Anybody else?

sprhawk73

Reaction score
For the first time as a Seahawks fan I'm finding it hard to watch games.

Seeing Bobby looking like Bosworth sure didn't help.

In the past it seems like there has always been a number of players I loved to watch regardless if we were winning or not. And there always seemed to be a feeling of improvement or development going on.

I've never really been that big on RW, Lockett has had some amazing plays but he's no Baldwin, hell I think I'd rather watch Tate. The running core is stagnant, nobody is terrorizing quarterbacks or clearing the way for a run.

I guess Homer tried to give us some excitement.

Who in your opinion is worth getting excited about?

hinton

Reaction score
Firstly, I'd give Bobby a pass. In the 4th quarter of a tough game when the D has been on the field for 40 mins and facing a fresh-legged tank of an RB.

I think our entire secondary is worth a shout-out. Brown has only played a few games but he looks like a stud. Adams had a poor start to the season but his potential is all-pro. Diggs is one of the best safety's in the game, and DJ Reed is a quality CB. Amadi has quietly had a strong season too, and Blair hasn't reached his potential.

At LB Brooks seems to have quietly improved a lot lately and appears to be playing at a high-level.

D Taylor could be a beast of a DE if anyone else on the D-line could step up and contribute with QB pressure. I can't say too much about the interior of the DL, maybe another poster with a better knowledge of that position can elaborate.

On O Lockett and DK are two of the best WRs in franchise history and I'd argue the best combo.

I think there's a lot of talent in our TE room between Dissley and Everett, frustratingly we've not got the best out of them though for whatever reason. If either of them were to leave they could put up beastly numbers elsewhere.

O-line... meh... D Lewis looked good last year but has regressed. Maybe it's switching sides and he'd be better back on the right.

It sucks that Carson can't stay healthy because he was an incredible player for a couple of years. The RB room looks sub-average though.

toffee

Reaction score
When our defense were on the field, which is most of the time unfortunately. My eyes on our CBs, reed and brown. Glance over to Taylor and Ford but quickly back to CBs.

When offense were on the field, my eyes were on Geno when he played, or Homer when he is on the field.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not hard at all. Thru thick and thin, and this team has had a hell of a lot of success. Struggling yes, but I'd say frustrating to watch.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I still enjoy watching them (always will). I just dont expect anything anymore.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've lived through 2-14 seasons and moving vans moving my team to California, this is nothing compared to the sadness and hopeless despair I used to feel before we won our SB.

I used to think the Hawks were cursed and we'd never win a SB. NOTHING compares to those feelings.

So yeah, this season's a bummer for sure. But any Hawk fan that lived through those dark times can surely handle a down year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qqf7ahv said:
No doubt about it. Some brutal seasons back in the day.
Been a mix depending how far back you go..We had a bunch of 9-7 seasons that didn't get
us in the playoffs..Hell there was that 10-6 or 11-5?This year isn't over yet and until we lose
2 more I'm not throwing the towel on it.
I do think it's the end of the RW era however..His PR/Media and Wife will create something.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24lfq90d said:
I've lived through 2-14 seasons and moving vans moving my team to California, this is nothing compared to the sadness and hopeless despair I used to feel before we won our SB.

I used to think the Hawks were cursed and we'd never win a SB. NOTHING compares to those feelings.

So yeah, this season's a bummer for sure. But any Hawk fan that lived through those dark times can surely handle a down year.

Newer fans, and I am not knocking them at all, don't know the despair of those average Holmgren seasons. Or the outright dread of thinking we had 3-4 years of Mora ahead of us. The 2-14 season was brutal but I was unable to watch anything but national games from 82-90. Then most of the 90s I had to watch them in bars, so couldn't pay too close of attention. Since 2000, I've had Sunday Ticket so ive been able to intimately follow the despair, the Golden Age, the disintegration of a top 3 defense all time and now the looming despair of that disintegration leading to wholesale changes and rebuilding. The last 10 years have been mostly very fun but I am well equipped to handle mediocrity because of witnessing most of the rest of our history...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Those 7-8, 8-9, 9-7 mediocre seasons were a trip. Or the year that they won 2, lost 2, rinse and repeat the entire season. The ultimate mediocre season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":1azlrqqm said:
Sgt. Largent":1azlrqqm said:

Newer fans, and I am not knocking them at all, don't know the despair of those average Holmgren seasons. Or the outright dread of thinking we had 3-4 years of Mora ahead of us. The 2-14 season was brutal but I was unable to watch anything but national games from 82-90. Then most of the 90s I had to watch them in bars, so couldn't pay too close of attention. Since 2000, I've had Sunday Ticket so ive been able to intimately follow the despair, the Golden Age, the disintegration of a top 3 defense all time and now the looming despair of that disintegration leading to wholesale changes and rebuilding. The last 10 years have been mostly very fun but I am well equipped to handle mediocrity because of witnessing most of the rest of our history...

The Holmgren years were the start of the salad days for us.

The used car salesman Behring ownership years were the dark times, 7-8 years of futility as he ran a once proud organization into the ground, culminating with trying to move the Hawks to California out from under everyone's noses.

Newer fans have no idea how much they owe Paul Allen. Without him stepping in, buying the team and doing whatever it took to build Century Link in order to make the NFL happy? We don't even have a team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't feel that way at all. We're 2.5 point underdogs on Sunday not 14 point underdogs. All of our losses have been close games that we've had a chance in up until the end. This season has been both exciting and frustrating.

If you care about how we are playing then the parts of our team that aren't working are also some of the most interesting areas. Secondary lapses on defense are anything but dull, and much of our offense's problem has been high variability rather than consistency. I've never seen anybody call Russ a boring QB. We're still working on a new passing scheme, a new zone stretch blocking scheme in the running game, and we've been mixing the defense up a lot.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":34cdaz1v said:

For all my bitching ^^^^^ this. I'd just change 'anymore' to 'this season' mostly.

:0190l:

RiverDog

Reaction score
I still watch our games, but not with the same passion as I have in the past. This season, I finally broke down and got the Red Zone so I'll have it on my TV while streaming the Hawks game on my tablet.

Along the same topic, I went to the Jags game and was appalled at the lack of in house attendance. It reminded me of the Behring days in the Kingdome.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RiverDog":773brg2h said:
Along the same topic, I went to the Jags game and was appalled at the lack of in house attendance. It reminded me of the Behring days in the Kingdome.

Hawk ticket holders have been spoiled the past decade, so it's not surprising they're not exactly super pumped about going to see a backup QB on a 2-5 team play one of the worst teams in the entire league.

We bought tickets for the Niner game in two weeks, and I'll be honest the thought of sitting in freezing rain for 3-4 hours to watch our offense struggle to score a TD isn't exactly what I had in mind in August when we bought the tickets.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":sr5g70yr said:
Sgt. Largent":sr5g70yr said:

This 110%.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ik9l0bf said:

THIS^^^^

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1eg254io said:
Those 7-8, 8-9, 9-7 mediocre seasons were a trip. Or the year that they won 2, lost 2, rinse and repeat the entire season. The ultimate mediocre season.

Yeah, then there was that year with Kitna that they started out 8-2 and finished 9-7. Lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ouch, that was painful. And who can forget the classics like: Stan Gelbaugh? Jeff Kemp? Dan McGuire? Rick Mirer? Touchdown Jesus? To have Matt and Russ for so many seasons, many people have no clue how lucky we have been.
Just look at how many franchises have been searching for a good starting QB for literally decades.

Cleveland was a running joke w/all their QB's. Chicago..........brutal.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The 2-14 season was not great in terms of results.

But that was a fantastic defense.

Not sure I agree with people saying it was a terrible team. It had a terrible QB.

But that defense was worth watching.