Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dec. 5th game officially flexed out of SNF

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

Re: Dec. 5th game officially flexed
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:32 pm
  • Thank God. Is it just me or is anyone else at the point where they still want to watch the games, but would rather have them as early as possible so we can just get on with our day after the game ends?
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Normally I would be bummed. But yeah, I'm good with the 1:25 start. And saving the vacation day on Monday. When the team is good, LOVE the prime time games.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• This is great.

I don’t want to the rest of the US to see just how bad Seattle really is.

Losing a prime time game with the way the Seahawks have been playing is flat out over embarrassing.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Being in Prime Time hasn't been a big deal with me for at least the past 20 years. This isn't like college football where it's a beauty contest and appearing on Prime Time increases a team's exposure and the odds of getting voted into the playoffs. I couldn't give two hoots in hell if we're never on Prime Time again.

But I do agree that this is just one more sign of the shine coming off our penny. We're down there with the Lions and Jets in terms of respect.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• You know the Era has ended when you get flexed, and Seattle has historically had even when bad some of the better games on Monday night and rated well.

Nobody wants to watch Wilson, usually the Franchise QB can carry the interest needed to keep a game in place.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Good news for me, I get to freeze my balls off at 1:30 in the daylight instead of 5:30 at night.

Not the game we envisioned when we bought the tickets back in August, but Hawk games are always fun when you don't get to go very often.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I love the primetime games, but I get it.
    fire_marshall_bill
    NET Rookie

• A few bad games and now nobody wants to watch Wilson? Oh Brother........
    But should I be surprised that yet another Hawks thread had to be infused with another shot at Russ? Nope, not at all.

2 days til the Food Coma and a ridiculous amount of football :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:This is great.

Losing a prime time game with the way the Seahawks have been playing is flat out over embarrassing.

As a 49ers fan, Seahawks always beat us. 4-16 vs Midget Wilson. Hate it. LOL
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad

• Yeah, I can see why Niners fans hate Russ. 16-4 vs. Santa Clara.
    But..........a lot of Seahawks fans hate him too so there is that :irishdrinkers:
    Be very careful what you wish for..........
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, I can see why Niners fans hate Russ. 16-4 vs. Santa Clara.
    But..........a lot of Seahawks fans hate him too so there is that :irishdrinkers:

Rams fans currently hate us (49ers) because for whatever reason Shanny ownes McVay. It's weird how it happens

Seahawks > 49ers
    49ers > Rams
    Rams > Seahawks
    Rams > Cardinals
    Cardinals > 49ers.

Someone always owns someone in the NFC West.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad

• Crap this actually means I can NOT go. My friend has his booster slated at noon that day and my daughter as well. So....I guess I'm taking a bath on tickets that Sunday.

Also the NFL has just made a statement doing this that "your team sucks" lol.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

• Welp, play like crap, get crappy time slots. Can't say I'm surprised. But of course, if it would have been SF vs Dall@ss and Dall@ss had the same lousy record as we do, the game would have gone on as scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:2 days til the Food Coma and a ridiculous amount of football :irishdrinkers:

Yeah, I can't wait for that Bears vs. Lions matchup.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• Couldn't care less who is playing. Football, family, food and drinks is a tradition :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• RiverDog wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:2 days til the Food Coma and a ridiculous amount of football :irishdrinkers:

The Detroit Lions, ruining your Thanksgiving morning since 1958.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Haha...Yes, it could always be worse. We could be Lions fans after all.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:2 days til the Food Coma and a ridiculous amount of football :irishdrinkers:

That's not true. 90s Lions had Berry Sanders mid-2000s had Calvin Johnson. So they have been somewhat entertaining on Thanksgiving.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Haha...Yes, it could always be worse. We could be Lions fans after all.

Yes, it could be worse.

The Niners took a whole lot of fans to Florida just to watch them play the Jags. With everybody jumping off the Seahawks bandwagon, there's going to be a whole helluva lot of them present when they come to Seattle. It would be a huge embarrassment to see them take over our stadium on national TV.

THAT would be worse.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• At some point though, Dallas and the Lions every damn year? The league should move it around a little.
    Oh well, you never know. Sometimes crap matchups turn in to great games.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• sdog1981 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:

That's not true. 90s Lions had Berry Sanders mid-2000s had Calvin Johnson. So they have been somewhat entertaining on Thanksgiving.

From 1990 to 2010, five winning seasons....and two of those winning seasons were 9-7.

Sorry bro, I need more than one player on a terrible team to get excited to watch on a national holiday.

It's the worst tradition in NFL history, putting this dumpster fire of a team on TV every Thanksgiving.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:At some point though, Dallas and the Lions every damn year? The league should move it around a little. Oh well, you never know. Sometimes crap matchups turn in to great games.

Before the advent of SNF and TNF, automatically giving the Cowboys and Lions dibs on two of the biggest Prime Time games of the season was a very contentious subject amongst NFL owners. Now with such an expanded Prime Time schedule, it's much less of an issue.

It's not a big deal with me. I'm usually betting on the outcome just to keep my interest, so I'm actually OK with a Bears-Lions matchup. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it!
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• Nobody should be forced to watch our garbage nationally.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, I can see why Niners fans hate Russ. 16-4 vs. Santa Clara.

Trade Wilson for Garropolo in 2022. I'm completely serious.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Stud wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:This is great.

As a 49ers fan, Seahawks always beat us. 4-16 vs Midget Wilson. Hate it. LOL

I’m sure the Niners have a great chance at beating Seattle with this game.

Seattle has a lot of problems.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Don't hate him, Network don't care if he isn't doing his marquee fantastic finishes for ratings.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• hugecanoli wrote:
    I hope one day Lions fans get to experience a SB win. They have been through hell.

Meh - could care less about the Lions. Gimme an unexpected Browns run, or a Raiders run. I'd much rather see either of those with an unexpected Owl than the Lions.
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• TV is big business. Night games are for contenders, entertaining teams, and big markets. A 2021 Washington @ Pittsburgh game would probably have stayed in that slot. Seattle? Sorry, it's not personal.
    flv
    NET Starter

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, I can see why Niners fans hate Russ. 16-4 vs. Santa Clara.

Trade Wilson for Garropolo in 2022. I'm completely serious.

Jimmy Glass wouldn’t last 2 minutes with our offensive line.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• flv wrote:TV is big business. Night games are for contenders, entertaining teams, and big markets. A 2021 Washington @ Pittsburgh game would probably have stayed in that slot. Seattle? Sorry, it's not personal.

Game should have been moved. It’s going to be a garbage game, that no one in their right mind should be forced to watch.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:Game should have been moved. It’s going to be a garbage game, that no one in their right mind should be forced to watch.

Agreed. SNF is huge, and the ability to flex their schedule is critical to the NFL maintaining interest in their sport. I wouldn't want it any other way.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• Good,we don't need RW's trade value to drop more.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information