This Season Is A Perfect Example

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
,,,,of what happens when Wilson doesnt play out of his mind to offset the terrible coaching. I just cant understand the people that want to keep Carroll and get rid of Russ.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":rih65ga9 said:
,,,,of what happens when Wilson doesnt play out of his mind to offset the terrible coaching. I just cant understand the people that want to keep Carroll and get rid of Russ.

I wanna get rid of Russ regardless of coaching, because I'm of the opinion that he has demonstrably regressed as a player and will not get much better over the rest of his career.

DEPENDING on the offer they can get in return for him, that is.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1c94ybr8 said:
pittpnthrs":1c94ybr8 said:

I wanna get rid of Russ regardless of coaching, because I'm of the opinion that he has demonstrably regressed as a player and will not get much better over the rest of his career.

I get that but he's still a top 10 QB when healthy. I'm all for bringing in a young guy to groom though.

hawk45

Reaction score
Asking Wilson to hit wide open receivers in the end zone is reasonable I feel but okay.

He’s been crap this year.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2j6wz3vr said:

Denial. Wilson is still not 100%. And he is still rusty. I also believe the tug of war between PC and OC is causing issues. It did last year and is again. Now Wilson did not play great. He made some mistakes. Receivers made mistakes 5+ drops. Oline made mistakes. Defense made mistakes. Mostly the HC made mistakes. Anyone with eyes can see the difference when PC gets involved in the offense and when he stays out of it. But that is PC. Read his book and remember when he hired every OC he always said they like to do things we want to do. In his book his thoughts on offense is spelled out, run, thrown long outside the numbers and keep it one and win I the end. This is not going to change. Remember the SB Lynch had to ask if they could keep scoring, that's says it all

hawk45

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1eeojqgo said:
pittpnthrs":1eeojqgo said:

I think we can win with Russ again if we run the ball constantly until teams bring a safety down then repeat ad infinitum.

But Russ won’t submit to that unless we get another Lynch to where the obvious talent of the back makes running less of a reflection on Russ’s limitations.

I don’t want JS picking in the first but if we trade first rounders for a haul later then maybe I’m in.

kf3339

Reaction score
Yes, the smoke and mirrors of RW's hero ball plays have saved this franchise for several years. But it has also hid the clear issues with bad coaching, player analysis, drafts, trades and FA signings failures as well.

The problems have been there to see. But ownership wasn't keeping a close enough look to see the problems.

Now we have this team as a result.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm for blowing the whole thing up at this point. Why does it have to Pete OR Russ to go? Why not both? We're not going to be able to build a great team around Russ anytime soon with his salary and our lack of draft picks. Just blow the entire damn thing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

classicaaron

Reaction score
Agreed that Russ has not played well at all. But the coaching is far worse and has been a downward slide for years. I’m also a Florida state fan and this regime reminds of me of the late Bobby Bowden years. You hate to just fire the guy for everything he’s done but when he’s lost touch of how football is even played something needs to change and that’s where Pete is at right now.

As for Russ being rusty, that’s just garbage. I think his best game of the season was week 1, shouldn’t he have been rusty then coming off a full year break and with zero preseason action? Hes just not very good right now, and its not the finger either. Just a slump which i think he will get out of at some point. But too late for this season, its over.

kf3339

Reaction score
This coming off-season should be about firing every coach, and JS as well. Trade every quality player for draft picks. Move all dead cap money into 2022 as possible and just start a full rebuild.

Bring in a young and aggressive HC who is excellent at X and O's on offense and knows how to work with a young QB.

Start there first.

NJlargent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":18twumr2 said:

It is 2 things. First, Wilson has been masking the PC deficiencies for years. The second issue is that all the years of woeful drafting has finally caught up to us. We keep saying "the team is talented." In reality, if you take out the rainbows and unicorns, we are not. On Offense we have a top 10 QB (when healthy) and a decent WR group (although DK is hyped and has stone hands). We have zero running backs and just a compilation of busts. Our OL is horrible. They are all tomato cans. Brown was good but he blows now too. On defense, we have aren't good. Our DL is awful and we are not disruptive at all. The linebackers and DB are terrible too. Wags is old but still probably our best defensive player. Adams, without even considering the horrendous trade, is not a stud. He would not even start on our 2013 squad. We have very little talent and you can thank all the trade downs and reaches.

Wilson is out too. He is in the same mindset the LOB and Lynch were in years ago. He knows PC has flushed the team and wants out.

The most important question facing the team is when Allen pulls the trigger on PC or if she lets him hang around for a few years. I am hoping she pulls the trigger because the rebuild is inevitable and no sense wasting a few more years on PC.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
kf3339":3ih2u6p9 said:
This coming off season should be about firing every coach, and JS as well. Trade every quality player for draft picks. Move all dead cap money into 2022 as possible and just start a full rebuild.

Bring in a young and aggressive HC who is excellent at X and O's on offense and knows how to work with a young QB.

Start there first.

I'm all for this

hoxrox

Reaction score
I'm in the blow it all up camp. This includes the GM and his scouting team. The straw for me was the JA trade.

As for keeping Russ and bringing in a new HC. I'm not sure a HC like a Kingsbury can come in a make Russell Wilson look like Colt Mccoy. Russ is who he is.

Blow it all up.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
NJlargent":3ggitj2l said:
The most important question facing the team is when Allen pulls the trigger on PC or if she lets him hang around for a few years. I am hoping she pulls the trigger because the rebuild is inevitable and no sense wasting a few more years on PC.

It has not been easy coming to this conclusion as the reality of the situation.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yea - unfortunately I was dreading this outcome as soon as Russ grabbed the mike last offseason to steer it to his own 'narrative'.

It was fractional and exposed a bunch of internal crap then, and it harbored where we are now.

Blow it up. I'm guessing it's gonna take 5 years to recover from this. But blow it up anyways.

And, I don't need stories about "look at how bad Chicago has wanted a franchise quarterback for 50 years". What we have now is NOT working. It hasn't been working since 49. It's just been a slow motion car accident happening since then.

The team has been divided since Lynch wore the Cam jersey in 'protest support'. Coach and FO lost the locker room then. And never got it back. Honestly I think BWagz is the only altruistic member of the team at this point!

What are you going to do? Lose PC and keep Russ? Lose Russ and keep PC? Don't think either really works.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
After yesterday, I'm just fine with blowing it all up.

Fire Pete, fire John, trade Russell for however many 1st round picks you can get.

But will any of this happen? I doubt it. The elephant in the room is none of this, it's Jody Allen. We literally have no freaking idea where she's at or what she thinks of any of this, and THAT'S the most frustrating part of this entire dumpster fire of a season and team going forward.

One of the worst times in franchise history, to have a silent majority owner who is never seen or heard to give her fanbase hope or information.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":dude800e said:
Maelstrom787":dude800e said:
pittpnthrs":dude800e said:

I get that but he's still a top 10 QB when healthy. I'm all for bringing in a young guy to groom though.
Pitt, I’ve always enjoyed your insight and largely agreed with you.

But, I, sometimes believe maybe Wilson is incapable of playing “small” ball.

You know taking the easy throws and methodically slicing and dicing a defense with a bunch of short passes.

I believe Wilson is only programmed to do one thing, and play for the deep throws even if the deep throws isn’t there.

I’ve seen enough from Wilson to think this guy does not want to play anything other than “hero” ball.

It’s nice he can throw far but now he can’t even complete those long balls and have nothing left in the arsenal.

Do you think he can be more efficient?

It’s not looking like he can.

The Waldron experience has largely been a bust.

And I don’t believe its entirely Waldron’s fault, it may be also Wilson’s fault.