Sunken Seahawks hold team meeting.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I was hoping to hear about something like this.

As much as we're bitching, I cannot imagine what the team is feeling. I hope there's a Come to Jesus moment, and they just play for each other and team pride. I could use a Rudy moment.

Go Hawks?

toffee

Reaction score
Three players did most of the talking, Bobby , Brown, and Wilson. From BBW, Brown spoke the longest, which is good, since Bobby and Wilson as team captains have always talking to the team.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I wonder if RW finally opened up his typical motivational 2-5 word cliches phrases. Doubt it. Anyone ever see his micd up. It’a nothing but “atta boy” “cmon let’s go” “good work good work” “praise the lord good day” …

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is great, but unfortunately effort is not the problem right now........it's a severe lack of talent, injuries and execution.

I still see effort, I still see the players caring on the field and sidelines. That's not the problem. So not sure what a team meeting does.

Again, great to hear. But I don't think it does anything. Effort, unity and the players caring isn't the problem.

toffee

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3efz35r1 said:
I wonder if RW finally opened up his typical motivational 2-5 word cliches phrases. Doubt it. Anyone ever see his micd up. It’a nothing but “atta boy” “cmon let’s go” “good work good work” “praise the lord good day” …
Finished with go Hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2t41safh said:
This is great, but unfortunately effort is not the problem right now........it's a severe lack of talent, injuries and execution.

I still see effort, I still see the players caring on the field and sidelines. That's not the problem. So not sure what a team meeting does.

Again, great to hear. But I don't think it does anything. Effort, unity and the players caring isn't the problem.

You can have great physical effort but lack focus and discipline and execution, Head game is what's lacking. That is coaching.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":240nryzv said:
Sgt. Largent":240nryzv said:

You can have great physical effort but lack focus and discipline and execution, Head game is what's lacking. That is coaching.
This!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":esu5jkwc said:
Sgt. Largent":esu5jkwc said:

Head game? What does that even mean?

I see a D-line with less than five sacks between it's starters that can't get pressure on a backup like Colt McCoy without blitzing.

I see a LB corp that just had McCoy complete 18 of 22 short passes on them because they're too slow and can't drop deep enough fast enough.

I see a DB group that's a MASH unit and an utter mess.

I see a QB that came back from his injury too soon and even before the injury isn't even close to his effectiveness for a full season now going back to mid season last year.

I see the worst RB group in the entire league, on a team predicated to run the ball.

I see a lost confused coach with no answers, who just keeps puking up the same Groundhog Day statements over and over after every loss.

I see an O-line that can't pass block for more than 2 seconds and get dominated and run over game after game.

Have all the team meetings you want, it's not fixing any of this.

xray

Reaction score
Many in that meeting will be playing elsewhere next season . I'll bet that those that are leaving could care less what Wilson says anymore .

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":3fu0fh8t said:
Many in that meeting will be playing elsewhere next season . I'll bet that those that are leaving could care less what Wilson says anymore .

This is a grain of salt since Pete said it, but stated the meeting was more a cheerleading session about doing better, about stepping things up etc, really not about each taking ownership and doing their job. Saying that Brown would be the one I would expect to actually hit the mark on things. Wilson would be I need to do better, we all need to do better etc, same with Bobby. They are motivational type leaders, Brown is more about being on point, shame it was just those three named, would have liked to see Diggs, Adams, be more prominent in this also.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maybe they met to discuss on which games who would get padded stats to help their future for their next team.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uadwkuu said:
chris98251":1uadwkuu said:
Sgt. Largent":1uadwkuu said:

I see a D-line with less than five sacks between it's starters that can't get pressure on a backup like Colt McCoy without blitzing.

I see a LB corp that just had McCoy complete 18 of 22 short passes on them because they're too slow and can't drop deep enough fast enough.

I see a QB that came back from his injury too soon and even before the injury isn't even close to his effectiveness for a full season now going back to mid season last year.

I see the worst RB group in the entire league, on a team predicated to run the ball.

I see a lost confused coach with no answers, who just keeps puking up the same Groundhog Day statements over and over after every loss.

I see an O-line that can't pass block for more than 2 seconds and get dominated and run over game after game.

Largent I agree with this post 100%. I couldn't have said it better myself. Only thing I would add to this is, they should have kept brian schottenheimer IMO

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
ZagHawk":vv00qe9j said:
Yeah, he's embarrassing and not entertaining to have micd up.

Unfortunately this meeting is about 2 months too late

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Did they congratulate themselves and "make it rain" with their ridiculous contracts as well?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1t0vv50q said:

Perfectly said