A little cheer to brighten the mood

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Might be a good time to either watch for the first time, or re-watch and feel the goodness.
Its not short, so please, take the time to sit down, relax, breathe, and just enjoy a bit of our humble beginnings.

When this man retired in 1989, he held the NFL WR records for:
- Receptions (819)
- Receiving yards (13,089)
- Receiving TDs (100)

And never wore gloves.

Go Hawks!

A Football Life - Steve Largent
https://youtu.be/dMWlFn37W-4

Jville

Reaction score
Terrific Story. From humble beginnings That video never gets old.

Thanks for posting. :2thumbs:

byau

Reaction score
I watch Largent / Harden clips every so often for fun also. Always brings a smile to my face. I remember watching it on tv live with my brother and dad when it happened ... unforgettable

Out of curiosity, I also checked on Mike Harden to see what he has been up to. Not recent news or anything, but I didn't know this and didn't see it mentioned on here recently. In 2002, Mike Harden was sentenced to six years prison for theft/fraud.

"GOLDEN, Colo. (AP) _ Former Denver Broncos safety Mike Harden was sentenced Monday to six years in a halfway house for defrauding and stealing from women he knew.
Harden stole about $64,500 in money, forged checks and several credit card accounts opened in his name or the names of approximately 15 people. The crimes took place between January 2000 and May 2001."

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I watch Largent / Harden clips every so often for fun also. Always brings a smile to my face. I remember watching it on tv live with my brother and dad when it happened ... unforgettable

Out of curiosity, I also checked on Mike Harden to see what he has been up to. Not recent news or anything, but I didn't know this and didn't see it mentioned on here recently. In 2002, Mike Harden was sentenced to six years prison for theft/fraud.

"GOLDEN, Colo. (AP) _ Former Denver Broncos safety Mike Harden was sentenced Monday to six years in a halfway house for defrauding and stealing from women he knew.
Harden stole about $64,500 in money, forged checks and several credit card accounts opened in his name or the names of approximately 15 people. The crimes took place between January 2000 and May 2001."
In contrast, what has Largent been up to lately? Hmmm... there's more to this story than their rivalry in that game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Classic. Such a gentleman and one hell of a player in his time. No, scratch that. Not just in his time, but any time. Was never the fastest or strongest or most athletic but he just simply went out and did what receivers are supposed to do which is catch balls and score touchdowns. Whether it was Zorn or Krieg throwing to him, he was remarkable and I feel so blessed to have watched him growing up. The Harden Hit was simply the karmic icing on the cake to one hell of a career.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
My avatar here is Largent leveling Harden on "that play."

There's a short (2:48 including the 16 seconds of useless crap tacked on at the end) video on the Harden-Largent thing extracted from the A Football Life on Largent, and I've watched it many, many times.

Somebody around here suggested that a recent Seahawks player who very recently left the team was "arguably" the greatest Seahawk ever. I don't see it, tho' I can recognize that that player was by far the best at his position in the history of the Seahawks. I think there's a clear all-time top three of Seahawks players, and I won't even try to put them in any order other than alphabetical by last name: Walter Jones, Tez Kennedy, and Steve Largent.

OP
OP
HomerJHawk

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
It's plays, and back stories, like that which made me a fan of the game.
#ilovethisgame.

And thanks to my pops for moving to and retiring in Ft. Lewis that made me a Seahawks fan since 83.

Can't wait for next season!

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Nice video, really enjoyed it.

Steve Largent will always be Mr. Seahawk to me.

I always related Steve Largent to The Greatest American Hero, it might of been just the look or something. Not sure.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I was hoping for a picture of Aros in a singlet.

keasley45

Reaction score
It's plays, and back stories, like that which made me a fan of the game.
#ilovethisgame.

And thanks to my pops for moving to and retiring in Ft. Lewis that made me a Seahawks fan since 83.

Can't wait for next season!
My dad was stationed at Ft Lewis in 82. Like you, it was moving to the PNW and seeing the seahawks play in the kingdome that made me a fan.

I went to Tillicum Elementary School and remember trying to get my mom to let me wear my seahawks sweatshirt to school everyday.