Votes: 14 60.9%
  • 2) Shane Waldron

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlickRick

Reaction score
Penny for you're thoughts?

In my honest opinion Seattle should have kept Brian Schottenheimer. Instead of some we let him go due to some "philosophical difference" B.S.

Russ & Schotty worked well together & even had their Jesus Piece chains going on. Not a big fan of Shane Waldron. Yay he worked with Sean Mcvay , but that doesn't mean squat. Take a look at Belichicks coaching tree ...that
hasn't fared so we'll either.

Haven't seen anything special from Waldron, have you?

sutz

Reaction score
Can't really vote either way, because except for Game 1 I don't think we've really seen much of Waldron's ideas of offense.

:229031_shrug:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Waldron seems like he's being limited by Pete's influence. For the strangest of reasons I cannot quantify it seems like we only got to see Waldron's influence in the first game against the Colts. Ever since he has been MIA. Why?

Pete Ball.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Game 1

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1438009269501190144[/tweet]

After game 1

'Pete on Waldron: He's open minded enough to do things that we've done in the past'

[youtube]_asNhzXq72w[/youtube]

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Smellyman":3sw0h51h said:
Game 1

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1438009269501190144[/tweet]

After game 1

'Pete on Waldron: He's open minded enough to do things that we've done in the past'

[youtube]_asNhzXq72w[/youtube]

So much this. Waldron barely got a chance. Pete shut it down because, well who knows why Pete does most the shit he does.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Question Fellas, do y'all see the common dominator? schottenheimer, Waldron. The only constant was Pete, IMO I think he's lost his touch for a few years now. The Wilson /Carrol marriage may be over.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Doesnt matter who the OC is, it will always be the same as long as Carroll is the coach.

toffee

Reaction score
Offense philosophical difference. Can anyone decipher this statement?

1. Pete wanted to play one way, Schotty wanted another? Russ wanted something entirely different.
2. Pete wanted to play one way, Schotty and Russ on the same page wanted something different.
3. Schotty wanted to one way, and Russ wanted to go another? Pete sided with Russ.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

mistaowen

Reaction score
I know Russ has missed some open guys lately and is certainly not playing well but you can't tell me Waldron's is being 100% reigned in by Pete since game 1. That was an entirely different looking offensive style to anything we've seen in the Pete Carroll era. Pre-snap motion, misdirection, play action from these identical looking sets, intermediate crossers with varied layers to beat zone, so much pocket movement, etc. The week 1 offense was the Rams to a T and for whatever reason, Pete decided to bring back his offense after beating up on a very good Colts team.

We've gone from one of the most pre-snap motion teams week 1/2 to the bottom again. That clip above has guys going in motion almost every single play with tons of misdirection layered in. We went back to telegraphing our basic Pete Carroll design for no obvious reason whatsoever and predictably defenses are crushing the offense outside of the occasional chunk play, which is almost always improvised.

chris98251

Reaction score
They could save a few dollars and let Waldron go for philosophical differences and just let Russell call the plays and nobody would notice if it wasn't announced. In fact they could have done this after Bevells Super Bowl call and not announced it and nobody would know that we didn't have a OC it has been that consistent.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1mtvshgv said:
They could save a few dollars and let Waldron go for philosophical differences and just let Russell call the plays and nobody would notice if it wasn't announced. In fact they could have done this after Bevells Super Bowl call and not announced it and nobody would know that we didn't have a OC it has been that consistent.
I remember in 2019 pre season or was it 2029m preseason game, Russell took over the play calling for a few series. 12s were cheering on, Schotty had that smile on his face.

But Chris, under your theory, which I concur, who and why the leak about meeting of Russ, Pete, Schotty etc. Ended with Russ ran out of the room? The leak of that meeting was the prelude to Russ's off season complaints etc.

justafan

Reaction score
I miss running the ball 140+ yds a game and having a top 10 scoring offense. 7 top 10 and 8 top 11 since RW started. At this point we are playing at the Bates, injured Hass and Whitehurst level.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1qk8d72h said:
Can't really vote either way, because except for Game 1 I don't think we've really seen much of Waldron's ideas of offense.

This. It worked, but Pete was uncomfortable using it, so it was scrapped.
He seems to hate comfortable wins, and craves last possession deciding games.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3j66nvzi said:
sutz":3j66nvzi said:

Well if things continue Waldron has a year under his belt and can probably get hired back with the Rams and get to run an offense again or assist.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I want to know what changed in the offensive coaching from Game 1 to today. Was it Shane? Pete? RW? Carson injured? All the above?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
ZagHawk":810992x0 said:
I want to know what changed in the offensive coaching from Game 1 to today. Was it Shane? Pete? RW? Carson injured? All the above?

You mean from the first half of game one to every other quarter of football this season, right?

My guess, Pete doesn't like being shown there are better ways than his way to do things.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":3drkvevn said:
Sports Hernia":3drkvevn said:
sutz":3drkvevn said:

Well if things continue Waldron has a year under his belt and can probably get hired back with the Rams and get to run an offense again or assist.

Shane could whisper that he was handcuffed by Pete, or blame Russ. Fact remains that he FINALLY has OC under his limited resume. My money on he blames Pete as Pete's days in the league are limited, Russ on the other hand will have more years in the league, and Russ has a media machine.

keasley45

Reaction score
SlickRick":1h7rzj9o said:
Question Fellas, do y'all see the common dominator? schottenheimer, Waldron. The only constant was Pete, IMO I think he's lost his touch for a few years now. The Wilson /Carrol marriage may be over.

I thought they both called plays for Russ. And Russ is pretty vehemently defending the play choices this year.

John63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":38sxhwoq said:
sutz":38sxhwoq said:

This^^ and it echoes what he said in his book

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":269pjjf8 said:
SlickRick":269pjjf8 said:

I thought they both called plays for Russ. And Russ is pretty vehemently defending the play choices this year.

SlickRick should mention two common denominators: Pete and Russ, not just Pete. Russ defended the play choices, was he defending Waldon or Pete or himself?