagon fans don't support this site with their hard earned money. You did. :2thumbs:

The Mora era was a disaster. The last few years the PC era has been slowly going in that direction. Certainly not to the degree of that one year yet, but it's getting to that point. It's more like the last few years of the Holmgren era where you could tell a change was needed, but ownership wouldn't open their eyes to the reality of the situation.

I don't think Paul Allen would have allowed this to happen. But he's gone and we have no real ownership that will take the correct steps to get this team back on track right now.

so now your playing Super Fan card, your not a fan if you don't donate money, then you seem to feel you know what Ownership is thinking, Paul never went public with his process and never knee jerk reacted but had his staff report to him options and then acted upon those. You want a YOUR FIRED issued by Jody kind of like what the Great Pumpkin would do, dumb and reactionary.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:17 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

so now your playing Super Fan card, your not a fan if you don't donate money, then you seem to feel you know what Ownership is thinking, Paul never went public with his process and never knee jerk reacted but had his staff report to him options and then acted upon those. You want a YOUR FIRED issued by Jody kind of like what the Great Pumpkin would do, dumb and reactionary.

Helping the site with some funds to keep it up and running isn't being a Super Fan or playing any card. It's just acknowledging that he made the effort. One doesn't have to do a d#$n thing on this or any site if they wish. But it certainly doesn't hurt to tell him that it was appreciated. You certainly don't have to if that is your wish.

I have no idea what ownership is thinking and no one else on this site does as well. But one can open their eyes and see what is happening right now. I do know that competent ownership would be observing this and making plans to change the course. At least I would hope so.

You're last sentence isn't worth the time to comment on as it's pretty clear how you think on this board.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:57 am
  • Vulcan still manages Jody Allens business holding including the Seahawks. Pete still has to answer to Burt Kolde. Its pretty much business as usual I imagine. People who want Pete fired want to spread the false narrative that nobody is watching what Pete and John are doing. Pete is in charge of the team but he has a boss.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:51 am
  • kf3339 wrote:

Yes - I agree - my comparison with Mora year was probably excessive. Just feels frustrating and like no one is at the wheel. Thanks for the comments ;) I also agree - if PA was still alive - might be a bit of a different scenario.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:52 am
  • kf3339 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

Helping the site with some funds to keep it up and running isn't being a Super Fan or playing any card. It's just acknowledging that he made the effort. One doesn't have to do a d#$n thing on this or any site if they wish. But it certainly doesn't hurt to tell him that it was appreciated. You certainly don't have to if that is your wish.

I have no idea what ownership is thinking and no one else on this site does as well. But one can open their eyes and see what is happening right now. I do know that competent ownership would be observing this and making plans to change the course. At least I would hope so.

You're last sentence isn't worth the time to comment on as it's pretty clear how you think on this board.

Holy f*** - angry much? Late for a meeting? <edit> whoops - that was meant for the second last post, not the last one quoted. My bad.
    Last edited by ddores on Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:09 am
  • Carroll wants a team primarily built on good defense and to run the ball.

Which is a sucker's bet if you want to do anything in the playoffs in today's NFL.

Today's NFL is built to reward QBs that are high scoring.

Go look at the teams with the best rushing (non-QB) in the NFL, and then look at how they do in the playoffs. You can GET to the playoffs with that approach, but you are going to be bounced quickly. Advantages go to the offense and passing game more than rushing.

We might get close to the playoffs, we might even squeak in.

I have no doubt that a healthy Wilson, more time, and a better defense will get us a few more wins with the keep it close strategy Carroll uses.

Then people will make excuses that he did not have Wilson, (because Wilson got injured due to stupid resource decisions that are on Pete), and the result will be the same:

Barely making or missing the playoffs

No real accomplishments once we get there.

Then if Wilson leaves? We get some draft capital and Pete will squander it like he always does.

Our best-case scenario is turning into what the Browns are now.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:43 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Carroll wants a team primarily built on good defense and to run the ball.

Which is a sucker's bet if you want to do anything in the playoffs in today's NFL.

Go look at the teams with the best rushing (non-QB) in the NFL, and then look at how they do in the playoffs. You can GET to the playoffs with that approach, but you are going to be bounced quickly. Advantages go to the offense and passing game more than rushing.

I have no doubt that a healthy Wilson, more time, and a better defense will get us a few more wins with the keep it close strategy Carroll uses.

Then people will make excuses that he did not have Wilson, (because Wilson got injured due to stupid resource decisions that are on Pete), and the result will be the same:

Then if Wilson leaves? We get some draft capital and Pete will squander it like he always does.

I tend to agree about today's game. The NFL wants and likes high scoring games. The rules have been geared to an up-tempo shootout. I’m sure there are instances of higher scoring seasons but it feels like you can get a “Roughing the Passer” if you even look at a QB with angry face.

It takes balance. I’d like to see a mix…not just run, deep pass, deep pass….our short yardage passes shouldn’t be just screens. I liked how we used Everett last game and would absolutely love to see more check downs. It makes me wonder if our deep route is always the #1 option??? Or, is it Russ bombing away?

On paper, it seems like we have the talent. There’s holes for sure. But on paper, we look like a top 15…maybe 12 team.

I don’t know man. It’s like beating a dead horse. If I’m ownership, and I haven’t figured out answers to some of these questions and that which a lot of you have brought to the table, I’d feel like there isn’t much choice but to start replacing the FO and coaching staff.

If you need to make a decision and haven’t quite nailed down The who, what, why…you’ve got to flip a coin at some point.
    GemCity
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:43 am
  • How quickly some forget . Last season the Hawks went 12-4 and won the NFC West. About as good as we all could hope for right ? Then we watched slack-jawed as they managed to totally trash the season in one playoff game . This year is actually a more realistic version of what the Hawks really are... not very good and their record is real . And thanks to the Adams trade and other chit moves by the FA , don't expect much in the next year or two either . The die is cast .
    As a fan from 1976 ,when disappointment and waiting for better days was the norm ... Welcome back to the good ole days .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:45 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Carroll wants a team primarily built on good defense and to run the ball.

Not disagreeing with your main point, but the Browns' OL is so far above what the Hawks are trotting out there that the chasm seems insurmountable for the foreseeable future given past and present coaching and management decisions.
    Last edited by Grahamhawker on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:50 am

It's not about running more for the sake of running it. It's about a balanced offense that utilizes an entire field. This is what the great offenses do. Tampa is a prime example - running, short passing, deep passing with a good mix of vertical and horizontal plays. Even GB's offense had a resurgence last year because of their running game.

What we saw on Sunday was 40 passes to 11 runs. No balance.

The Packers weren’t just in two-deep coverage. Green Bay was five- and sometimes seven-deep in zone coverages to take away, Metcalf and Lockett. The average deepest Packers defender was 16.1 yards off the ball at the snap.

Five and sometimes 7 deep! Yet we have QB, with all the agency to change the play at the line, stubbornly refuse to do so, in favor of hero ball.

So all defenses have to do is take away DK and Lockett deep. And all you are left with is the one-dimensional, broken offense we saw on Sunday.

But yeah, let's all yammer "Pete Ball" until the cows come home.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:20 am
  • hoxrox wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Carroll wants a team primarily built on good defense and to run the ball.

It's not about running more for the sake of running it. It's about a balanced offense that utilizes an entire field. This is what the great offenses do. Tampa is a prime example - running, short passing, deep passing with a good mix of vertical and horizontal plays. Even GB's offense had a resurgence last year because of their running game.

What we saw on Sunday was 40 passes to 11 runs. No balance.

The Packers weren’t just in two-deep coverage. Green Bay was five- and sometimes seven-deep in zone coverages to take away, Metcalf and Lockett. The average deepest Packers defender was 16.1 yards off the ball at the snap.

Five and sometimes 7 deep! Yet we have QB, with all the agency to change the play at the line, stubbornly refuse to do so, in favor of hero ball.

So all defenses have to do is take away DK and Lockett deep. And all you are left with is the one-dimensional, broken offense we saw on Sunday.

But yeah, let's all yammer "Pete Ball" until the cows come home.

Well then we can coin a new term: "Russ Ball". Which, for the record - i would have ZERO problem with. If it worked.

I think that's what we're actually dealing with ;)

I don't think that Pete or the OC has had the reins since the first half of the first game, really -
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:58 pm
  • "Carroll wants a team primarily built on good defense and to run the ball.

Which is a sucker's bet if you want to do anything in the playoffs in today's NFL"

You dont remember last years playoffs. The team that was able to run the ball better won almost every game.

I would bet the same results happen this year. Every coach wants a good defense and be able to run the ball and so does every QB.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:26 pm

The ironic part about Pete wanting good defense and running the ball is they have built the team the exact opposite way. You build that kind of team in the trenches. I would argue our OL is one of the worst units in the league, and I would also argue our DL is one of the worst in the league.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:28 pm

My question to you is what makes you think Pete is the one making all the draft picks... I don't think there is much evidence that suggests that just because he has the power to make that pick doesn't mean that he uses it...

I'm not even saying that I agree that the draft picks have been piss poor but I if you think so why is it that its not on JS? I'm not trying necessarily to stick up for Pete like it may seem to you I just don't see what makes you think that?

LTGH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:33 am
  • justafan wrote:"Carroll wants a team primarily built on good defense and to run the ball.

Which is a sucker's bet if you want to do anything in the playoffs in today's NFL"

You dont remember last years playoffs. The team that was able to run the ball better won almost every game.

I would bet the same results happen this year. Every coach wants a good defense and be able to run the ball and so does every QB.

Totally agree - WTF - every decent playoff team should run the ball and be good on defense. It's the formula for winning, instead of being a flash in the pan during the season.

Let's 'actually' do 'that'! 'cause I have NO idea what we're actually doing right now! Floundering would be the closest I can come.

:0190l:
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information