Tre Brown, our LCB !

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I know we crap on our recent drafts, but give credit where credit's due..........Brown's been really really good.

One could argue he's the reason the defense has gotten better since Flowers left, that CB position has been solidified.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's a feisty little fart that isn't afraid to make a play.

Unlike Tre "oh god don't throw it my way" Flowers.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's got a really amazing instinctual edge to his game. He knows when to go, and when he goes, he GOES. Lays the wood, attacks the ball.

He has some serious potential that's already being partially harnessed. I cannot wait to see how he grows. You could see it in his senior bowl reps.

Another mid to late round hit. If this front office could hit on the earlier picks, this team would be right back in the thick of things.

keasley45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ivbbw0v said:
I know we crap on our recent drafts, but give credit where credit's due..........Brown's been really really good.

One could argue he's the reason the defense has gotten better since Flowers left, that CB position has been solidified.

Could say the same for Brooks, Taylor, Blair and Lewis.
Green has shown flashes as well.

But I think Brown is just a very, very special player.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He looks fantastic along with Brooks and other of our young players...JS has a knack for finding talent in later rounds, nobody can argue that. If only we could hit in the first round once in awhile. I think this team has a lot of pluses going for it as far as roster talent. Get the O straightened out (and we have the personnel to do just that), hell, just be slightly above average and we can all have fun again watching the games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Makes you want them to trade out of the 1st round every year. No 1st rounder in 2022 of course. Will it matter? Not the way they have been picking in the 1st. 2nd round on? Pretty solid.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If Pete somehow managed to keep his job when the season is over, he needs to thank whoever that advocated for drafting Tre Brown, d Taylor , and Brooks.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":14oqhaej said:
If Pete somehow managed to keep his job when the season is over, he needs to thank whoever that advocated for drafting Tre Brown, d Taylor , and Brooks.

Do you really think Pete wasn't fully on-board with those guys? All of them absolutely reek of Carroll picks.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":38pydlfv said:
toffee":38pydlfv said:

Do you really think Pete wasn't fully on-board with those guys? All of them absolutely reek of Carroll picks.
I agree with you, my point was Pete didn't scout those picks. Whoever scouted and advocated then to Pete and John deserved some credit, as well as P&J for deciding on picking them

Seymour

Reaction score
Great development but very disappointed with Pete's eye for talent keeping Flowers early on. Flowers was brutal to watch and Brown was night and day better from the get go IMO.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Agreed Seymour, but Brown got hurt. Whacha gonna do coach?

I'm feeling pretty sly for calling Brown left, Reed right as our corners right after the draft. I expect our turnovers numbers to improve with those 2 healthy. They're both ball hawking guys who athletically challenge a receiver from the LOS on. They've already been matched against some of the best and they holding their own. They have turned what was one of our biggest weaknesses into one of our stronger positions. Just have to keep them healthy...

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Our CBs and Safeties are not bad at this point, quite good actually. They will get better as learn to play with each other, if our pass rush can improve some and offense can stay on the field longer, our defense can be real good.

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
Thanks for the post toffee...I come on this board most every day and it was nice to see a ray of sunshine amid all this doom and gloom. Well done sir. :2thumbs:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Look back to training camp and Brown would have been the starter at LCB from day one if he hadn't gotten hurt. Every team deals with injuries but we had abnormally rotten luck in the first half of the year and looks to be good luck (so far) in our remaining games as everybody comes back.

Getting everybody back probably won't be enough to make the playoffs, but it would be enough to let us get a better feel for how good this team really is. If we finish 5-3 or 6-2 then most of us will feel a lot more optimistic going into the offseason.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Fernie Hawks Fan":323go27h said:
Thanks for the post toffee...I come on this board most every day and it was nice to see a ray of sunshine amid all this doom and gloom. Well done sir. :2thumbs:

Thx, I am also part of the problem as I talked about negative stuffs our team faces.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3loe9whs said:

Absolutely!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":1w7d2dxd said:
Great development but very disappointed with Pete's eye for talent keeping Flowers early on. Flowers was brutal to watch and Brown was night and day better from the get go IMO.
This.

I believe some coaches have their pet players, Flowers was Pete’s.
Just like Jimmy Lake’s pet player was Dylan Morris.

They keep running those guys out there and keep getting the same sucky results, all while expecting different outcomes.