Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete Carroll covering up and taking the blame for Russ

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

    Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3342
    Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 am


  • seabowl wrote:During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

    Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.



    Proof? I will wait
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

    Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.



    Proof? I will wait


    Listen to his press conference. Pete saying it’s on him.

    Russ is missing wide open looks and throwing into constant double covers. Pete and the rest know Russ isn’t right especially mentally right now.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3342
    Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 am


  • seabowl wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

    Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.



    Proof? I will wait


    Listen to his press conference. Pete saying it’s on him.

    Russ is missing wide open looks and throwing into constant double covers. Pete and the rest know Russ isn’t right especially mentally right now.



    That's not proof that is your opinion of why he is saying that. Wilson also took responsibility. In my opinion PC is saying that because he knows he PC is the biggest problem. But that is my opinion
    Last edited by John63 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • seabowl wrote:During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

    Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.


    Pete is right to take the blame, he didn't have the balls to pull Russ or sit Russ. Yes, it's on Pete
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3677
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

    Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.



    Proof? I will wait


    Listen to his press conference. Pete saying it’s on him.

    Russ is missing wide open looks and throwing into constant double covers. Pete and the rest know Russ isn’t right especially mentally right now.



    That's not proof that is your opinion of why he is saying that. Wilson also took responsibility. In my opinion PC is saying that because he knows he PC is the biggest problem. But that is my opinion


    What in the world are you talking about? It has nothing to do with opinion. Pete is saying he (himself) has to do better.

    That is fact. Russ has struggled mightily much of the year.

    That is fact.

    Russ has been in the league 10 years and is paid as an elite qb so he needs to do better.

    FACT

    Pete is covering for his highly compensated qb who is struggling. Not opinion.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3342
    Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 am


  • The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

    If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

    The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

    And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5517
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • RW has not .... OWNED UP to anything.. I love Wilson just clealry not as much as John

    He admits to ..CLEAR mistakes.. but ignores the average crap he cannot cover up and does not admit to.

    Missing open routes while staring down other receivers, audible out of basic plays on basic downs into things completely unworkable (this week and last). Not being able to adjust to defensive scheme.

    Everyone talks about short to deep passes, yet never takes into account the constant sacks, or bootlegs because of seeking long shots constantly only to have to dump it off to a safety blanket.

    Ignoring these issues is just... asinine ... no matter how much you like the guy.

    Literally everyone but you at this point sees the problems.
    balakoth
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 475
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

    If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

    The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

    And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.



    Well I would argue the best player after Wilson is Lockett. That said still think Wilson will be okay. Its his 2nd game back after missing over a month, and played better today than last week.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

    If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

    The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

    And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.



    Well I would argue the best player after Wilson is Lockett. That said still think Wilson will be okay. Its his 2nd game back after missing over a month, and played better today than last week.


    And how long has McCoy been warming a bench to come in and dissect our defense and play well, Wilson was also out every day shadow playing and doing reps, he was also involved in pre game, meetings, film study.

    In fact you had a big post about how fantastic it was he was doing all these things.

    So Rust? $h!t. He had 4 quarters last week to knock that off failing there also for about the same reasons.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37489
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Love Russ but he is playing like crap. I'm sure he's aware of it.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • He has coddled Russ his whole career. I think it has been to Russ's detriment, as his defects have really never been addressed. It's also something the LoB seemed to dislike in those last seasons.

    Pete does what a good leader does and take responsibility publicly, but I don't see any indication he demands accountability from Russ, in any significant way, behind closed doors. Or Russ is so in his own bubble he's unreachable, which doesn't seem impossible or even mutually exclusive from the rest of it.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3201
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • John63 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

    If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

    The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

    And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.



    Well I would argue the best player after Wilson is Lockett. That said still think Wilson will be okay. Its his 2nd game back after missing over a month, and played better today than last week.


    Right now, today?.....Russ is not our best player IMO. After 3 more drops, it's not DK. Hell. I'd have a hard time picking one....guess Wagner wins by default. Something is up with Russ, and it's not his finger. Last I checked, that's not connected to his head. Watching the game with my GF today she even commented that he looks defeated and she is spot on there.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7407
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

    If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

    The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

    And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.



    Well I would argue the best player after Wilson is Lockett. That said still think Wilson will be okay. Its his 2nd game back after missing over a month, and played better today than last week.


    Right now, today?.....Russ is not our best player IMO. After 3 more drops, it's not DK. Hell. I'd have a hard time picking one....guess Wagner wins by default. Something is up with Russ, and it's not his finger. Last I checked, that's not connected to his head. Watching the game with my GF today she even commented that he looks defeated and she is spot on there.

    It's the zombie glazed look from last season. Looks like a kid who's parents took his favorite new toy away and he's reluctantly playing with the old toys.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 845
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm


  • seabowl wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:
    John63 wrote:

    Proof? I will wait


    Listen to his press conference. Pete saying it’s on him.

    Russ is missing wide open looks and throwing into constant double covers. Pete and the rest know Russ isn’t right especially mentally right now.



    That's not proof that is your opinion of why he is saying that. Wilson also took responsibility. In my opinion PC is saying that because he knows he PC is the biggest problem. But that is my opinion


    What in the world are you talking about? It has nothing to do with opinion. Pete is saying he (himself) has to do better.

    That is fact. Russ has struggled mightily much of the year.

    That is fact.

    Russ has been in the league 10 years and is paid as an elite qb so he needs to do better.

    FACT

    Pete is covering for his highly compensated qb who is struggling. Not opinion.



    I guess the real Question is who hires the coaches whomever that is needs to go I think we're all tired of the same excuses we hear every year. This year is a little different we stink on both sides of the ball early on.

    Cut Pete loose start out fresh it would be more exciting.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 pm


  • Pete cares about people more than winning. It’s part of his program. It usually pays off in deep loyalty from players and coaches. Of course it hurts when they aren’t up to the task. Russ isn’t the same anymore. If you watch the games you must notice the drop off it didn’t just start. I’d say last year’s start was the aboration. So Pete takes the heat. Russ is a hollow shell of his former greatness. How could anyone not see it? You really think Pete tells him to not hit open receivers??! We got nine years from him. Be happy. Now sit his ass before we lose more trade value. And yes I am totally ready to face the future without him . I know there are stats that make him look good. But do they make the video look good? Cuz what I see isn’t looking good and hasn’t since the colts or three beginning of last year. Yes he was awesome. Absolutely. HOG material for sure. But this year or the 2nd half of last year? No. You can do a log with $35,000,000 to help a team please sit him and play Geno. We could still get some I. And players for him but if he keeps stinking it up, what then?
    evergreen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 787
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:In my opinion PC is saying that because he knows he PC is the biggest problem. But that is my opinion

    In my opinion it's a mistake to frame this as Russ vs. Pete. I know you are trying to protect Russ, but Pete has a history of doing that longer than you do, and has erred on that side if anything over the years. Wherever the blame lies, Schotty drew up routes in the middle of the field last season that Russ wasn't comfortable hitting. Pete protected Russ on that issue by replacing the OC.

    Right now, the debate you should be considering is Waldron vs. Russ vs. OL. You're not going to convince anybody that we're watching 'Peteball' when Pete hired an OC to attack the middle of the field and now we are erring on the side of passing too much and yet also not hitting those shorter routes quickly enough.

    If you listened to Lockett's press conference then you heard him say the problem was them trying to work out how to respond to the Cardinals adjustments. If you saw the sidelines during the game then you saw Russ, Shane, and Andy trying to work that out together on their Surfaces(TM) while Pete was busy trying to coach the defense.

    Pete bears responsibility for the OL quality, and the quality of offensive coaching after making the off-season change, and even how Russ plays after deciding to make him the highest paid player in the NFL. However, the narrative about him meddling with the play calls itself makes posters sound like they haven't watched a single thing in 2021.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4710
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • AgentDib wrote:
    John63 wrote:In my opinion PC is saying that because he knows he PC is the biggest problem. But that is my opinion

    In my opinion it's a mistake to frame this as Russ vs. Pete. I know you are trying to protect Russ, but Pete has a history of doing that longer than you do, and has erred on that side if anything over the years. Wherever the blame lies, Schotty drew up routes in the middle of the field last season that Russ wasn't comfortable hitting. Pete protected Russ on that issue by replacing the OC.

    Right now, the debate you should be considering is Waldron vs. Russ vs. OL. You're not going to convince anybody that we're watching 'Peteball' when Pete hired an OC to attack the middle of the field and now we are erring on the side of passing too much and yet also not hitting those shorter routes quickly enough.

    If you listened to Lockett's press conference then you heard him say the problem was them trying to work out how to respond to the Cardinals adjustments. If you saw the sidelines during the game then you saw Russ, Shane, and Andy trying to work that out together on their Surfaces(TM) while Pete was busy trying to coach the defense.

    Pete bears responsibility for the OL quality, and the quality of offensive coaching after making the off-season change, and even how Russ plays after deciding to make him the highest paid player in the NFL. However, the narrative about him meddling with the play calls itself makes posters sound like they haven't watched a single thing in 2021.

    That narrative is tiresome.
    The other bailout excuse is the o-line is bad. Almost nobody has a 'good' o-line. This line is serviceable. Its right in line with everyone else's, in the middle of the pack. If we committed to run the ball I expect it would look much better as well.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 845
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

    If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

    The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

    And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.



    Well I would argue the best player after Wilson is Lockett. That said still think Wilson will be okay. Its his 2nd game back after missing over a month, and played better today than last week.


    Right now, today?.....Russ is not our best player IMO. After 3 more drops, it's not DK. Hell. I'd have a hard time picking one....guess Wagner wins by default. Something is up with Russ, and it's not his finger. Last I checked, that's not connected to his head. Watching the game with my GF today she even commented that he looks defeated and she is spot on there.



    Yeah sorry missed type.i meant our best player with Wilson still not 100% is Lockett.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Geno played better than this nuff said.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1784
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


  • Geno wouldn't have won either.

    Though I would rather see what a healthy Wilson looks like before passing judgment.

    He looks off to me.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5517
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

    If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

    The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

    And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.



    Well I would argue the best player after Wilson is Lockett. That said still think Wilson will be okay. Its his 2nd game back after missing over a month, and played better today than last week.


    And how long has McCoy been warming a bench to come in and dissect our defense and play well, Wilson was also out every day shadow playing and doing reps, he was also involved in pre game, meetings, film study.

    In fact you had a big post about how fantastic it was he was doing all these things.

    So Rust? $h!t. He had 4 quarters last week to knock that off failing there also for about the same reasons.


    I do agree the "rust" argument is total BS.

    If you are a great athlete what you do is like riding a bike. You don't forget how to do it all the sudden.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 891
    Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:42 am


  • TwistedHusky wrote:Geno wouldn't have won either.

    Though I would rather see what a healthy Wilson looks like before passing judgment.

    He looks off to me.



    I agree, we will have to see.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Carroll is showing some bad judgement and a lack of leadership right now. Continuing to let Russell Wilson play in his condition is asinine. Wilson has been inaccurate, he's not been able to drive the ball down field. His signature deep ball has been turned into ducks with no drive on them. He can't operate the offense in its full capacity due to his finger, he has to spend a lot of time in the pistol formation.

    Wilson should not be out there, end of story. He's not offering anything that Geno Smith can't offer us right at this moment. Playing with that injury can also lengthen the recovery time.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3852
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 am


  • Spin Doctor wrote:Carroll is showing some bad judgement and a lack of leadership right now. Continuing to let Russell Wilson play in his condition is asinine. Wilson has been inaccurate, he's not been able to drive the ball down field. His signature deep ball has been turned into ducks with no drive on them. He can't operate the offense in its full capacity due to his finger, he has to spend a lot of time in the pistol formation.

    Wilson should not be out there, end of story. He's not offering anything that Geno Smith can't offer us right at this moment. Playing with that injury can also lengthen the recovery time.


    There's no condition other than the one Russ has had forever.

    But agree. He should be pulled. McCoy has rarely started in th last 5 years, yet can come off thr bench and read plays, no problem. But our franchise qb who had never not started his entire career, save for 3 games, is too rusty now to perform?
    keasley45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 789
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm
    Location: Cockeysville, Md


  • No excuses please . The Wilson/Carroll marriage is over . One or both have to go . Beyond caring at this point anyway .
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5618
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • seabowl wrote:During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

    Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.



    Coaching an NFL team is not much different than being a manager for a company. You take full responsibility for your team's lack of execution and you either need to A) Change your strategy so your team can execute B) Fire non executing employees and get it ones who will C) Motivate your employees so they do execute.

    Pete is doing nothing but trying option C. He has rarely opts for A or B, if he ever does A it's for a game or two and the second an egg gets broken in the process of making a potential omelet, he reverts. B) he also takes way too long to do. And no GOOD Manager/coach is going to stand there and publicly blame their employees for the lack of execution that's the quickest sign of $h!t leadership in my opinion.

    Like you all realize that when Pete gives pressers, that's no different than a CEO giving an earnings call to shareholders. We as fans are shareholders and investors for this team, we're season ticket holders, we buy merchandise, we buy tickets to games, etc. etc. etc. Could you imagine a CEO saying crap like "Oh yeah we didn't hit our earnings estimates because well my employees are just stubborn, they wont' follow my strategy or they can't execute it" or "man...our competitors just did something different we didn't expect or the damn economy just isn't playing fair (refs)". That would be the stupidest thing ever, and the reality is..well get new employees, get new managers, change your strategy and hit your numbers (in this case WINS) or GTFO. The NFL is no different.

    At this point the responsibility now falls on the ownership and they now have to make the same choices of A-C above. Usually option B, find a new manager/leader/coach to get it done.

    And of course there is always option D) QUIT/Retire/Sell The Team
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1887
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm


  • All I know is I keep hearing the same red flag statements out of Pete's mouth with each mounting loss.

    I don't recognize this team
    I don't understand what's wrong
    We were prepared
    We felt good about our gameplan

    On and on, same confused statements with no solutions. THAT'S what should alarm every Hawk fan, and should alarm Jody Allen.........if your head coach keeps losing, and can't figure out why and how to fix it?

    Time to go.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 19907
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Still waiting for proof he is taking blame for Wilson. So far none
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • If you listen to Lockett's post game presser, he was covering up for Russ. The reporter asked, why the struggles on 3rd down?

    Lockett said, "The biggest thing is when we watch film, we see what's there. It's just us being able to make those plays, so we can move the sticks."

    In other words, there's guys open. They're just not executing. But he's not throwing anyone under the bus.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2003
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm


  • hoxrox wrote:If you listen to Lockett's post game presser, he was covering up for Russ. The reporter asked, why the struggles on 3rd down?

    Lockett said, "The biggest thing is when we watch film, we see what's there. It's just us being able to make those plays, so we can move the sticks."

    In other words, there's guys open. They're just not executing. But he's not throwing anyone under the bus.


    That's your opinion what he means. Holmgren was just on radio saying the problem is people are not running routes right. He pointed to a 3rd down were Swain was suppose to run toward the line to take a CB, but instead he beveled in bringing the CB to were the primary wr was. So again u are assuming what u think something mean that's not proof.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Remember that in the new CBA padded practices are only 2.5 hours, and the total number of padded practices was reduced all the way down to just 16 during the entire off-season. During the regular season there are only 14 total padded practices allowed during the season - less than one per week.

    That's a big reason why I think there are still question marks around this offense and room for potential improvement. Is it really that surprising that both Russ and the receivers (and the OL) may be on the wrong page? At the end of this season they will have less total practice time in a new offense than previous teams would have had prior to their first game.

    Walkthroughs are simply nowhere near equivalent, especially with the kind of issues we've been seeing with this year. It's the difference between talking about what you would theoretically do in a situation and having experience actually doing it.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4710
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • hoxrox wrote:If you listen to Lockett's post game presser, he was covering up for Russ. The reporter asked, why the struggles on 3rd down?

    Lockett said, "The biggest thing is when we watch film, we see what's there. It's just us being able to make those plays, so we can move the sticks."

    In other words, there's guys open. They're just not executing. But he's not throwing anyone under the bus.

    Can translate into angry Doug Baldwin speak please?
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 845
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm




It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information