Shane Waldron

LTH

Reaction score
again in an effort to get away from Russ and Carroll lets take a look at Shane Waldron

Here is his PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IronUOSeqGE

What's Waldron's grade up to this point in the season? i would give him a C -

Shane says some of the 3rd down conversion issues are with the rhythm and timing of the play and hitting the check down and giving the receiver a chance to break a tackle and get the first down... I thought that was interesting

what did you guys think of his PC?

LTH

Jville

Reaction score
I thought most of what he had to say was about the passing game. He talked about balance. But he kept coming back to focusing on line calls, picking up blitzes, getting receivers open and getting them more receptions. I either missed or didn't pick up on references to running the football.

I didn't think this particular press conference was all that informative. But this is his first year. He's got his own learning curve. Grade? Incomplete I suppose.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hard to blame him, will say this first, the Rams struggled until they got quicker agile lineman on offense and RB's that fit the scheme. We have plodders not agility type guys with one exception, Pocic.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1406v5cq said:
Hard to blame him, will say this first, the Rams struggled until they got quicker agile lineman on offense and RB's that fit the scheme. We have plodders not agility type guys with one exception, Pocic.
You're right Chris, didn't look at it from that angle.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Run run deep ball run run deep ball run deep ball run run deep ball. Please. This guy stinks.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I think Waldron is in a tough position... but I like the way he is progressing through it... he said that he had to trust himself and trust everybody around him and if he did that they would see success... I agree with him... this is the way Carroll does things and I think its a very healthy way of looking at it

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
Who was it that said if you want me to cook, let me do the grocery shopping? The Tuna perhaps?

It's way too premature to be passing judgment on Waldron, so I agree with who ever it was that said give him an incomplete grade. We're barely through his first season.

John63

Reaction score
RiverDog":1855tl55 said:
Who was it that said if you want me to cook, let me do the grocery shopping? The Tuna perhaps?

It's way too premature to be passing judgment on Waldron, so I agree with who ever it was that said give him an incomplete grade. We're barely through his first season.

This!!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":11qjp7ss said:

ok fair enough but you can see he is in a really weird situation in the POSSIBILITY that he could be in the middle of a philosophy difference between what Wilson wants to do and what Carroll wants to do...

If your Waldron a first time coordinator its not like you want to take sides i guess you would just do the best you can and trust that it will work itself out...

LTH

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":nnfgvkat said:

Good point. That's an adjustment that isn't gonna be addressed this year.

Every year I find myself conflicted about what trade offs they look for in offensive linemen.

Going forward, maybe Waldron will help resolve that.

toffee

Reaction score
RiverDog":2yvbbscx said:

Sorry, I refuse to blame Russ , so I will blame Shane. This time last year's we were cooking.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":c0te1qvn said:
I was surprised by his hire. He only called plays for a handful of games for the Rams. McVay is primary play caller there. S he’s really green to this as an OC. But I thought he had potential plus if that is who RW wanted, maybe he could work out. But unfortunately it seems more of the same as the past few seasons. Actually the Bevell offense has been better than the one they are running now. That’s not a good thing.
I did enjoyed Bevell's trick plays.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":w3f8yxdc said:
RiverDog":w3f8yxdc said:

Sorry, I refuse to blame Russ , so I will blame Shane. This time last year's we were cooking.

This time last year, it all went to ass.

xray

Reaction score
He's just window dressing...Carroll and Wilson are driving this offense into the dirt . IMO

keasley45

Reaction score
NY Hawk":zezp3krm said:
Run run deep ball run run deep ball run deep ball run run deep ball. Please. This guy stinks.

His plays don't dictate the deep pass. Often you'll have a receiver run a pattern up field on a clear out to open up routes underneath. Doesnt mean the ball is supposed to go there.

Other times there are over routes and under. Qb picks where he wants to go based on what he sees.

keasley45

Reaction score
Just like last year, I think the plays that are being called work pretty well. The design is getting guys open. Next step is just getting the ball there.

What I don't like is the constant abandoning of the run game and TE's. It makes the offense one dimensional. Not sure who mandated the passes to TE against GB but it worked well when we did it.
Waldron needs to dial more of that up.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If I were him I'd resign at the end of the year. This job is going to kill his career.

Latest posts