Why?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If Chris Carson is done for the year, why hasn’t he been put on IR and why aren’t we hearing of any RB names to be brought in?

nutluck

Reaction score
For the same reason the Hawks are sitting on 13mil cap space this year... no one knows.

James in PA

Reaction score
What are you talking about?? We just signed running back B.J. Emmons to the practice squad!

SUPER BOWL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
James in PA":vh7t1i8f said:
What are you talking about?? We just signed running back B.J. Emmons to the practice squad!

SUPER BOWL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing had been done when I posted this thread. Carson still isn’t on IR.

xray

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1an9423l said:
If Chris Carson is done for the year, why hasn’t he been put on IR and why aren’t we hearing of any RB names to be brought in?

My guess....just one more thing ... bury it .

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I'd still like to see Collins get a chance to carry the load with consistent playing time and a committed run game.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, no reason to IR him until the roster spot is actually needed.

As for the $13 mill, I don't think they're gonna find any FAs that would turn this season around anyway. The season is basically tanked for now. I'm not a "suck for Luck" kind of guy so I'm not rooting for losing just to improve draft position. I never do that. Never. That money rolls over to next year, and without a #1 pick, I suspect it will come in useful in free agency or trade talks.

No, what this team needs to do is dig down and find their hearts and do their best to finish this season as strong as possible. The 'help' they need to find is within, not from outside. There will be turnover this off season and the guys better be thinking of their future by proving to the coaches that they're worthy of bringing back next year, or at least putting up some highlight films for their future evaluations.

If the team were to spend money, I'd look to CB, and there probably isn't any help on the market there, either.

toffee

Reaction score
The 13 mil was interesting, they have been sitting on it for a long time. As if they knew the season may go south, or they knew that Wilson will leave after the season.

Not sure if Jody or her boys were in on the not spending those 13 mil?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
toffee":3oh13fa2 said:
The 13 mil was interesting, they have been sitting on it for a long time. As if they knew the season may go south, or they knew that Wilson will leave after the season.

Not sure if Jody or her boys were in on the not spending those 13 mil?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
It carries over to next year at least. Look at the Saints those guys are always using every last penny on a yearly basis and they suck as a playoff team every year. This year no different. Carrying over cap is more important at this juncture