Solari

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Why, amidst the stone throwing sessions of this dreadful season, has Mike Solari gone unscathed?

Tom Cable got pounded by the fans and was eventually let go, and he went crawling back to the Raiders.

With Solari, the offensive line has steadily regressed under his lead. They gave up draft capitol to bring in Gabe Jackson this off season. They have a broken down Duane Brown and Damien Lewis playing out of position.

Our pass protection is as bad now as I've ever seen it. The run blocking is average at best, and their ability to get out on the underutilized running back screen play is pathetically slow and disorganized.

Why has Solari escaped the public trial that his predecessor routinely went through a few years ago?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think mostly because he's not allowed to have what he needs. Wilson complained in the off season about the line and Pete granted him Jackson and thats it. Brown was resigned and he's been terrible this season, but I cant blame Pete or anybody else for that one as I doubt there was a better option available (hell I was all for resigning him too). Shame his play dropped off so abruptly. Center position was ignored as usual. Shell is average and got embarrassed all game long. Now I do blame Solari for having Lewis and Jackson out of position. There must be a reason for it, but its not working.

Overall if its a technique or communication issue then thats on Solari. I dont know if it is though.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":38yrtoa1 said:
I think mostly because he's not allowed to have what he needs. Wilson complained in the off season about the line and Pete granted him Jackson and thats it. Brown was resigned and he's been terrible this season, but I cant blame Pete or anybody else for that one as I doubt there was a better option available (hell I was all for resigning him too). Shame his play dropped off so abruptly. Center position was ignored as usual. Shell is average and got embarrassed all game long. Now I do blame Solari for having Lewis and Jackson out of position. There must be a reason for it, but its not working.

Overall if its a technique or communication issue then thats on Solari. I dont know if it is though.

Solid points. I don't understand why they moved Lewis to left guard. He's just not the same player this year.

All in all I still feel that Solari deserves some of this blame though. True, he doesn't have the same level of control as Cable and thankfully isn't converting players, but they have invested draft capital and salary cap spending towards the O line with little to no improvement.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Lewis is a right guard. Road grater in the run game and below average pass blocker. I shouldn’t be on the left side. But heck, maybe he game learn and grow into it. Let’s hope.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":24jnf0ct said:
Why, amidst the stone throwing sessions of this dreadful season, has Mike Solari gone unscathed?

Tom Cable got pounded by the fans and was eventually let go, and he went crawling back to the Raiders.

With Solari, the offensive line has steadily regressed under his lead. They gave up draft capitol to bring in Gabe Jackson this off season. They have a broken down Duane Brown and Damien Lewis playing out of position.

Our pass protection is as bad now as I've ever seen it. The run blocking is average at best, and their ability to get out on the underutilized running back screen play is pathetically slow and disorganized.

Why has Solari escaped the public trial that his predecessor routinely went through a few years ago?
You are right. His O-line is crap.

Time to tear this team down to the studs, everyone goes, coaches, players, front office.
Hire someone that’s good at evaluating OL/DL talent. Build the core of your new team around the lines.
Worry about the skill positions later. It will suck for a few years but it’s already sucking now.