Rashaad Penny 2 carries and injured again....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3j5m34ep said:
Could've had Chubb...

Seahawks could have drafted Jonathan Taylor in 2020 draft but drafted a LB who can’t cover TEs instead.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Seymour":13a75kpv said:
I'm done with any hope left for this guy.

Bust of another high draft pick......NEXT!!

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/f...ashaad-penny-hurts-hamstring-in-week-11-loss/

To be fair he looked FAST AS F on that first run...

I just don't understand what is wrong with this guy. He pulled a hammie after 1 play? How is that possible for a professional athlete?

Aren't they supposed to do drills and work out routines to ensure they can run full speed without hurting themselves?

This guy is a glass cannon, he seems to hurt himself just by playing somehow.

Maybe he's on drugs and dehydrated so he gets busted up, maybe he needs to stretch more before games?

I'm not an elite athlete or anything but I've NEVER in my ENTIRE LIFE hurt myself trying my best full speed 100% effort... what the hell is going on with this guy?

Well except the one time I fell off my girlfriends basketball court and broke my ankle but the court was not very safe... I'm still stupid but it was like a 1.5 foot drop onto a steep hill on the very edge of the court. It was my first time playing there and I tried to show off with a maximum jump layup just flew off the court broke my ankle real quick landing on a slanted hill haha. That was in like 9th grade though, you feel invincible at that age and do stupid $hit. A professional should be able to play without hurting themselves on routine plays.

chris98251

Reaction score
There comes a time when you wonder about the Strength and Conditioning going on, Holmgren had a couple seasons of injuries that were a lot higher then league average and we made a change. We appear to have great rehab people here with all the recovery that has needed to be done. But why they get hurt so much is the question. Also so many strains and Hamstrings and Calf injuries.

Tokadub

Reaction score
chris98251":1c3qdffc said:
There comes a time when you wonder about the Strength and Conditioning going on, Holmgren had a couple seasons of injuries that were a lot higher then league average and we made a change. We appear to have great rehab people here with all the recovery that has needed to be done. But why they get hurt so much is the question. Also so many strains and Hamstrings and Calf injuries.

Well one thing is for sure, our Running Backs CANNOT stay healthy. This has been a recurring issue ever since Marshawn Lynch.

I'm not sure if that's a product of our Offensive Line being so weak that our guys have to play way harder to pick up yards? Maybe it's just freak accidents or a failure of our health staff like you mentioned?

All these rushing stats are based on only Seahawks games:

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/seattle-seahawks/leaders/career-rushing-yards

I used to have All-22 when we had Lynch and I studied those teams closely. To me Lynch (6,381 rushing yards) was incredible in his ability to produce behind consistently garbage Offensive Lines...

But we can't count on a freak of nature Beast Mode to be on our team every season... Chris Carson (3,502 rushing yards) was pretty close in his style but he can't stay healthy. Thomas Rawls (1391 rushing yards) was also a beast but didn't even last nearly as long as Chris Carson.

Ironically the Seahawks leading rusher of all time was Shaun Alexander (9,429 rushing yards). He was not tough like these other guys BUT we had great Offensive Lines!

It seems like our lack of putting any resources into the Offensive Line year after year after year... just expecting because Marshawn Lynch could do it we could find his replacement...?

Well now we see that was a big mistake, seems like a common sense but I'm no expert...

Anyways...

It seems to me our Running Backs are possibly the most injury prone in the league but I haven't looked into those details.

xray

Reaction score
I got blasted in here 3 years ago when I said Penny was 1st round bust . :D

seabowl

Reaction score
Can you imagine being a coach on the Hawks yesterday and seeing Penney come up to you after that first run and say “I think I pulled my hammy?”. I would be like “no effin way”, you’re shittin me right?”.

Inside these coaches must be going crazy with this guy.

Tokadub

Reaction score
seabowl":fsgxma1f said:
Can you imagine being a coach on the Hawks yesterday and seeing Penney come up to you after that first run and say “I think I pulled my hammy?”. I would be like “no effin way”, you’re $h!t me right?”.

Inside these coaches must be going crazy with this guy.

I would literally cut him if I was in charge... but then again I wouldn't have sat on 13 million in a season we need to perform well to keep both the coach and QB...

I wouldn't have let our all-star line backer duo KJ Wright leave the team, with no replacement...

KJ + BOBBY is our defense period...

It doesn't make sense to let KJ go but keep Bobby...

We could have even had +10 more million I think if they restructured Wilson's contract...?

I'm not an expert in contracts but it sure seems like we did everything in our power to guarantee this dynasty is OVER... I don't understand WHY!???

Vesuve

Reaction score
Another thread about Rashad "I feel like I'm in high school again" Penny being Usel***s

He is indeed.

classicaaron

Reaction score
just the face hes even still on the team is a complete joke and proof the coaching staff and front office have no clue. this guy should have been cut years ago. surprised he can even walk without getting paralyzed at this point.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":3femq934 said:
just the face hes even still on the team is a complete joke and proof the coaching staff and front office have no clue. this guy should have been cut years ago. surprised he can even walk without getting paralyzed at this point.

Penny on the team reminds me of "holding the bag" when it comes to stocks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Face it, some players just can't take the pounding that an NFL RB has to take. Penny had no college injuries and was but has been injured almost his whole 4 years in Seattle.

Perhaps he was durable in college and as such may have been a potentially good pick. but when p[laying with the big boys he's as fragile as a glass ornament.

I can't see him being renewed except at a vet min level w/o any bonus.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
classicaaron":1ivnk918 said:

He's still on the team because Carroll is still trying to validate the pick.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The most annoying thing about Penny is not his injuries. It's that he's shown flashes.

The run he had to start the game, looked really good. But it's all a big tease.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Penny has a million dollars worht of potential but it's not worth two cents on delivery. Time to move on from him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Tokadub":2uyvioh9 said:
Well one thing is for sure, our Running Backs CANNOT stay healthy. This has been a recurring issue ever since Marshawn Lynch.
Nobody's running backs stay healthy these days; Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, Henry, Barkley, McCaffrey, Etienne, Carson, Mostert.

The mistake with Penny was thinking that "the highest medical grade ever" would translate into a durable RB when those don't seem to exist. The "don't pay them, don't draft them high" logic is correct for RBs not because they aren't worth it when healthy but because the likelihood of injury is just too high.

Vesuve

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3eo67k16 said:
classicaaron":3eo67k16 said:

He's still on the team because Carroll is still trying to validate the pick.

Absolutely.