Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're sorry, Tical. You were right, please forgive us, Tical

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37489
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Only took 10 years to figure him out huh?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

    This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

    Image
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2003
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm


  • hoxrox wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

    This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

    Image



    That's great except again read PC book this is exactly what he wants he says in the book he wants to throw outside the numbers. He doe not like throwing in the middle of the field. Also great a passing chart. now show me a chart of where the open receivers were. I bet you will find they were not in the middle of the field.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

    This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

    Image



    That's great except again read PC book this is exactly what he wants he says in the book he wants to throw outside the numbers. He doe not like throwing in the middle of the field. Also great a passing chart. now show me a chart of where the open receivers were. I bet you will find they were not in the middle of the field.

    I'd be more than happy to show you a dozen scree shots right now of open receivers over the middle of the field.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Image
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10765
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2003
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm


  • Jville wrote:Image

    Haha @Anthony
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • This guy is still around? Clown car. Tical you actively watch every game hoping Russ fails so at some point a decade in to a hall of fame career you can be right, its weird. Is Russ perfect? Nope, Is he struggling right now? Yep but he's still one of the best in the game and I know that drives you nuts. I think people might take you seriously if weren't a ghost when he's playing good but you hide and wait to come out after a bad game or two. Again, it's bizarre.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 4814
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm


  • hoxrox wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.



    Godo did it occur to you that they called the game different for geno knowing he can't do what Wilson does? I am guessing not.


    Also FYI Geno through 32 passes and 24% were middle short

    guess what in the one below wilson though 28 passes and 21% were short middle the difference 1 more throw middle and Wilson is at 25%

    Also notice all the short passes only 4 over 10 yards or 14% Geno had 7 over 10 yards or 31%. Difference geno comply % 71 Wilson 82

    Image
    Last edited by John63 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.



    Godo did it occur to you that they called the game different for geno knowing he can't do what Wilson does? I am guessing not.

    I think you kinda got that backwards....
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • austinslater25 wrote:This guy is still around? Clown car. Tical you actively watch every game hoping Russ fails so at some point a decade in to a hall of fame career you can be right, its weird. Is Russ perfect? Nope, Is he struggling right now? Yep but he's still one of the best in the game and I know that drives you nuts. I think people might take you seriously if weren't a ghost when he's playing good but you hide and wait to come out after a bad game or two. Again, it's bizarre.

    Yep, absolutely playing like one of the best in the game over his past 17 (about the time teams started playing 2-deep safeties.) LRC!!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • God I am glad I foed Tical.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.



    Godo did it occur to you that they called the game different for geno knowing he can't do what Wilson does? I am guessing not.


    So you're admitting Russ can't see the middle of the field now? Which one is it? I thought this was a fact-based board not an opinionated one? Your response to fact-based Russell vision/passing issues is a Pete Carroll book? (lol)
    FloridaSeahawk18
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:41 pm


  • hoxrox wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.

    lmao
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3201
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Again I’d take someone like tical seriously if when Wilson plays well they come on here and say it. When you only show up after a bad game or two you look like a clown. Be objective. It’s weird when you actively root against a player and you’re dead ass silent until he stumbles. It seems like an obsession.
    TCHawks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:47 pm


  • hoxrox wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.


    Geno also only averages 7 yards a pass. Theres a reason he's a dink and dunker. He's not good enough to be anything but that. You would think that all that short passing to the middle would equate to wins but they didnt.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • hoxrox wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

    This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

    Image


    100% correct and it's been this was forever. And when you watch defenses they don't even guard that area of the field. One , maybe two reads left or right and then a throw deep or to the flat
    keasley45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 789
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm
    Location: Cockeysville, Md


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.


    Geno also only averages 7 yards a pass. Theres a reason he's a dink and dunker. He's not good enough to be anything but that. You would think that all that short passing to the middle would equate to wins but they didnt.


    It's funny, Wilson misses 3 starts because he hurts his finger and when he is God awful, the story is that he's rusty. Geno doesn't start for 3 years yet when he comes in if he doesn't light it up, its because he's never been more than a dinker and a dunker. Regardless of how long he throws the point of the post was to disprove the myth that Pete forbids throws to the middle of the field because it's too dangerous. Russ doesn't go there because he can't. Nor can he dink and dunk.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 789
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm
    Location: Cockeysville, Md


  • FloridaSeahawk18 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image



    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.



    Godo did it occur to you that they called the game different for geno knowing he can't do what Wilson does? I am guessing not.


    So you're admitting Russ can't see the middle of the field now? Which one is it? I thought this was a fact-based board not an opinionated one? Your response to fact-based Russell vision/passing issues is a Pete Carroll book? (lol)


    What is it that Wilson does that you have to take off the board when Geno comes in? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just trying to understand what you think it is that has to change. Because much of what Russ does isn't the play that's called, or for that matter even a play in the book. He's given a play, abandons it and then does Russ. Trying to get at what part of the playbook wouldn't be called for Geno.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 789
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm
    Location: Cockeysville, Md


  • keasley45 wrote:
    FloridaSeahawk18 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:

    Wow big difference in the passing charts.

    @J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.



    Godo did it occur to you that they called the game different for geno knowing he can't do what Wilson does? I am guessing not.


    So you're admitting Russ can't see the middle of the field now? Which one is it? I thought this was a fact-based board not an opinionated one? Your response to fact-based Russell vision/passing issues is a Pete Carroll book? (lol)


    What is it that Wilson does that you have to take off the board when Geno comes in? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just trying to understand what you think it is that has to change. Because much of what Russ does isn't the play that's called, or for that matter even a play in the book. He's given a play, abandons it and then does Russ. Trying to get at what part of the playbook wouldn't be called for Geno.


    Russell needs to learn to step up in the pocket and use the middle of the field more often or use the dump offs. Maybe we've created our own David Carr as I have no doubt early in his career the O-line didn't help and now he may be reluctant to do it. He also relied on his athleticism that undoubtedly has decreased with age and the "spin" move is now known. If the solution is Russell needs an elite run-game then there is no reason to have a $30m QB in place, we can get a game manager or somebody like Drew Lock and use the cap space on the defense/o-line instead. Deep shots and out-routes are clearly not a sustainable long-term offense that will work as we've seen since the last half of last year and his denial after the Tennessee game honestly pissed me off.
    FloridaSeahawk18
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:41 pm


  • keasley45 wrote:It's funny, Wilson misses 3 starts because he hurts his finger and when he is God awful, the story is that he's rusty. Geno doesn't start for 3 years yet when he comes in if he doesn't light it up, its because he's never been more than a dinker and a dunker. Regardless of how long he throws the point of the post was to disprove the myth that Pete forbids throws to the middle of the field because it's too dangerous. Russ doesn't go there because he can't. Nor can he dink and dunk.


    Geno didnt light it up because he stinks. He's never lit it up no matter where he's been. No excuses are being made for him.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    keasley45 wrote:It's funny, Wilson misses 3 starts because he hurts his finger and when he is God awful, the story is that he's rusty. Geno doesn't start for 3 years yet when he comes in if he doesn't light it up, its because he's never been more than a dinker and a dunker. Regardless of how long he throws the point of the post was to disprove the myth that Pete forbids throws to the middle of the field because it's too dangerous. Russ doesn't go there because he can't. Nor can he dink and dunk.


    Geno didnt light it up because he stinks. He's never lit it up no matter where he's been. No excuses are being made for him.

    Nothin from nothin but his numbers are better pretty much across the board than Russ this year so.....if he stinks, then Russell....
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    keasley45 wrote:It's funny, Wilson misses 3 starts because he hurts his finger and when he is God awful, the story is that he's rusty. Geno doesn't start for 3 years yet when he comes in if he doesn't light it up, its because he's never been more than a dinker and a dunker. Regardless of how long he throws the point of the post was to disprove the myth that Pete forbids throws to the middle of the field because it's too dangerous. Russ doesn't go there because he can't. Nor can he dink and dunk.


    Geno didnt light it up because he stinks. He's never lit it up no matter where he's been. No excuses are being made for him.

    Nothin from nothin but his numbers are better pretty much across the board than Russ this year so.....if he stinks, then Russell....


    Exactly. If you go purely on basic metrics... pocket awareness, ability to read a defense, adjust routes or protections, post snap, pre snap, these are not things Russ does well. It hasn't matters because he's made plays anyway until the last few years when defenses now know just about all of his tricks.

    And now all of those things he doesn't do well are crippling his play and the offense.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 789
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm
    Location: Cockeysville, Md


  • hoxrox wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

    This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

    Image


    Looking at the Geno chart vs Russ chart, Geno didn't throw anything 20+ yards, Russ didn't throw anything 10-15 yards towards the center. If we could just mix these guys up, attack both, but guessing Geno didn't have the arm to go deep, and Russ for whatever reasons couldn't do middle stuff.

    I doubt Wilson's height is the limiting factor as Brees and that shorty in Arizona could do it, come to think of it, Murray is not only shorter than Russ, his 28" arms are 4" shorter than Russ's. If Murray could do it, why couldn't Russ?
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3677
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • keasley45 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    keasley45 wrote:It's funny, Wilson misses 3 starts because he hurts his finger and when he is God awful, the story is that he's rusty. Geno doesn't start for 3 years yet when he comes in if he doesn't light it up, its because he's never been more than a dinker and a dunker. Regardless of how long he throws the point of the post was to disprove the myth that Pete forbids throws to the middle of the field because it's too dangerous. Russ doesn't go there because he can't. Nor can he dink and dunk.


    Geno didnt light it up because he stinks. He's never lit it up no matter where he's been. No excuses are being made for him.

    Nothin from nothin but his numbers are better pretty much across the board than Russ this year so.....if he stinks, then Russell....


    Exactly. If you go purely on basic metrics... pocket awareness, ability to read a defense, adjust routes or protections, post snap, pre snap, these are not things Russ does well. It hasn't matters because he's made plays anyway until the last few years when defenses now know just about all of his tricks.

    And now all of those things he doesn't do well are crippling his play and the offense.

    Yup, all while his ego forces him to feed into LRC. The LRC crowd has created a monster that I'm afraid can't go back into it's bottle.

    Seahawks football is to say "you want to play two deep? You want to play a light box? We're gonna run it down your throat until you tap out.". As it should be. Now? We have to appease the quarterback, who can't play against 2-deep. It's all buggered tbh. If I see one more Russ promo video....
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Only took 10 years to figure him out huh?

    The speed and running ability he used to have hid a lot.
    I saw through that years ago.He's doing the same thing
    and hasn't changed besides losing his legs.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6200
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    keasley45 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Geno didnt light it up because he stinks. He's never lit it up no matter where he's been. No excuses are being made for him.

    Nothin from nothin but his numbers are better pretty much across the board than Russ this year so.....if he stinks, then Russell....


    Exactly. If you go purely on basic metrics... pocket awareness, ability to read a defense, adjust routes or protections, post snap, pre snap, these are not things Russ does well. It hasn't matters because he's made plays anyway until the last few years when defenses now know just about all of his tricks.

    And now all of those things he doesn't do well are crippling his play and the offense.

    Yup, all while his ego forces him to feed into LRC. The LRC crowd has created a monster that I'm afraid can't go back into it's bottle.

    Seahawks football is to say "you want to play two deep? You want to play a light box? We're gonna run it down your throat until you tap out.". As it should be. Now? We have to appease the quarterback, who can't play against 2-deep. It's all buggered tbh. If I see one more Russ promo video....


    I was bewildered when LRC ran into turbulence, and just couldn't navigate out of it, it's not like two deep was new and undefeatable, just that we couldn't. We couldn't then, apparently two OCs later we still can't now.

    Totally unreal!
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3677
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • The biggest problem is that Bevell conditioned him into thinking that every pass had to come from some sort of combination pattern instead of just occasionally going full WCO. With DK you just throw constantly at him. Slants, comebacks, box out quick routes, and then just throw fades up to him whenever you get in trouble. Just punish them until they’re double teaming, and then exploit with Tyler.

    Instead we target Swain and believe a washed up Alex Collins is the answer.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1869
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:16 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    keasley45 wrote:It's funny, Wilson misses 3 starts because he hurts his finger and when he is God awful, the story is that he's rusty. Geno doesn't start for 3 years yet when he comes in if he doesn't light it up, its because he's never been more than a dinker and a dunker. Regardless of how long he throws the point of the post was to disprove the myth that Pete forbids throws to the middle of the field because it's too dangerous. Russ doesn't go there because he can't. Nor can he dink and dunk.


    Geno didnt light it up because he stinks. He's never lit it up no matter where he's been. No excuses are being made for him.

    Nothin from nothin but his numbers are better pretty much across the board than Russ this year so.....if he stinks, then Russell....


    There's a reason Geno is a backup in this league. You need to put your Wilson hate away and open your eyes to realize why. Wilson has been putting up 10-12 wins a year despite this dumpster fire of a coaching staff and he gets hurt and is finally having a bad season and Geno Smith is all of a sudden better than him? Put the bottle down. Your drunk.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Only took 10 years to figure him out huh?

    The speed and running ability he used to have hid a lot.
    I saw through that years ago.He's doing the same thing
    and hasn't changed besides losing his legs.


    This is his first bad season in his career. Give me a break.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • So you predicted some things no one agreed with and then some of those things came true, and when no one jumped on dot net to praise your third eye projection that they probably forgot about you took it upon yourself to praise yourself in your own post. Awesome!

    You can predict $h!t about any QB because they all have a weakness. I am grateful for the QB that kept us winning since he put on a Hawks uni. 10 years is pretty freaking great to be a winning team in the NFL.
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2120
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:40 am


  • djb28 wrote:So you predicted some things no one agreed with and then some of those things came true, and when no one jumped on dot net to praise your third eye projection that they probably forgot about you took it upon yourself to praise yourself in your own post. Awesome!

    You can predict $h!t about any QB because they all have a weakness. I am grateful for the QB that kept us winning since he put on a Hawks uni. 10 years is pretty freaking great to be a winning team in the NFL.

    I'm not trying to praise anything..I'm just shocked people cannot see what I
    can.It's right there,he isn't doing anything better in what he has been weak at
    for 10 freaking years.
    With his legs gone it has exposed it all..There is no more sandlot hiding it anymore.
    It sucks to see but he is done pretty much..I hope we can still get picks for him.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6200
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    djb28 wrote:So you predicted some things no one agreed with and then some of those things came true, and when no one jumped on dot net to praise your third eye projection that they probably forgot about you took it upon yourself to praise yourself in your own post. Awesome!

    You can predict $h!t about any QB because they all have a weakness. I am grateful for the QB that kept us winning since he put on a Hawks uni. 10 years is pretty freaking great to be a winning team in the NFL.

    I'm not trying to praise anything..I'm just shocked people cannot see what I
    can.It's right there,he isn't doing anything better in what he has been weak at
    for 10 freaking years.
    With his legs gone it has exposed it all..There is no more sandlot hiding it anymore.
    It sucks to see but he is done pretty much..I hope we can still get picks for him.
    He legs are not fine, he us still more mobile than most.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3677
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • toffee wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    djb28 wrote:So you predicted some things no one agreed with and then some of those things came true, and when no one jumped on dot net to praise your third eye projection that they probably forgot about you took it upon yourself to praise yourself in your own post. Awesome!

    You can predict $h!t about any QB because they all have a weakness. I am grateful for the QB that kept us winning since he put on a Hawks uni. 10 years is pretty freaking great to be a winning team in the NFL.

    I'm not trying to praise anything..I'm just shocked people cannot see what I
    can.It's right there,he isn't doing anything better in what he has been weak at
    for 10 freaking years.
    With his legs gone it has exposed it all..There is no more sandlot hiding it anymore.
    It sucks to see but he is done pretty much..I hope we can still get picks for him.
    He legs are not fine, he us still more mobile than most.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

    Exactly..Legs are not fine.
    For his sandlot type of play it works great with wheels and speed.
    He has nothing like he used to and that is obvious.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6200
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • djb28 wrote:So you predicted some things no one agreed with and then some of those things came true, and when no one jumped on dot net to praise your third eye projection that they probably forgot about you took it upon yourself to praise yourself in your own post. Awesome!

    You can predict $h!t about any QB because they all have a weakness. I am grateful for the QB that kept us winning since he put on a Hawks uni. 10 years is pretty freaking great to be a winning team in the NFL.


    This^^^ but keep.in mind your arguing with people who when given a choice of no Wilson but also no Sb win or Wilson and sb win, most picked no sb. The hate runs deep for those few and it is a few they just have multiple handles.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

    This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

    Image



    That's great except again read PC book this is exactly what he wants he says in the book he wants to throw outside the numbers. He doe not like throwing in the middle of the field. Also great a passing chart. now show me a chart of where the open receivers were. I bet you will find they were not in the middle of the field.


    Sorry John63, but you can't use Pete Carroll's book to support your opinion on anything, as it is now too old to be valid.

    Source: John63.

    John63 wrote:Says exactly what is was 9 years ago and means nothing now.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5891
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

    So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

    If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

    Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

    That is our predictability.


    Only took 10 years to figure him out huh?

    The speed and running ability he used to have hid a lot.
    I saw through that years ago.He's doing the same thing
    and hasn't changed besides losing his legs.


    This is his first bad season in his career. Give me a break.


    and it could be argued that it's Pete Carrolls 2nd bad season in over 20 years your not giving him a break... LOL


    LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2248
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


  • LTH wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Only took 10 years to figure him out huh?

    The speed and running ability he used to have hid a lot.
    I saw through that years ago.He's doing the same thing
    and hasn't changed besides losing his legs.


    This is his first bad season in his career. Give me a break.


    and it could be argued that it's Pete Carrolls 2nd bad season in over 20 years your not giving him a break... LOL


    LTH


    Carroll has a vastly larger sample size to draw from and we already have the lowdown on him. Pete only goes as far as Wilson can take him.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2876
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • LTH wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Only took 10 years to figure him out huh?

    The speed and running ability he used to have hid a lot.
    I saw through that years ago.He's doing the same thing
    and hasn't changed besides losing his legs.


    This is his first bad season in his career. Give me a break.


    and it could be argued that it's Pete Carrolls 2nd bad season in over 20 years your not giving him a break... LOL


    LTH


    Why is Wilson worse season, coming off an injury, the new system has not played for love a month but you don't want to give him a break. Hypocrite.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:The speed and running ability he used to have hid a lot.
    I saw through that years ago.He's doing the same thing
    and hasn't changed besides losing his legs.


    This is his first bad season in his career. Give me a break.


    and it could be argued that it's Pete Carrolls 2nd bad season in over 20 years your not giving him a break... LOL


    LTH


    Carroll has a vastly larger sample size to draw from and we already have the lowdown on him. Pete only goes as far as Wilson can take him.



    Ok that's a somewhat true assessment. but its also true for every other coach with a franchise QB so your point is questionable at best...

    Who is to say what Carroll will do without Russ? they found Russ and every analysis in the world said they blew the pick probably YOU as well. it's one of those Carroll blunders but of course you're going to give credit to JS... oh that's right JS is the GM NOT Carroll but that only applies to when the hawks drop the ball on a draft pick like McDowell then it's on Carroll. LOL

    LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2248
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:The speed and running ability he used to have hid a lot.
    I saw through that years ago.He's doing the same thing
    and hasn't changed besides losing his legs.


    This is his first bad season in his career. Give me a break.


    and it could be argued that it's Pete Carrolls 2nd bad season in over 20 years your not giving him a break... LOL


    LTH


    Carroll has a vastly larger sample size to draw from and we already have the lowdown on him. Pete only goes as far as Wilson can take him.



    oh and the whole give you a break first bad season

    lets look at that

    2012 64% compt, 3118 Yards, 7.9 YPA, 26 tds, 10 ints, 100 passer rating, 489 yards rushing, 4 tds
    2013 63% comply, 3357 yards, 8.2 ypa, 26 tds, 9 ints, 101.2 passer rating, 539 yard rushing, 1 td
    2014 63% comply, 3475 yards, 7.7 ypa, 20 tds, 7 ints, 95 passer rating, 849 yards 6 tds
    2015 68% comply, 4024 yards, 8.3 ypa, 34 tds, 8 ints, 110 passer rating, 553 yards 1 td
    2016 65% comply, 4219 yards, 7.7 ypa, 21 tds, 11 ints, 93 passer rating, 259 yards 1 td
    2017 61% Complt, 3983 yards, 7.2 ypa, 34 tds, 11 ints, 95.4 passer rating, 586 yards 3 tds
    2018 66% comply, 3448 yards, 8.1 ypa, 35 Tds, 7 ints, 110.9 passer rating, 376 yards
    2019 66% compt, 4110 yards, 8 ypa, 31 tds,, 5 ints, 106 passer rating, 342 yards 3 tds
    2020 69% comply, 4212 yards, 7.5 ypa, 40 tds, 13 ints, 105 passer rating, 513 yards 2 tds
    2021 65% comply, 1564 yards (7 games only), 8.2 ypa, 10 tds, 3 ints, 101 passer rating, 102 yards 1 td

    so remind me where his bad season is? Hypocrite.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Count your blessings. We don't have to watch that pick-6-meister Matt Stafford week in, week out.
    Palmegranite
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 729
    Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 am
    Location: CAN


  • Did you throw your shoulder out of joint patting yourself in the back for that one? :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 22695
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Palmegranite wrote:Count your blessings. We don't have to watch that pick-6-meister Matt Stafford week in, week out.



    What pick 6 didn't you know only Wilson throws pick sixes :sarcasm_off:
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5480
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • What a great way to watch your team. Hoping your QB plays bad so you can be "right" in your mind.
    I mean, the guy clearly can't win. He's only won more than ANY QB over his first 9 years.

    Has his first ever injury, is playing on a crap team, so now all the sudden he sucks.

    Good stuff.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18461
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Yeah Tical is a mess. Who watches Seahawks football praying the quarterback fails? If these people also came out when he plays well I'd respect it more.
    TCHawks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:47 pm


  • We're sorry Tical. You were right, Tical.

    It's not like I'm not rooting for Russell. I just think paying him (twice) was a huge mistake. We've gotten progressively worse and worse since he got paid.

    Dude can't execute basic concepts against basic defenses. He just can't. He never has. He always had the legs as his equalizer. It didn't matter if he couldn't execute against cover-2, because he could always just extend the play until someone got open. And y'all were like "look at his passer rating against zone". Ignorant. Now he can't. So we're in the situation I told you all for years was coming. We have a QB that can no longer rely on his legs, and his success now is determined by how well he can anticipate and execute from the pocket. Unfortunately, that part of his game just never developed. Luckily, he still has some trade value, but it is diminishing rapidly.

    At least answer me this ... I've told you for years that he can't execute basic concepts against zone defenses. Do you believe me now?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • 3 OC’s, same issues, only constant is the QB.

    It’s been back for nearly a year now going back to last season. Russ either can’t or simply won’t evolve his game to attack how they’re playing him and he needs to leave.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 22591
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


  • Not hearing any apologies so far......y'all were pretty brutal for years for something I was totally right about. Fits the character of a lot of you. Shame.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5368
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online