Any believers left?

What do you want?

• Keep Carroll

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Fire Carroll

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • Extend Wilson (after his contract is up)

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Let Wilson Walk

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seeing as how this team is in shambles and has been for some time whether people here agree or disagree.

How would you like to proceed starting this off-season.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":g1h3no97 said:
Seeing as how this team is in shambles and has been for some time whether people here agree or disagree.

If I had my preference. Fire Pete, get a new HC that will most effectively utilize the offensive talent on the field. Sadly I don’t think RW wants to stay so gonna lose both at this point or be stuck with Pete for a few more years without RW before top finally makes the moves

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2u56j6ip said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2u56j6ip said:

If I had my preference. Fire Pete, get a new HC that will most effectively utilize the offensive talent on the field. Sadly I don’t think RW wants to stay so gonna lose both at this point or be stuck with Pete for a few more years without RW before top finally makes the moves
I mean at some point, you have to move on from either the winning head coach or the winning QB, or both.

The head coach isn’t winning anymore and the QB looks like a shell of his former self.

This should be an easy decision based of the two things I said above.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
At this point I'm for burning it all down.

Fire Pete
Fire John
Find your next coach and GM, then trade Russell for as much as you can get for him.

If the new coach and GM want to keep Russell for another year and see if they can cater the scheme and offense to his strengths? I'm willing to see what that looks like.

But at this point in time I honestly can't see Russell getting better as he's aging, or even remaining the same. I see a QB who's age and lack of mobility is only going to get worse, not better.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2kp8bnml said:

Fire Pete
Fire John
Find your next coach and GM, then trade Russell for as much as you can get for him.

If the new coach and GM want to keep Russell for another year and see if they can cater the scheme and offense to his strengths? I'm willing to see what that looks like.

But at this point in time I honestly can't see Russell getting better as he's aging, or even remaining the same. I see a QB who's age and lack of mobility is only going to get worse, not better.
I agree.

If a new coach steps in and wants to see if Wilson can play still, so be it, give him a year extra but Wilson can become a placeholder for the next franchise QB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I still think Russ has a few really good years left in him but I am all for seeking as much as we can for him now. Unfortunately his stock isn't at a high at the moment. If you can get two firsts and a 2nd and or third, pull the trigger. I can't believe I am even saying this right now. Best QB we have ever had and if you think we are just going to magically find another Russ in the draft, good luck with that.

I also think it's time to move on from Pete and John. Hey man, it was a hell of a run. Nothing to be ashamed of. We finally achieved the top of the mountain with those two. But it's time.

James in PA

Reaction score
At this point, ya gotta move on from both Pete and Russ. You gotta get an offensive minded HC as the game is so geared towards offense. I have mixed feelings on RW, but in the end, we badly need draft picks and a QB who isn't hogging up so much cap space. Speaking of draft picks, the hardest guy to decide on is Schneider. His track record has not been great for a long time. But how much of that was Pete influence?? What a big ole friggin mess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iigakusei

Reaction score
Aros":1rzliwi1 said:
I still think Russ has a few really good years left in him but I am all for seeking as much as we can for him now. Unfortunately his stock isn't at a high at the moment. If you can get two firsts and a 2nd and or third, pull the trigger. I can't believe I am even saying this right now. Best QB we have ever had and if you think we are just going to magically find another Russ in the draft, good luck with that.

I also think it's time to move on from Pete and John. Hey man, it was a hell of a run. Nothing to be ashamed of. We finally achieved the top of the mountain with those two. But it's time.
If Pete and John are making the trade, we really might trade Russ for less than we gave up for Jamal Adams.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If the Packers can get rid of SB winning with many playoff appearances coach Mike McCarthy and retain Aaron Rodgers. I'd like the Seahawks to do the same with RW and Carroll. It is sadly unlikely given how long this thing got drawn out though.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3e2380iz said:
If a new coach steps in and wants to see if Wilson can play still, so be it, give him a year extra but Wilson can become a placeholder for the next franchise QB.

Yah, just what we now need....... a $29 million dollar a year placeholder. :roll:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Russell needs his own Matt Lafleur. A smart, creative offensive minded head coach that will build around and utilize their strengths.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rqxhj0d said:

Fire Pete
Fire John

Pretty much exactly how I feel (though I'm open to John staying with a new coach).

I don't think any offense that's not built on a great RB first and foremost will cater to Russ's strengths at this point. I just think we sacrifice too much at this point to make the offense work 'for him' instead of 'for the Seahawks'. But I'm willing to let our new HC keep Russ if that's what he thinks is best.

Otherwise? It's time to start the next era of this franchise.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Why do we have to trade russ?

Honestly I hope they do so all you whiners can see he wasn't the problem. Then balls out for another team.

On the other hand he needs to remain a hawk with different approaches to coaching. Only way that happens is with a coaching change.

The idea that we trade away the best player we have ever had on the idea he has regressed or is broken is non sense.1 it's not true. 2 there is nothing supporting you on those arguments. It's all opinion. Someone said his mobility is down. You guys are out of your dam mind again. You act like he can't run anymore. Instead he just doesn't. Tries to throw more. That I will agree with you on. Could help himself take less sacks(although it's also a line issue) and he could find shorter hot routes instead of looking deep. That is all you guys got. Even when he is down he finds a way to not be. He didn't yesterday with the long pass to Tyler and dk. Just dk wasn't inbounds. Tyler was and ended up scoring few plays later.

Also, how many dropped passes did we have? Blame russ all you want. Dk dropped two off his hands. Dallas dropped 1. Dissly dropped 1. Hart dropped a laser, but still hit his hands. I don't want to hear the"he shouldn't have thrown into dbl coverage". Even dk will tell you...if it hits the hands...it should be a catch. That's where you separate qb to wr responsibility.

chris98251

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3pw7f05l said:

Honestly I hope they do so all you whiners can see he wasn't the problem. Then balls out for another team.

On the other hand he needs to remain a hawk with different approaches to coaching. Only way that happens is with a coaching change.

The idea that we trade away the best player we have ever had on the idea he has regressed or is broken is non sense.1 it's not true. 2 there is nothing supporting you on those arguments. It's all opinion. Someone said his mobility is down. You guys are out of your dam mind again. You act like he can't run anymore. Instead he just doesn't. Tries to throw more. That I will agree with you on. Could help himself take less sacks(although it's also a line issue) and he could find shorter hot routes instead of looking deep. That is all you guys got. Even when he is down he finds a way to not be. He didn't yesterday with the long pass to Tyler and dk. Just dk wasn't inbounds. Tyler was and ended up scoring few plays later.

Also, how many dropped passes did we have? Blame russ all you want. Dk dropped two off his hands. Dallas dropped 1. Dissly dropped 1. Hart dropped a laser, but still hit his hands. I don't want to hear the"he shouldn't have thrown into dbl coverage". Even dk will tell you...if it hits the hands...it should be a catch. That's where you separate qb to wr responsibility.

He isn't playing within the offense design.

He costs too much to keep when your rebuilding, you are basically doing the same thing you would do if he was on the bench, paying money for something that isn't going to make a difference for a few years.

If your rebuilding you need capital since we don't have any in Draft picks, he has worth to someone now, keep failing and that drops.

That's a few, add if you replace Pete the new guy may envision something different and Wilson may not fit that as an established QB, Pete gave Hass one year and really didn't try to resign him either. If the culture evolves around Wilson and you want to change that you have to move him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3w3ek4ze said:
Why do we have to trade russ?.

Lots of reasons;

1. How can you rebuild your roster with no draft picks. Quickest way to get a bunch of high picks is to trade your player with the most value. Russell.

2. Russell's reached the peak of his potential. His game is elusiveness, escapability, scrambling around and making explosive plays downfield. Is that going to get better or worse as he continues to age, get slower and have more injuries? Worse.

3. We might not have a choice, if Russell was unhappy after a 12-4 season, what do you think his unhappiness level's going to be after an abysmal 4-5 win season? Going to be off the charts, and he will again ask for a trade, this time much more forcefully.

Blow it up. Blow it all up.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
chris98251":2llg985e said:
jamescasey1124":2llg985e said:

He costs too much to keep when your rebuilding, you are basically doing the same thing you would do if he was on the bench, paying money for something that isn't going to make a difference for a few years.

If your rebuilding you need capital since we don't have any in Draft picks, he has worth to someone now, keep failing and that drops.

That's a few, add if you replace Pete the new guy may envision something different and Wilson may not fit that as an established QB, Pete gave Hass one year and really didn't try to resign him either. If the culture evolves around Wilson and you want to change that you have to move him.

Who said we are rebuilding? You? Good thing you don't run the seahawks.

Bye

chris98251

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":ccs1zw6n said:
chris98251":ccs1zw6n said:
jamescasey1124":ccs1zw6n said:

Bye

Oh you would keep everything as it is, maybe trade 3 more high picks for a DT this time?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37vgz0hh said:
jamescasey1124":37vgz0hh said:
Why do we have to trade russ?.

Lots of reasons;

1. How can you rebuild your roster with no draft picks. Quickest way to get a bunch of high picks is to trade your player with the most value. Russell.

2. Russell's reached the peak of his potential. His game is elusiveness, escapability, scrambling around and making explosive plays downfield. Is that going to get better or worse as he continues to age, get slower and have more injuries? Worse.

3. We might not have a choice, if Russell was unhappy after a 12-4 season, what do you think his unhappiness level's going to be after an abysmal 4-5 win season? Going to be off the charts, and he will again ask for a trade, this time much more forcefully.

Blow it up. Blow it all up.

You can build a team with free agents. Not just a draft. Again, no one said we were rebuilding accept people on this board. No one in control of the hawks.

You have decided he reached the peak of his potential. That is your opinion. Not factual. My opinion is you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Stop assuming you speak for other people. You don't know what russ will do. Honestly, if nothing changes and Pete remains with all of his staff...I hope russ is gone. I would love to see him play for a team who will build around him instead of a worn out philosophy. Also, it would piss off alot of you naysayers who want him gone anyway.

I'm telling you right now...you are wrong. Russ is not the problem. Only deals with what he is given. Over the years it has gotten worse and everybody is taking it out on him. If he is provided a chance to win here still...he will stay. Alot has to change. But not the change you are talking about.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
chris98251":3hlwm2lm said:
jamescasey1124":3hlwm2lm said:
chris98251":3hlwm2lm said:
jamescasey1124":3hlwm2lm said:

Bye

Oh you would keep everything as it is, maybe trade 3 more high picks for a DT this time?

Nope. Keep as is. Talent is there. It's execution with what is given. That is a coaching problem.