Carson out for the season!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I really like Carson. I love the physicality he runs with. Sadly though, I think it is time to find his replacement (it's not anyone currently on the roster imo).

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Carson hasn't been good for a while now and never available. Hopefully it isn't career ending but he needs to contemplate retirement

RiverDog

Reaction score
Neck injuries are something you don't want to mess with. If I'm Chris Carson, I'd be thinking long and hard about calling it a career and walk away with my health.

James in PA

Reaction score
Its ok, Penny 'bout to ball out!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the first person who claims Carson isn't tough should just stop watching football. I think he will retire, this has been a problem for a long while. If so, they got a hell of a lot of production out of a 7th round pick.

zchurch74

Reaction score
He may be tough but he is another injury waiting to happen. Time to move on from our entire RB room. Let’s draft 2 more RB busts.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2v8puuxo said:
And the first person who claims Carson isn't tough should just stop watching football. I think he will retire, this has been a problem for a long while. If so, they got a hell of a lot of production out of a 7th round pick.

Agreed. Anyone who's playing pro football has to be tough. Only a small percentage even get the privilege of doing so. Sorry to hear about Carson. I hope he makes full a recovery.

Looking ahead. There are a number of good backs in this year's draft. A few names that may be on the Seahawks radar may be -

Kenneth Walker, Mich St (most likely is the best rb in NCAA currently)
Breece Hall, Iowa St
Tyler Allegaier, BYU
Zonovan Knight, NC State

sdog1981

Reaction score
The guy runs to contact we love it, however, it will always limit the number of games he can play.

People were always frustrated with Alexander and how he ran, but the dude was available for every game.

Jville

Reaction score

Asked how much confidence he had that Carson will be able to play next year, Carroll said, "Every bit of it that he will. That's the whole reason that we're doing it now, and he's all for it. He just couldn't shake it. He tried like crazy to get it done, and this is so he can play next year."

Carroll said the injury isn't a long-term one that carried over from past seasons, saying, "There's just a little spot in one of his (vertebrae), he's got a rough spot in there that's irritating a nerve. … It's a wear and tear type of thing that developed. He has not had signs of it from the past."

Carroll reiterated a point he made earlier in the season that Carson's injury is not the same as the neck injuries that ended the careers of Seahawks Legends Kam Chancellor and Cliff Avril, hence the optimism Carson will play next season.

Link to source >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-rb-chris-carson-to-have-season-ending-neck-surgery[/urltargetblank]

xray

Reaction score
James in PA":3lomrimx said:
Its ok, Penny 'bout to ball out!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UR sooooo lucky I can't slap U from here .

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Big fan of Chris Carson, but i's time for him to call it a career.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I’m starting to think his NFL career might be over? I wish him luck.

PNW

Reaction score
getnasty":31ued5vt said:
Does anyone know exactly what kind of neck injury?
Based on what Pete said it sounds like one of his vertebrae has a bulging disk or some kind of damage and is pinching a nerve, if I was him I would just retire, neck injuries are nothing to play around with, especially with his type of physical running style.

chris98251

Reaction score
They have amazing technology now, but fusing or trying to puts some kind of spacer in the neck area to act as a disc? Not a good thing when you make a living headbutting 3 hundred pounders many times.

Vesuve

Reaction score
RiverDog":35tct34u said:
Neck injuries are something you don't want to mess with. If I'm Chris Carson, I'd be thinking long and hard about calling it a career and walk away with my health.

I agree, sadly.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
While Carson is a hard runner it is just because of that reality that he has been only available for 45 of 64 regular season games up until this year. The team’s preferred running style uses up running backs.

By the end of this season with him for sure now being out for the rest of the season he will have only played in 48 of 81 regular season games. He is hardly a player who fairly can be regarded as reliable in terms of availability with that 59% availability record.

The neck injury is clearly worrisome and often signals the end of the player’s career. I am a fan of Carson b/c you have to respect his tough running style but I suspect he’s very close to being done. I would not give him a big 3rd contract as he has been used up which is sad and unfortunate but a reality.