Probably should have benched Wilson after halftime...

BChawkfan

Reaction score
He clearly wasnt ready for action again today.
He looked like a 3rd string QB today. No focus in his eyes,no drive in his heart. He looks completely defeated

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
BChawkfan":9s25cvh3 said:
He looked like a 3rd string QB today. No focus in his eyes,no drive in his heart. He looks completely defeated

So did Pete after the unwinnable challenge. Not as terrible as most of his challenge decisions are but it still was a bad challenge. I don't remember him looking so dejected even in the final minutes of XLIX. He knows. He finally saw a proverbial photo of himself showing that he does indeed have a huge bald spot and he's been fooling himself about it for quite awhile. I use this analogy because I have a photo of me at the exact second I realized I was in fact bald.

John63

Reaction score
BChawkfan":a5o8u8wy said:

So he made some mistakes. We had some drops, and way to much pressure. That said the rest we'll that is your opinion about his drive etc. Or your hopes. That said he led a scoring drive and all we needed was the defense to hold and PC gets what he wants his close game win in the end. Fyi our defense made a backup look like an all pro.

keasley45

Reaction score
The look in his eyes is one of knowing he was given what he asked for this seasonand is left in a place where there are no more excuses. Rodgers is Rodgers again. Brady is Brady again. Mahomes is still the golden boy, and Wilson has now watched come to pass what he was trying to diver attention from this offseason... the truth that he isn't in the same class. I'm 200% convinced we win with a qb as capable of reading defenses as Colt McCoy was.

It's no surprise that just about the only consisten plays that worked were passes to the TE. Why? Because those are from the section of the playbook that Waldron brought but Russ doenst like to use. Defenses aren't familiar with them and so they are successful. The rest of it... typical Russ Ball. Missed reads. Then scrambling, then buying time and finding Lockett.

Problem here is that fans think the offense not working is Pete's fault. Or Waldrons fault when the fact was that the only part of the offense that worked again was the run game.

And so it's like a kid in high-school bombing quiz after quiz after homework assignment, and then pulling a rabbit out of his ass on the midterm exam with an A- and thus salvaging a C+ for the year.

Russ is awful running a typical offense. Awful. But then he does his tapdance and whirls his arm talent and is fortunate to have a guy on the other end in Lockett that can find the open spots and make the grab.

But this show looks to be coming to an end.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":z4dburh9 said:
BChawkfan":z4dburh9 said:

So he made some mistakes. We had some drops, and way to much pressure. That said the rest we'll that is your opinion about his drive etc. Or your hopes. That said he led a scoring drive and all we needed was the defense to hold and PC gets what he wants his close game win in the end. Fyi our defense made a backup look like an all pro.

The defense was gassed again and down two starting CBs. I'll give it to you, this was a bad game for them, but they were down from the beginning.

And again, when we need to hold the ball and score in the redzone, we abandoned the run DESPITE CHURNING AT 6 YPC IN THE FIRST HALF AND TAKE 2 FG'S INSTEAD OF 2 TD's

This isn't half baked opinion as is always the answer when someone is critical of Russ. The world sees it. The announcer called it out in the broadcast and gave Russ a pass because of his finger. This play predates his finger.

But please. When clips from the all 22 get posted again with wrs open... again. And russ doing 'Russ' weigh in on how his inability to do the same simple things over and over and over again is just 'OPINION'.

stack55

Reaction score
It ain’t all Russell s fault. He was running for his life the whole game.

Maybe we could say that if he didn’t draw so much money out of the
Cap that we could have some better linemen or you could look at Pete
And JS and say there drafting has been questionable.

Russell is definitely off with his passing game. Rust or his fingers could
Come into play, but you couldn’t say he was tired since he was on the
Bench with the rest of the offense because our defense can’t get off the
Field.

Our defense is terrible because we don’t have any real pass rushers. If
There’s no pressure on there Qb then it makes it hard on our linebackers
And our db’s to do there jobs. Colt MCCoy did look like a all pro today .

We just really have a bad team right now. I am expecting them to lose.
The cardinals had a 16 play, 80+ yard , 7 first downs drive, to start the
Game. I don’t know how we can get out of this slump. I don’t think we will.

chris98251

Reaction score
keasley45":2emmprqu said:
John63":2emmprqu said:
BChawkfan":2emmprqu said:

The defense was gassed again and down two starting CBs. I'll give it to you, this was a bad game for them, but they were down from the beginning.

And again, when we need to hold the ball and score in the redzone, we abandoned the run DESPITE CHURNING AT 6 YPC IN THE FIRST HALF AND TAKE 2 FG'S INSTEAD OF 2 TD's

This isn't half baked opinion as is always the answer when someone is critical of Russ. The world sees it. The announcer called it out in the broadcast and gave Russ a pass because of his finger. This play predates his finger.

But please. When clips from the all 22 get posted again with wrs open... again. And russ doing 'Russ' weigh in on how his inability to do the same simple things over and over and over again is just 'OPINION'.

I don't want to hear he is Rusty, He had a full game in GB to knock any of that off in, Colt McCoy would look like a Grill left outside for winters on end with the amount of Rust he has and yet he looked pretty much like a Surgeon out there, so John63 put your rusty argument with the rest of the empty excuses.

OP
OP
B

BChawkfan

Reaction score
John63":44svjnvr said:
BChawkfan":44svjnvr said:

This thread has nothing to do with what the defense did or didnt do.

If you watched the game youd have seen that Wilson was lucky on his scoring drive because Lockett stepped out before catching the ball. Refs didnt see it.

You are delirious if you think all the defence had to do was stop them at the end and we win the close game. Hahahahshahaha.

And, why would you think that I would hope our star QB has lost his drive. This my team through thick and thin since day one. I'm just making comments on facts. That is all.
Go Hawks

John63

Reaction score
stack55":rxjwmi5c said:
It ain’t all Russell s fault. He was running for his life the whole game.

Maybe we could say that if he didn’t draw so much money out of the
Cap that we could have some better linemen or you could look at Pete
And JS and say there drafting has been questionable.

Russell is definitely off with his passing game. Rust or his fingers could
Come into play, but you couldn’t say he was tired since he was on the
Bench with the rest of the offense because our defense can’t get off the
Field.

Our defense is terrible because we don’t have any real pass rushers. If
There’s no pressure on there Qb then it makes it hard on our linebackers
And our db’s to do there jobs. Colt MCCoy did look like a all pro today .

We just really have a bad team right now. I am expecting them to lose.
The cardinals had a 16 play, 80+ yard , 7 first downs drive, to start the
Game. I don’t know how we can get out of this slump. I don’t think we will.

This^^^