Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shane Waldron

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Shane Waldron
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:59 pm
  • again in an effort to get away from Russ and Carroll lets take a look at Shane Waldron

Here is his PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IronUOSeqGE

What's Waldron's grade up to this point in the season? i would give him a C -

Shane says some of the 3rd down conversion issues are with the rhythm and timing of the play and hitting the check down and giving the receiver a chance to break a tackle and get the first down... I thought that was interesting

what did you guys think of his PC?

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Shane Waldron
Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:09 pm
  • I thought most of what he had to say was about the passing game. He talked about balance. But he kept coming back to focusing on line calls, picking up blitzes, getting receivers open and getting them more receptions. I either missed or didn't pick up on references to running the football.

I didn't think this particular press conference was all that informative. But this is his first year. He's got his own learning curve. Grade? Incomplete I suppose.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:22 pm
  • I'll kind and give him a D

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:15 am
  • Hard to blame him, will say this first, the Rams struggled until they got quicker agile lineman on offense and RB's that fit the scheme. We have plodders not agility type guys with one exception, Pocic.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:12 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Hard to blame him, will say this first, the Rams struggled until they got quicker agile lineman on offense and RB's that fit the scheme. We have plodders not agility type guys with one exception, Pocic.
    You're right Chris, didn't look at it from that angle.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 am
  • Run run deep ball run run deep ball run deep ball run run deep ball. Please. This guy stinks.
    NY Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:58 pm
  • I think Waldron is in a tough position... but I like the way he is progressing through it... he said that he had to trust himself and trust everybody around him and if he did that they would see success... I agree with him... this is the way Carroll does things and I think its a very healthy way of looking at it

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:09 pm
  • Who was it that said if you want me to cook, let me do the grocery shopping? The Tuna perhaps?

It's way too premature to be passing judgment on Waldron, so I agree with who ever it was that said give him an incomplete grade. We're barely through his first season.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:22 pm
  • RiverDog wrote:Who was it that said if you want me to cook, let me do the grocery shopping? The Tuna perhaps?

It's way too premature to be passing judgment on Waldron, so I agree with who ever it was that said give him an incomplete grade. We're barely through his first season.

This!!
    John63
    NET Veteran

Shane Waldron
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:26 pm
  • edit. oops.
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:33 pm
  • RiverDog wrote:Who was it that said if you want me to cook, let me do the grocery shopping? The Tuna perhaps?

ok fair enough but you can see he is in a really weird situation in the POSSIBILITY that he could be in the middle of a philosophy difference between what Wilson wants to do and what Carroll wants to do...

If your Waldron a first time coordinator its not like you want to take sides i guess you would just do the best you can and trust that it will work itself out...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:02 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Hard to blame him, will say this first, the Rams struggled until they got quicker agile lineman on offense and RB's that fit the scheme. We have plodders not agility type guys with one exception, Pocic.

Good point. That's an adjustment that isn't gonna be addressed this year.

Every year I find myself conflicted about what trade offs they look for in offensive linemen.

Going forward, maybe Waldron will help resolve that.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pm

Sorry, I refuse to blame Russ , so I will blame Shane. This time last year's we were cooking.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:11 pm
  • I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:16 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.
    I did enjoyed Bevell's trick plays.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:57 am
  • toffee wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:Who was it that said if you want me to cook, let me do the grocery shopping? The Tuna perhaps?

Sorry, I refuse to blame Russ , so I will blame Shane. This time last year's we were cooking.

This time last year, it all went to ass.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 am
  • He's just window dressing...Carroll and Wilson are driving this offense into the dirt . IMO
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:00 am
  • NY Hawk wrote:Run run deep ball run run deep ball run deep ball run run deep ball. Please. This guy stinks.

His plays don't dictate the deep pass. Often you'll have a receiver run a pattern up field on a clear out to open up routes underneath. Doesnt mean the ball is supposed to go there.

Other times there are over routes and under. Qb picks where he wants to go based on what he sees.
    Last edited by keasley45 on Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:05 am
  • Just like last year, I think the plays that are being called work pretty well. The design is getting guys open. Next step is just getting the ball there.

What I don't like is the constant abandoning of the run game and TE's. It makes the offense one dimensional. Not sure who mandated the passes to TE against GB but it worked well when we did it.
    Waldron needs to dial more of that up.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:55 am
  • If I were him I'd resign at the end of the year. This job is going to kill his career.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:35 am
  • TreeRon wrote:If I were him I'd resign at the end of the year. This job is going to kill his career.

I dont think he has to worry about that. Those who make decisions about who to hire know not to judge the performance of his offense based on broadcast tape. They also know the situation he's in in Seattle.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:06 am
  • TreeRon wrote:If I were him I'd resign at the end of the year. This job is going to kill his career.

Many things will change this off season, although I think it's one year too late. Good chance either Pete or Russ won't be around. If we change HC, the new guy probably wants to bring in his own crew. It gets more interesting if Pete stays,
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:49 pm
  • keasley45 wrote:Just like last year, I think the plays that are being called work pretty well. The design is getting guys open. Next step is just getting the ball there.

What I don't like is the constant abandoning of the run game and TE's. It makes the offense one dimensional. Not sure who mandated the passes to TE against GB but it worked well when we did it.
    Waldron needs to dial more of that up.

I think Waldron said it in his PC, His offense is about the timing of the play getting rid of the ball at the right time... That is not what Russ is used to so I can see how that might be an adjustment for Russ, his O is better suited for Geno I think ...but yeah I agree about the run game we know what Collins can do but I'm really hoping that Penny has a break out game... I can see that Penny might be really good at screens the Hawks are not so good at that but I'm wondering if we are going to see this against AZ... I think if he doesn't break out soon he might not have another chance past this year that makes me sad because I like Penny he is a good kid and I'm so rooting for him...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:56 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.

His “trick play” cost the team a Lombardi trophy.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:15 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.

I'm among those who think that Lombardi moment and game winning outcome was delivered by a highly disruptive defensive back. But that's not on topic. So, I'll leave it at that.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:45 pm
  • It's not Waldron. Wilson needs to stop running around like his god damn head is cut off. Everybody on this forum blames Waldron the O-line etc...it's F'ing Wilson. Dude needs to learn how to read the defenses and adjust.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:43 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Conspiracy theory without evidence : passing play was an audible?

toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:14 pm
  • Brian Schottenheimer not gonna lie , I though he was decent. Felt like Him & Wilson got along great. They even had the Jesus Piece thing going. Wilson likes Waldron but not the way he did Schotty in my opinion.
    SlickRick
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:23 pm
  • I know you want to get away from Wilson/Carroll, but it's impossible to grade Waldron with those two hanging over his head.

The root cause of our offensive problems are those guys. Waldron has designed some decent stuff. Wilson simply doesn't read the field the way he needs to for this offense and he isn't willing to run the offense the way we just saw Colt McCoy do. He wants this homerun balls.

My grade for Waldron at this point would be 'Incomplete'.
    DarkVictory23
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 pm
  • It's all on the defense this season. How many clock eating drives are they gonna give up or extending plays with drive extending penalties?Everyone and their Grand mother knows how scheme against this defense. Dink and dunk,then throw a screen for a first down.
    Oh yeah... I keep hearing well... They don't give up much points?
    Kiss my ass... It's ridiculous how much time of position the opposing offenses are eating up. Pete's got to grow some balls and fire knj now and take over calling the defensive plays. And if it's still this bad at the end of the season? I hope Jodi Allen has it in her to make a change.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:51 pm
  • How can you rate him when its so obvious that PC is still calling most of the games?
    Ever wondered while no matter the OC we still play the same crappy stuff? Well guess who's been there throughout....PC

So you cant really rate him but rather just feel sorry
    HD48
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:54 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:Brian Schottenheimer not gonna lie , I though he was decent. Felt like Him & Wilson got along great. They even had the Jesus Piece thing going. Wilson likes Waldron but not the way he did Schotty in my opinion.

U agree problem is he was tired of acquessing to PC. The OCs are the scape goats for PC. Read his book it will be obvious.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 pm
  • DarkVictory23 wrote:I know you want to get away from Wilson/Carroll, but it's impossible to grade Waldron with those two hanging over his head.

The root cause of our offensive problems are those guys. Waldron has designed some decent stuff. Wilson simply doesn't read the field the way he needs to for this offense and he isn't willing to run the offense the way we just saw Colt McCoy do. He wants this homerun balls.

My grade for Waldron at this point would be 'Incomplete'.

I disagree I think Wilson. Is getting caught between what Waldron wants and what PC wants. Fyi he once again through morw short with in the offense than long.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:56 pm
  • HD48 wrote:How can you rate him when its so obvious that PC is still calling most of the games?
    Ever wondered while no matter the OC we still play the same crappy stuff? Well guess who's been there throughout....PC

So you cant really rate him but rather just feel sorry

This and let's be real this was even before Wilson and with every team PC has been HC
    John63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information