Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Team is Done

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
This Team is Done
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:14 pm
  • It's over. It was a hell of a run. Pete and Co brought the city of Seattle a Lombardi trophy and for that I will always be grateful. But this team is done.

I was one of the longest standing optimists and supporters of Pete. I still backed the guy even when everyone else wanted him gone. But now I see I may have been looking with nostalgia glasses. There is no more chance of turning it around for this football team. They are done. They are out coached every week. Russ looks broken. The D gets cut up by Colt McCoy. This football team is 100% done folks. It kills me to say it. But it's true.

They sold the future for a safety who can't play coverage. We have no 1st RD picks. It's all over. I hate to admit defeat but it's truly over. What we need to do now is blow the whole thing up. Pete should retire or go to USC. We should trade Russ for 1sts. Draft a QB and start all over. Maybe it will take 10+ years because of the ridiculous trades, but it doesn't matter. Just start over.

Today was the day I admit this team is done
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Re: This Team is Done
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:16 pm
  • Pure trash all season long with the exception of the first game of the season.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:19 pm
  • We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

Wilson needs to shut it down & come back stronger next season if that's with Seattle so be it & if not it is what it is.
    SlickRick
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:30 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

Wilson needs to shut it down & come back stronger next season if that's with Seattle so be it & if not it is what it is.

I doubt he will play here next season. They should trade him honestly.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 pm
  • Welshers wrote:
    SlickRick wrote:We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

For Aaron Rodgers?
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:32 pm
  • Lol it’s been done since like 4 seasons ago
    BamKam
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:32 pm
  • Mizak wrote:
    Welshers wrote:
    SlickRick wrote:We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

For Aaron Rodgers?

I'd take that if they could honestly. It'd be a good trade for GB. But it won't happen. So start stocking up picks and rebuilding. Pick a QB. We can even draft one this year in a later round. There have been good QBs drafted late (Russ and Brady come to mind)
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:33 pm
  • Somethings not right with Russ's head. He can no longer lead this team.
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:36 pm
  • BamKam wrote:Lol it’s been done since like 4 seasons ago

Yep
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:36 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:Somethings not right with Russ's head. He can no longer lead this team.

I agree. He's just making terrible decisions. And the decision making can't be excused by bad health.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:43 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:Somethings not right with Russ's head. He can no longer lead this team.

Half right...he also doesn't have the same grip and feel as before with his money hand . IMO
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:08 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    BamKam wrote:Lol it’s been done since like 4 seasons ago

Yep

:ditto:
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:16 pm
  • This team has been "done" since the end of 49.

As traitorous as this sounds, it's about time this team started losing to expose the true issues and flaws with this franchise. And it starts from the top
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

3-7Re: This Team is Done
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:19 pm
  • 3-7 and quite frankly the team looks simply awful.

The O is toothless, Wilson looks tentative and simply out of sync, next to no running game, weak OLine play, combined with a weak D unable to make plays.

Stick a fork in the Hawks they’re done!
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:22 pm
  • How the game stats read:

Cardinals 79 plays, Seahawks 49 plays.
    Time of possession is a 40-20 massacre.
    Seahawks offense didn't generate a lot of yards.
    There weren't any turnovers.
    There weren't any big ST plays.
    Penalty totals and yardage appear close.

Despite all of that it was a 3 point game after 50 minutes - against 1 of the NFL's best teams.
    flv
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:27 pm
  • flv wrote:How the game stats read:

Despite all of that it was a 3 point game after 50 minutes - against 1 of the NFL's best teams.

....against their backup quarterback without their best receiver.
    Still gave up 350 passing yards.
    We've now gone 0-2 vs Colt McCoy the last two seasons
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:28 pm

One of the NFL’s best teams without two of their best players....Don’t fool yourself if they had Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins it would’ve been a massacre, Colt McCoy beat us down and had the best game he’s had since 2014 against us.
    PNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Because their kicker stunk today also. Seattle should have never been in that game.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:45 pm

With Colt McCoy surgically dissecting the D....
    FattyKnuckle
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:55 pm
  • The original version of my post said the Seahawks 'chunk yardage' offense couldn't generate 1st downs and the defense couldn't prevent 1st downs. The Seahawks didn't win any phase of the game, (except punting), and still, somehow, kept it close. I've only seen clips of this game. (I had to sit through all of the Dolphins @ Jets game and I didn't want to watch a full game of any team straight after that).
    flv
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:09 pm
  • Pete should retire. The team should trade Russ to the Miami Dolphins for Tua and a first-round pick.
    Keyhawk
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:16 pm
  • flv wrote:The original version of my post said the Seahawks 'chunk yardage' offense couldn't generate 1st downs and the defense couldn't prevent 1st downs. The Seahawks didn't win any phase of the game, (except punting), and still, somehow, kept it close. I've only seen clips of this game. (I had to sit through all of the Dolphins @ Jets game and I didn't want to watch a full game of any team straight after that).

It was really only close because of shanked kicks.
    FattyKnuckle
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:22 pm
  • Trade Rus to NYJ or Phil and get some of their first round picks. Phil has three in top 15.

Time to start over and Russ is no longer the answer
    eo620
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 pm
  • Keyhawk wrote:Pete should retire. The team should trade Russ to the Miami Dolphins for Tua and a first-round pick.

You wouldn't want Tagovailoa. He's not NFL starter material. It was painful today watching the Dolphins operate 1-read-or-run plays for a high pick QB in his 2nd season. He just doesn't have a football IQ. On 1 play today the NT blatantly jumped offside, flags went in the air, everyone knew he had a free play...and he threw a short pass out-of-bounds rather than risk a pick.
    flv
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:34 pm
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:34 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:We've now gone 0-2 vs Colt McCoy the last two seasons

Did McCoy or Wilson play better today? That isn't a set up, I'm looking for your honest opinion and whether it affects how we should feel about losing to Colt McCoy, given that he is playing for 1.2m while Russ has a cap hit of 32m.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:38 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:We've now gone 0-2 vs Colt McCoy the last two seasons

Did McCoy or Wilson play better today? That isn't a set up, I'm looking for your honest opinion and whether it affects how we should feel about losing to Colt McCoy, given that he is playing for 1.2m while Russ has a cap hit of 32m.

We should definitely feel bad since mccoy only beats bad teams
    strohmin
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:56 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:We've now gone 0-2 vs Colt McCoy the last two seasons

McCoy played better. He took advantage of what the defense gave him and moved the chains. He avoided pressure for the most part and gave his playmakers an opportunity to win.

Wilson was hesitant and looked like hes still nursing a finger injury.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:25 pm
  • I could not agree more, but the first thing that needs to happen is Pete needs to give up his control over the draft. He has whiffed with high draft picks over the last 5 years or so plus his defense sucks. I dont care what the stats say no team is worried by this defense. Pete needs to step back and look at where this team is headed but I dont think Pete is capable of getting the hawks over the hump anymore. As long as he is the coach the hawks will fall short.
    hairy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm
  • They were done years ago, but people chose to turn a blind eye to all of the problems, because of descent W-L regular season records. Problems continued to mount, fester even. Until it's undeniable to the most devout. It's good to know we've now crossed that line.

Pete has to retire, move on, go back to college, get fired, whatever. Before the rebuild can actually start proper. Otherwise the downward trend will only continue.

Colt McCoy attacked Jordan Brooks the whole game, and made he and Zach Ertz look like All-Pros.

The friends and family were laughing at the Seahawks. And their failure to adjust. These people are more like the normy kind of fans too, they're not hardcore. They couldn't believe how the defense kept getting beat by the same concepts over and over again. The offense is a hot mess as well from the O-Line, to the Receivers dropping balls, JAG RBs, the QB injured, out of sorts, not comfortable, and playing like crap.

It's a full-on implosion.

The silver lining is we get to see if ownership is asleep at the wheel or not this upcoming off-season. This is where ownership needs to step in and fix this.

If Pete stays, prepare for it to get much worse. He is the worst coach in the division and he's only getting farther behind the much younger and better coaches in the division.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:58 pm
  • Fade wrote:The silver lining is we get to see if ownership is asleep at the wheel or not this upcoming off-season. This is where ownership needs to step in and fix this.

Ownership wont fix anything. They dont know how. Its why they gave Pete all the power. In their eyes, its up to Pete to fix the issues when in truth, he's the biggest issue of all.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:16 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

I think he already did just that.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:18 pm
  • I feel the running game is fine.. its the poor play calls at poor times and poor audibles that hurts
    balakoth
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:22 pm
  • Mizak wrote:
    Welshers wrote:

For Aaron Rodgers?

I think Rodgers like to play with a good line.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:29 pm
  • Pete's game is predicated on a strong run game and solid D. He/we really lucked out by getting Marshawn, and developing the LOB, one of the best defenses ever. That level of D can't last forever.

After losing Marshawn, we never found that next great back, and have been going downhill ever since.
    Pete keeps thinking he can bring back that magic. He can't. It's simply time to move on from him.

I'm ready for the blow up. I just hope our next coach can f*** use TEs correctly.
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:44 pm
  • If I’m the Seahawks team president, I’m calling up John Schnieder tonight and saying “I want your plan for how we’re going to win the NFC West by 2024 on my desk by Wednesday morning,” and if item number 1 isn’t tell Pete to resign or be fired at the end of the year, then I’m firing John, Pete and everyone down to the waterboys the day after the season ends.

We don’t need to do what the Giants did and keep a coach and QB around just on past performance.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:10 am
  • Reaneypark wrote:If I’m the Seahawks team president, I’m calling up John Schnieder tonight and saying “I want your plan for how we’re going to win the NFC West by 2024 on my desk by Wednesday morning,” and if item number 1 isn’t tell Pete to resign or be fired at the end of the year, then I’m firing John, Pete and everyone down to the waterboys the day after the season ends.

We don’t need to do what the Giants did and keep a coach and QB around just on past performance.

I can understand why they hung on as long as they did with 2 SBs wins to show for it. But in this case as soon as Schotty showed up and the season seemed to play out very similarly to other seasons with the same pressers. Done. Sadly I really do think Pete or RW could have excelled without the other for the Seahawks, but combined it just didn't work. RW's salary doesn't allow Pete to have the team he wants. Pete doesn't know how to use RW effectively either. It worked in the beginning before RW was a top paid QB.

Here's hoping they can turn this ship around in 2 years and not 2 decades. They as in the FO, time to move on from Pete . Preferably keep RW to attract a new HC, but I have a feeling he's going too.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:12 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:This team has been "done" since the end of 49.

As traitorous as this sounds, it's about time this team started losing to expose the true issues and flaws with this franchise. And it starts from the top

I've mentioned before as soon as SB 49 ended, they should have fired Bevell even though everyone logically knew it wasn't his fault, but they needed a scape goat to prove accountability. And none was taken since that moment.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:35 am
  • Reaneypark wrote:If I’m the Seahawks team president, I’m calling up John Schnieder tonight and saying “I want your plan for how we’re going to win the NFC West by 2024 on my desk by Wednesday morning,” and if item number 1 isn’t tell Pete to resign or be fired at the end of the year, then I’m firing John, Pete and everyone down to the waterboys the day after the season ends.

Pete already probably made those calls to John, and based on his Press conference tonight already had the call to himself also and got no answers.

EXECUTIVE VP OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS/HEAD COACH

He is the highest Ranking direct Management of the Team.

Bert Kolde
    VICE CHAIR, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS & PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

That man is the direct link to Jody, the others at Vulcan are also involved with other aspects but I think if there is someone who is going to get involved first it would be him to Jody.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:47 am
  • Keyhawk wrote:Pete should retire. The team should trade Russ to the Miami Dolphins for Tua and a first-round pick.

Tua isn’t any good so why would you want him.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:50 am
  • ZagHawk wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:This team has been "done" since the end of 49.

I've mentioned before as soon as SB 49 ended, they should have fired Bevell even though everyone logically knew it wasn't his fault, but they needed a scape goat to prove accountability. And none was taken since that moment.

It was Bevell’s fault though. His play call was the “2nd and wrong”.
    And yes, he should have been fired 2 minutes after the game ended and told he’s walking home.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:03 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Keyhawk wrote:Pete should retire. The team should trade Russ to the Miami Dolphins for Tua and a first-round pick.

Tua isn’t any good so why would you want him.

Younger and cheaper than Russ? And Russ isn’t any good right now either.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:06 am

I certainly don't know everything - but THIS ^^^^ seems right to me. I like the concept of management being/holding people accountable - which really hasn't happened at all in the past few years. I do think (RIP) that PA passing kicked the can down the road. I also think the can has been kicked as far down the road as it can be.

Time for upper management/owners to shake it up and clean house.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:34 am
  • ddores wrote:
    Reaneypark wrote:If I’m the Seahawks team president, I’m calling up John Schnieder tonight and saying “I want your plan for how we’re going to win the NFC West by 2024 on my desk by Wednesday morning,” and if item number 1 isn’t tell Pete to resign or be fired at the end of the year, then I’m firing John, Pete and everyone down to the waterboys the day after the season ends.

I certainly don't know everything - but THIS ^^^^ seems right to me. I like the concept of management being/holding people accountable - which really hasn't happened at all in the past few years. I do think (RIP) that PA passing kicked the can down the road. I also think the can has been kicked as far down the road as it can be.

Time for upper management/owners to shake it up and clean house.

That would be cool but Schneider isn’t the main problem.

Schneider can’t control what Carroll does.

Carroll was given ultimate all football making decisions power.

It all starts with Carroll and the only chance Seattle has to become great again is to get rid of Carroll first!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 am
  • You sign Minshew, he has proven he is adequate, or maybe White who showed he can play maybe not Franchise but build the rest of the team while you look for the guy you want, not one you reach for.

You then have Cap space, to keep guys that can make a difference as they mature, you can draft a line on both sides as you wait for your draft picks to come back around.

We sold our soul to the devil for a quick fix and now you pay the piper.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information